Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We got Todd / Might be getting a new punter (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SM19
    Clever little trick. "Sauerbrun wasn't convicted, but neither was Bonds. And we all know Bonds is guilty, so hey, Sauerbrun must be guilty too!"
    Haha, I see you caught the Falacy in my logic. Let me try rephrasing it. I didn't mean to say just becuase one guilty guy is found not guilty (BONDS) means everyone found not guilty is guilty.

What I meant is that just because you are found not guilty doesn't mean that you are actually not guilty(with bonds as an example). It means that if you research the subject and decide that it really looks like he is actually guilty, then you can say I bet this guy is guilty.

There is a clear distinction between these two, and I apoligize for not making it clearer before

POINT REMAINS--NO ONES COMPLAINING ABOUT THE EPEDRINE, RATHER ITS THE STANOZOLOL, A STERIOD BANNED BY THE LEAGUE, THAT PISSES ME OFF
    Thanks Broncos for bringing back our roided up punter .

Comment

It is ridiculous to make a conclusion that he was taking Ephedra to LOSE WEIGHT, while simultaneously taking injections of Stanozolol which is intended to increase muscle mass and weight including water retention. See Ben Johnson about 20 years ago for that result. The logic of doing something like this is equally ridiculous.

Unless it is proved, an allegation is just that. We in this great nation convict on evidence and the alleger must bear the burden of proof beyond a shadow of a doubt by a jury of his peers. The NFL must demonstrate no less burden of proof.
      Since they have not convicted based on STEROIDS [Stanozolol], the Ephedra stands as his only violation.

Comment

The steroid issue was from his time with the Panthers before he ever put on a Broncos uniform. The test he failed was administered when he was a Bronco and he failed because he tested positive for ephedra. I don't understand why the two issues are being intermingled with each other. If he was using steroids as a Bronco, it probably would have shown up on the same test he failed for ephedra. Hopefully he has learned his lesson and won't use either substance for the remainder of his career. We know he used ephedra. We don't know that he used steroids. He's not the same as Barry Bonds. We know that Bonds cheated whether he failed a test or not. Ephedra is not a performance enhancer. It's a substance that was banned because the NFL decided to play big brother in order to avoid another situation that occurred with the late Corey Stringer. It's great that Sauerbrun wants to stay in shape, but hopefully he won't try to use the shortcut anymore.

Let's just be happy that we have a chance to get back a player that wants to be on the team and will likely be an upgrade to the special teams.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
          That's good news, i hope shanny would consider extending his contract to a year or two.
          I agree,I would like to see a couple of years added to that contract.I would have a since of relief to know that Denver has a lock in the punting unit for years to come

Comment

Originally posted by GetmeanotherTD
            Haha, I see you caught the Falacy in my logic. Let me try rephrasing it. I didn't mean to say just becuase one guilty guy is found not guilty (BONDS) means everyone found not guilty is guilty.

What I meant is that just because you are found not guilty doesn't mean that you are actually not guilty(with bonds as an example). It means that if you research the subject and decide that it really looks like he is actually guilty, then you can say I bet this guy is guilty.

There is a clear distinction between these two, and I apoligize for not making it clearer before

POINT REMAINS--NO ONES COMPLAINING ABOUT THE EPEDRINE, RATHER ITS THE STANOZOLOL, A STERIOD BANNED BY THE LEAGUE, THAT PISSES ME OFF

Just as I can't say definitively that this punter is innocent, you cannot say, definitively, that he is guilty unless you have seen it or are privy to info beyond what was in the press.

In which case, you work for the NFL and would likely be fired for releasing said info.

So you can disapprove of the move, but please discontinue the allegations of illegal steriod use without proof (i.e. NFL discipline or legal records).

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Why is jcdavey saying "We got Todd"?

Isn't he a Chargers fan?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                Why is jcdavey saying "We got Todd"?

Isn't he a Chargers fan?

"We got Todd" was a separate thread created by a Broncos fan that got merged with jcdavey's thread, orignially titled "Y'all might be getting a new punter"

I believe jcdavey is a Chargers fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
                  "We got Todd" was a separate thread created by a Broncos fan that got merged with jcdavey's thread, orignially titled "Y'all might be getting a new punter"

I believe jcdavey is a Chargers fan.

Yeah, I know.

I'm just pointing out the merging error.

A rookie mod no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                  X