Serious problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious problem

I have a serious problem with all of these draft rumors. Why does ANYBODY think that we need ted Ginn or a reciever number 1. We have Javon, B-Marshall, Stokely and Rod Smith. We are soo deep at wide reciever we look like the 2006 Seahawks. Getting Ginn would be overloading it.

We are decent at D-Line not too bad. We are just used to being spoiled and haveing at least one star at each position. We cant win them all and be a team full of all stars. Plus the draft is soooo very deep in D-Linemen we could get a quality guy at 2 or ever one of our thirds. I dont see the stress to get Carriker or Moss.

Nobody has been talkign about the position we most need. SAFETY. We have a injuury prone and old safety group. John has seen better days and eventhough he can blitz like mad and can always make the tackle, he continuously gives up deep balls because. I feel that we giving him free passes because his rep. and what he has done in the past. But dont get me wron i love to see him play and still feel he can get the job done. But Ferg is od and was never really a standout in coverage. Brandon is just a backup, not a starter. So who is going to cover deep when John blitzes and our corners need help(not like champ needs any). We need youth, and if you all want that "shutdown" defense, we need Griffen/Merriweather to make our DB's the best core in the league. John, Dre, Champ, and Griffen would be by far the best and nobody could ever pass on us.

I feel that if we dont get safety help, we would struggle severly with giving up the deep ball like we have dont in past years cause your safety halp is too slow to get there. In my eyes there is no way we can be sucsessful in the draft if we dont get merriweather/griffen/landry.

Am i the only one who thinks this??

Because there's a good chance neither Rod nor Stokely will be able to play. Ginn gives us a home run threat and a real return game. But I'm not going Ginn or bust either. BPA baby, BPA.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Well, yes and no. Its not a complete disastor if we don't get Merriwether/Griffin/Nelson. But we at least need to adress the position in the first day.
      sigpic

Comment

I agree. I REALLY would like Reggie Nelson. He can sit on the bench for Lynch's last season and get mentored by him (like how Palmer was benched for his first seasons). By 2008 season, he will be ready and able to step right into the role of a NFL player.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
          I agree. I REALLY would like Reggie Nelson. He can sit on the bench for Lynch's last season and get mentored by him (like how Palmer was benched for his first seasons). By 2008 season, he will be ready and able to step right into the role of a NFL player.

I have heard this before.

Why would you bench a players that is better then what we have, Fergunson (sp?), it makes no sence. Why waste a year of his contract?

He can still be mentored by Lynch he will just play at the same time.

Then Hazma will take over Lynch to play in the box (nelson is not an in the box safety)

two good young safetys + Bailey and Bly = lockdown

Comment

I think WR is more of a need than people think it is. Walker is the only established star who is ready to go. Stokley is returning from a serious injury, so is Rod Smith who to boot is 37. Marshall only had 20 catches last year. Hixon was injured all of last year and Kircus is a backup guy. Best case scenario, Stokley, Smith and Hixon all come back and play like they are able to. Smith will still retire next season in that case, so a top WR is still needed to fill the gap.

DL is a need because looking objectively we only have 1 DT that fit the system we are going to play. We do have 3 DE who can play, but 2 are smallish and we do need at least 1 more player to guard against injuries and to keep people fresh all season.

I agree that S is a primary need and shouldn't be put off. However there are a LOT of players who can play S in this years draft. If we can Marcus Mccauley in the 2nd we would be set for a long time, the man is a playmaker and has the size to be a S. He is very fast and could transfer very well to a FS role. Weddle or Wendling could be had lower and both would add the element we need. I think we will draft a S, if Nelson is there in the 1st he could easily be the guy. But this is one of the strongest S classes in a while so we are in luck and can go for a guy a little lower.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampPik4Six
              I have a serious problem with all of these draft rumors. Why does ANYBODY think that we need ted Ginn or a reciever number 1. We have Javon, B-Marshall, Stokely and Rod Smith. We are soo deep at wide reciever we look like the 2006 Seahawks. Getting Ginn would be overloading it.

We are decent at D-Line not too bad. We are just used to being spoiled and haveing at least one star at each position. We cant win them all and be a team full of all stars. Plus the draft is soooo very deep in D-Linemen we could get a quality guy at 2 or ever one of our thirds. I dont see the stress to get Carriker or Moss.

Nobody has been talkign about the position we most need. SAFETY. We have a injuury prone and old safety group. John has seen better days and eventhough he can blitz like mad and can always make the tackle, he continuously gives up deep balls because. I feel that we giving him free passes because his rep. and what he has done in the past. But dont get me wron i love to see him play and still feel he can get the job done. But Ferg is od and was never really a standout in coverage. Brandon is just a backup, not a starter. So who is going to cover deep when John blitzes and our corners need help(not like champ needs any). We need youth, and if you all want that "shutdown" defense, we need Griffen/Merriweather to make our DB's the best core in the league. John, Dre, Champ, and Griffen would be by far the best and nobody could ever pass on us.

I feel that if we dont get safety help, we would struggle severly with giving up the deep ball like we have dont in past years cause your safety halp is too slow to get there. In my eyes there is no way we can be sucsessful in the draft if we dont get merriweather/griffen/landry.

I think your analysis is just off point. You are looking at individual players and trying to determine which guys are good and which aren't (while I am here let me mention your view of our DLine is way off).

You should look at if from a team and game perspective. Why did we lose games last year? I think it came down to two reasons. On D we couldn't get a pass rush on the other team with our front 4 which put pressure on our secondary. On O we didn't get good play out of any recieving option other than Javon. Later in the year this put more and more pressure on the running game (8 in the box) or required Javon to go through constant double teaming.

If we want to win more games we have to fix the problems that lost us games. I don't think safety play or lack thereof was as significant a factor.

Everyone is saying WR or DE because these are the positions that cost us the most in games as a team.

Comment

Safety is not the biggest need. That's why most mock drafts have the Broncos taking a defensive end. Our biggest issue on defense last season was the pass rush. Just because there might be some good DEs in the second round that doesn't mean you necessarily take another position in the first round. I'm not opposed to the idea of the Broncos taking a safety, but I'm kind of hoping they take another position just so I can read all the whining about how we should have taken Nelson or Griffin. I could see the Broncos taking Ginn if he were available. I don't think he will be available but if he is, I would not complain if Shanahan took him. That would be a huge upgrade to the return game and provide another deep target for Cutler.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

You could have an all star backfield of Champ Bailey, Deion Sanders(in his prime), Ed Reed, and Ronnie Lott(in his prime), and they would still be rendered useless when the QB has 8+ seconds to throw the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by BF_forever
                    two good young safetys + Bailey and Bly = lockdown
                    Not if we don't fix the d-line. It all starts up front.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampPik4Six

I don't either....Anthony Spencer will do just fine.

Or an offensive lineman....Or a DT!

Maybe a LB!

Pretty much anything but a safety!

What is with the Safety fetish?

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                        I don't either....Anthony Spencer will do just fine.

Or an offensive lineman....Or a DT!

Maybe a LB!

Pretty much anything but a safety!

What is with the Safety fetish?
                        Maybe it's the dredlocks?

I'd personally like to see Denver pick up either Branch or Okoye

R.I.P. D.Nash, D.Will

Comment

Originally posted by superFREAK
                          Maybe it's the dredlocks?

I'd personally like to see Denver pick up either Branch or Okoye

That would be better than a freakin safety. If safety was such a huge need why didn't the Broncos even look at any in free agency?

Seriously....What is with the Safety fetish?

Btw, if Denver landed Branch or Okoye I'll be doing back flips....

Comment

Even if Denver skips out on round one to fill the defensive front, at almost any spot on Day One, there will be an upgrade over the players we have here. You also have to understand that if they even plan to do an overhaul, you cannot do it in one year. It's not possible.

Comment

If the Broncos pick a Wide Receiver at #21, I will cry! I will collect those tears in a plastic ziplock bag, and 2nd-day airmail them to Broncos headquarters.

Any receiver they pick will be no better than 5th on the depth chart.

Comment

Working...
                              X