Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams to sign Ricky Williams

Coach Linehan

ST. LOUIS (April 19, 2007) -- Ricky Williams, who has applied for reinstatement in the NFL after a one-year suspension for substance abuse, could find a home with the St. Louis Rams.

Coach Scott Linehan, the offensive coordinator when Williams played for the Miami Dolphins in 2005, said he would consider adding Williams to the roster as a backup. The Rams need depth behind Steven Jackson.
    Im pretty sure that nobody has posted this yet, I may be wrong, but what do think about it?

I think that it's a good fit. Jackson is a double threat and Williams can be the pounder when Jackson runs low on gas.
    "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Seems like a good move for the right price, especially considering the new conduct policy

Comment

would they have to give up compensation. williams at a discount rate you cant beat. but if he is looking for mad cash or miami wants to much forget it. i would say yes and no
      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
      While he sits by his hearth at home.
      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

That offense is packed....

QB: Bulger (pro-bowl)
        RB: Jackson (pro-bowl) and Ricky Williams
        TE: McMichael, Klopfenstein & Byrd
        WR: Holt (pro-bowl), Bruce and Bennett

If only they had a defense...
        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

They couldn't sign him becuase the dolphins own his rights. He would have to be traded.
          sigpic

Comment

How does this translate into the headline you put on this post ?

"I would have to look into it a little bit more," he said. "But based on how he played and the kind of person he was to be around, I would certainly consider it"

And why would the Dolphins give up Ricky (who's going to play for the league minimum) for a 2nd day pick ? No one would give up a first day pick for a player who's one test from being booted from the league.

Can I have the 5 minutes back I wasted on this post ?
            Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

No you may not have your five minutes back... lol jk

Comment

I meant to add a question mark at the end of the statement(Rams to sign Williams), but honestly I do not care what you think, if you don't like it, leave, don't try to insult me for trying to inform you about something I thought was interesting. I definitely do not appreciate it.

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWould#7Do
                  I meant to add a question mark at the end of the statement, but honestly I do not care what you think, if you don't like it, leave, don't try to insult me for trying to inform you about something I thought was interesting. I definitely do not appreciate it.
                  I know what your were implying but its wrong. As I said before he must be traded to get on the rams.
                  sigpic

Comment

All im trying to do is make a good discussion on something that isn't the draft, and this is interesting.... Whether they sign him or trade for him, they would still acquire him, so is your post really necessary

Comment

I meant to add a question mark at the end of the statement, but honestly I do not care what you think, if you don't like it, leave, don't try to insult me for trying to inform you about something I thought was interesting. I definitely do not appreciate it.
                      Misinformation and false rumors can/or should give you a time out on many different boards. Get your facts straight and don't spam, that way you won't experience these "insults".
                      Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

All im trying to do is make a good discussion on something that isn't the draft, and this is interesting.... Whether they sign him or trade for him, they would still acquire him, so is your post really necessary
                        i for one appreciate it man...blow em off man dont let them get ya.

Comment

Originally posted by lord_helmet
                          Misinformation and false rumors can/or should give you a time out on many different boards. Get your facts straight and don't spam, that way you won't experience these "insults".
                          lol are you gonna give him a time out send him to the corner maybe take away his snack lol

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
                            lol are you gonna give him a time out send him to the corner maybe take away his snack lol
                            I'll send him to bed without dinner
                            Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

Im sorry but after reading the article, which quotes the coach of the team, I do not believe that i am spreading false information. And if all of you are really going to try to shut this topic down due to the wording, then I have to say that I fell sorry for you. If you cannot discuss this in the manner that it should be discussed, I would very much like it if you would just leave and let people post their thoughts.

I cant believe that I have to explain such a simple concept to people who have the intelligence to like teh Broncos, what a sad day in my book

Comment

Working...
                              X