Now that LB is a need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that LB is a need

any chance of us trading up to get Patrick Willis or will we hope that Pouslusney will fall to us? Or do we worry about that later in the draft

Originally posted by lo4f3r
    any chance of us trading up to get Patrick Willis or will we hope that Pouslusney will fall to us? Or do we worry about that later in the draft
    Why not Shaw later?

Comment

I also like Shaw, but for us to get him late second round is unlikely. Then again maybe LB is on Shannahan's day two agenda. One absolute steal would be Steve Smith in round 2

Comment

I don't think we adress LB in day one. DJ will be the new MLB, so we'll see how that works out.
        sigpic

Comment

I would love to trade up for willis - he's a beast. I doubt it will happen though, and Id rather address LB in 2nd or 3rd....

Comment

i love pauslinski he plays extremely hard and hes an amazing LB

but then again i also want sidney rice, and Michael Bush..

Comment

LB isn't a need... We got Cameron Vaughn.

Comment

... who?

what are you talking about?!

Comment

Originally posted by billymischke_33
                  ... who?

what are you talking about?!
                  Practice squad guy. He was a standout in college at LSU.

Comment

did I miss something

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan
                    I don't think we adress LB in day one. DJ will be the new MLB, so we'll see how that works out.
                    I have been on the road quite a bit since Al got cut... however, I have been paying fairly close attention to news reports and articles, and I have yet to see any evidence that supports the theory of DJ being moved to middle linebacker. I have seen plenty of people on here say it and seen a few articles that speculated that is a possiblity, but I have yet to see anything credible in this reguard. If I have missed something please let me know.
                    09-17-08: OFFICIALLY BACKING JARVIS MOSS TO TURN INTO ONE HELL OF A DEFENSIVE END WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.-we are all allowed one mistake, right?

Loved McD 's first full FA. Can't wait to see the draft.

2010 Draft WISHlist:

Any center since we don't have one.

Comment

Originally posted by muffcon350
                      I have been on the road quite a bit since Al got cut... however, I have been paying fairly close attention to news reports and articles, and I have yet to see any evidence that supports the theory of DJ being moved to middle linebacker. I have seen plenty of people on here say it and seen a few articles that speculated that is a possiblity, but I have yet to see anything credible in this reguard. If I have missed something please let me know.
                      nope...

you havent missed much...

its how this forum works...

and im on the DJ to MIKE bandwagon!!!

sigpic

Comment

I dont think either option will happen. if we trade up(which i really dont think will happen) it wont be for willis(as good as he is, i believe we'd be targeting branch)

Penn st.'s LB is a nice pick but i think he's more suited for the weakside. if we pick a LB with the 21st pick i think it will be timmons out of Fl St. He's a natural strongside LB with a huge ceiling potential wise.

All that said, I really doubt we will take a LB in the 1st round. We will probably not address it until the 3rd or even 5th(no fourth)

there are too many more pressing needs for us such as DT, DE, a S/LT of the future

Comment

Originally posted by muffcon350
                          Don't know if you consider Legwold a credible source, personally I do. Any way here's the blurp from april 14th

"Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos LB D.J. Williams is expected to replace LB Al Wilson at middle linebacker. Wilson will be officially released by the team in the coming days."
                          Eric Weddle S Utah

Comment

Working...
                          X