X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wigglesworth
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel
    I'd have to agree that both Anderson (supposedly Denver's top choice), Carriker (and Okoye as well) will all be long gone. So will other guys Shanahan would like, Joe Thomas and Joe Staley.

#21 just isn't high enough to get a real impact player in the first round. Ideally, Denver would trade back to the second round rather than take a safety or LB at #21. There is more value at WR or CB, but those are not needs. Maybe a later round WR prospect, but not first round unless he's really sold on Ted Ginn. But, Ginn will likely be gone before #21.

All I'm doing at this point is crossing my fingers he doesn't trade up to get Ginn. That would be a nightmare.

If he moved up a couple of places and took Joe Staley I could live with it, but not Ted Ginn!
    I have a feeling that trading back is going to be hard. Not alot of teams are going to want to jump into the 1st round at #21. They'll face the same problems that we will. If Posluszny is available at #21 and we don't want him maybe (big maybe) the Bears would be willing to swap 1st rounders and give us another 4th or 5th. That would give #31 where value will be better for us than #21.

I just don't see many teams wanting to move up. I do think that alot of teams outside of the first 10 picks will be trying to trade down though. This means that Shanny could have an ace up his sleeve and be planning to move up again. However I'm not sure that value will be any better at say #15 than at #21.

Moral of the story is, Shanny may be forced to make due with #21 and get the most value he can. After cutting Wilson I can see DJ moving inside and drafting Posluszny to fill in at Will until Ian is gone and then moving him to Sam. Obviously I'm just a fan not a draft guru. I just hope that if they are forced to pick at #21 they get a DE, S, or LB that's not going to be a "project." We can get O players in later rounds. Just my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• R8R H8R
    replied
    Trade our #21, 56, & 86 (1300 points) to Houston for their #10.

At #10 take - J. Anderson, Willis, or Landry in that order.

At #70 - trade back to #88 (Saints). Get 2 of their 3 4th rounders.

At #88 (from Saints) - Take best avail. DT, safety, LB, or DE depending on who we got @ #10.

At #123 (from Saints) - Take best of DL, safety, or WR, depending on first 2 picks.

AT #126 (from Saints) - Look for depth at OL, WR, and maybe RB.

At # 176,198, & 233 - Same as above.

Last edited by R8R H8R; 04-22-2007, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by Wigglesworth
    1. Posluszny: If he's still there we should take him and get a DE in the 2nd. Simply put, I think Spencer is a reach and Posluszny will be anything but a reach at 21. LB is a need now. It's not as important as DE, but it's a need none the less.

1b. If the bears really land Posluszny, they will have the best linebacking corps in the league! Just an observation, not a draft strategy.

2. I don't see Shanny grabbing a DE at 21 if it's not the guy he wants. My guess is if Carriker is gone he'll grab another position (hopefully linebacker or safety). I'm no expert but I think Spencer is a reach in the first. And I don't think that Shanny will reach in the 1st round to draft for a need.

3. I hope Ginn is really gone before 21 (odds are he will be) so we don't have to read all of the second guessing on Shanny's decision if he's available.
    I'd have to agree that both Anderson (supposedly Denver's top choice), Carriker (and Okoye as well) will all be long gone. So will other guys Shanahan would like, Joe Thomas and Joe Staley.

#21 just isn't high enough to get a real impact player in the first round. Ideally, Denver would trade back to the second round rather than take a safety or LB at #21. There is more value at WR or CB, but those are not needs. Maybe a later round WR prospect, but not first round unless he's really sold on Ted Ginn. But, Ginn will likely be gone before #21.

All I'm doing at this point is crossing my fingers he doesn't trade up to get Ginn. That would be a nightmare.

If he moved up a couple of places and took Joe Staley I could live with it, but not Ted Ginn!

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by billymischke_33
    and bush will also be, henry is old, hes done, i think heel give us a 1300 yard season and then hes done, but bush is an amazing RB maybe in the 4th round, weel see

Bush broke his leg so bad it required a second surgery to fix what the first couldn't, and it's still harboring.

Bush will also be a bust in the NFL. His strength will be nuetralized in the NFL by stronger, quicker, and faster athletes and some people are saying he broke his leg so bad he will never be the same player again.

Leave a comment:

• BSmitty7
    replied
    stupid..

i think we should take
    1: Paul Pauslinski, LB Penn State
    2: Sidney Rice, WR SC
    3: Michael Bush, RB Louisville

nething after that, i really dont care.. weel take some defensive players or something

but thats who i think we should take
    thats worst then Football Guys draft... we don't need a WR nor do we need a RB. The first 3 picks must be spent on DL, S, OLB... then the next two should be spent on OL

Leave a comment:

• Spyder
    replied
    Marcus Thomas rocks.

Leave a comment:

• billymischke_33
    replied
    Originally posted by DTownNative
    First of all - it's "Posluszny," and second, the broncos are not going to use their second and third for a WR and a RB...and to say that you don't care about anything after that, and taking "defensive players or something" clearly shows how much you follow football and the broncos...no offense but I think yours is "stupid..."
    yeah so i didn't look it up who cares.. and i don't think we will eather, but i think those are the best players available at that time, i really love both bush and rice.. but i don't think we will take them eather, we need a LB, S, and DE.

Leave a comment:

• billymischke_33
    replied
    Originally posted by anton...
    been stuck in a cave lately??

do you not realize that we dont need a WR or a RB??

we need D line help and safety help...

rice is a steal, and bush will also be, henry is old, hes done, i think heel give us a 1300 yard season and then hes done, but bush is an amazing RB maybe in the 4th round, weel see

Leave a comment:

• DTownNative
    replied
    stupid..

i think we should take

nething after that, i really dont care.. weel take some defensive players or something

First of all - it's "Posluszny," and second, the broncos are not going to use their second and third for a WR and a RB...and to say that you don't care about anything after that, and taking "defensive players or something" clearly shows how much you follow football and the broncos...no offense but I think yours is "stupid..."

Leave a comment:

• Momentum
    replied
    stupid..

i think we should take

I'd need new pants if that draft happened

Leave a comment:

• evendelae
    replied
    That would be good.

Leave a comment:

• Wigglesworth
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosInsider
    http://www.thefootballexpert.com/buresmockdraft.html

Broncos taking:
    Anthony Spencer
    Marcus Thomas
    John Wendling
    James Martin
    Geoff Pope
    Madison Miller
    Ramonce Taylor

Thoughts
    1. Posluszny: If he's still there we should take him and get a DE in the 2nd. Simply put, I think Spencer is a reach and Posluszny will be anything but a reach at 21. LB is a need now. It's not as important as DE, but it's a need none the less.

1b. If the bears really land Posluszny, they will have the best linebacking corps in the league! Just an observation, not a draft strategy.

2. I don't see Shanny grabbing a DE at 21 if it's not the guy he wants. My guess is if Carriker is gone he'll grab another position (hopefully linebacker or safety). I'm no expert but I think Spencer is a reach in the first. And I don't think that Shanny will reach in the 1st round to draft for a need.

3. I hope Ginn is really gone before 21 (odds are he will be) so we don't have to read all of the second guessing on Shanny's decision if he's available.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosInsider
    replied
    Originally posted by foolio2000
    Well it is alright, that it is a reach for Spencer and probably Thomas. But I would like both of them. Except, for Ramonce Taylor (trash).

And um... anybody got anything on Madison Milner. I could not find anything on him.
    It's Madison Miller, DE/OLB, Indiana State.... he made a typo

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosInsider
    http://www.thefootballexpert.com/buresmockdraft.html

Broncos taking:
    Anthony Spencer
    Marcus Thomas
    John Wendling
    James Martin
    Geoff Pope
    Madison Miller
    Ramonce Taylor

Thoughts
    Thomas is a 3rd rounder. We better not take him in the second. I don't think we would take Spencer over Moss either if we are looking to find an impact player. Considering the pass rush is our biggest concern, we would be better off going for the guy that has the best chance of becoming a sack artist.

Leave a comment:

• anton...
    replied
    stupid..

i think we should take

been stuck in a cave lately??

do you not realize that we dont need a WR or a RB??

we need D line help and safety help...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X