Mike Walker WR, UCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Walker WR, UCF

The Broncos are reportedly looking at a WR (Ted Ginn JR) in the first round according to the rumor on Orange Mane.

If they cant get him, dont be surprised if they look at Mike Walker, WR, UCF in the 3rd round, they have an early and a late 3rd rounder.

Walker had a 4.35 40 yard dash at the combine which matched Calvin Johnson's output, and we've had a few UCF fans come on these boards praising his game. He could turn out to be a legitimate deep threat for us the way Ahsley Lelie was.

Walker probably has the Broncos interest, and they obviously watch UCF film because they found Marshall last year who looks like he could be a diamond in the rough (if he can keep his off the field act together).

is there like a video??

or stats or something??

ive never heard of this dude...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anton...
      is there like a video??

or stats or something??

ive never heard of this dude...

read this and it will pretty much sum it up.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ht=mike+walker
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
        The Broncos are reportedly looking at a WR (Ted Ginn JR) in the first round according to the rumor on Orange Mane.

If they cant get him, dont be surprised if they look at Mike Walker, WR, UCF in the 3rd round, they have an early and a late 3rd rounder.

Walker had a 4.35 40 yard dash at the combine which matched Calvin Johnson's output, and we've had a few UCF fans come on these boards praising his game. He could turn out to be a legitimate deep threat for us the way Ahsley Lelie was.

Walker probably has the Broncos interest, and they obviously watch UCF film because they found Marshall last year who looks like he could be a diamond in the rough (if he can keep his off the field act together).

I've heard he as character issues. he also injured his knee a couple years ago. his stock was a lot lower but like you said he ran in the 4.3s so his stock has risen. I wouldnt mind us gettin him, but know that he does have some baggage.

He's got good size/speed combo, but he doesnt play like he runs a 4.35. his route running need work, but theres def potential. could become a great slot WR ala chris henry (i mean on the field) but he will take time

Comment

seems awesome!!!

i would love to have him here if he is what i have read!!!

j walker, marshall and m walker could be here for a few years to come...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by italynstallion
            I've heard he as character issues. he also injured his knee a couple years ago. his stock was a lot lower but like you said he ran in the 4.3s so his stock has risen. I wouldnt mind us gettin him, but know that he does have some baggage.

He's got good size/speed combo, but he doesnt play like he runs a 4.35. his route running need work, but theres def potential. could become a great slot WR ala chris henry (i mean on the field) but he will take time
            He actually runs great routes. That and his hands are his two strengths...

You are right about his speed this year though. He didnt play at 4.35 speed this year. But that was because he was recovering from a torn ACL. His junior year... he played at a 4.35 speed... and now that he is finally healthy and fully recovered... he is back to running at that speed.

Here is a GREAT article on Mike Walker...
            http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...bigconweb.html

Receiver Mike Walker could be next Colston

This year's draft class of wide receivers is turning out to be one the strongest and fastest class in recent years. With so much depth at the position, NFL scouts should have no problem finding this year's Marques Colston, who came out of nowhere to have an impact season for the New Orleans Saints.

If I could steer scouts in the direction of a little-known prospect worthy of keeping a close eye on, it would be in the direction of Central Florida WR Mike Walker.

Since showing off his bank-robber speed at the combine when he ran a 4.35 seconds in the 40-yard dash, Walker has received a lot of attention from teams and is creeping up some draft boards like a thief in the night.

(On his Pro Day) Walker ran exceptional routes and caught everything in sight during receiving drills. If the flu bug were floating around that day, he would have caught it. He was very sure-handed.
            Oh, and according to this article... the Chargers are REALLY interested in him.

Comment

Originally posted by FinNasty

Well, I'm hoping that Denver drafts him before the Chargers can grab him. Do you know what round he's projected to go?

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar
                Well, I'm hoping that Denver drafts him before the Chargers can grab him. Do you know what round he's projected to go?
                Middle third... Maybe to the 4th. Ironically, several scouting sites (Scouts Inc is one i know of for sure) don't even have him in the ENTIRE draft!

But scouts really like this guy as a late first day pick.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by italynstallion

My thinking is that because we dont have a 4th or 5th round pick this year, the Broncos will lock him up in the third if they dont get Ginn or another reciever in the first or second.

Im not sure how much his baggage or character concerns will matter to the Broncos, but alot of players have those these days such as Amobi Okoye, Calvin Johnson and Gaines Adams all admitting to marijuana use. Many others have more serious problems like DUIs and violence.

Comment

Originally posted by FinNasty
                    He actually runs great routes. That and his hands are his two strengths...

You are right about his speed this year though. He didnt play at 4.35 speed this year. But that was because he was recovering from a torn ACL. His junior year... he played at a 4.35 speed... and now that he is finally healthy and fully recovered... he is back to running at that speed.

Here is a GREAT article on Mike Walker...
                    http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...bigconweb.html

i believe we are interested in him (chargers) but i also believe this guy isn't flying under anyone's radar at all.
                    sigpic

Comment

I would love to have him but he could be a stretch in the late 3rd round. Maybe if we trade up into the 4th or 5th rounds then I could see us taking him. I'm looking at us grabbing Figurs out of K-State.

Comment

we will be our pick with our second third rounder...mark my words!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I dont know about this, I think the guy might be a steal but I really see us taking the colorado kicker with that last pick in the 3rd round. Like some of the people in this thread have said, I was thinking figures is someone we will have interest in and i dont see him down to the 6th round. so either we trade down and pick up a 4th rounder for that wash pick or we take figures with the high 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by dbsoldier
                            I dont know about this, I think the guy might be a steal but I really see us taking the colorado kicker with that last pick in the 3rd round. Like some of the people in this thread have said, I was thinking figures is someone we will have interest in and i dont see him down to the 6th round. so either we trade down and pick up a 4th rounder for that wash pick or we take figures with the high 3rd.
                            I doubt we take Crosby there. I doubt we take a kicker at all. We have Elam who just came off one of his best years, and we might be keeping two punters. So why would we take a kicker who will just sit on the bench the entire year?

Comment

[QUOTE=CinnaMunMun] we might be keeping two punters. [QUOTE]

In your dreams

Comment

Working...
                              X