Offensive Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive Line

Is anyone still completely happy with our Offensive Line at the moment?

I still don't think were safe in that area. I think we will draft atleast 1 O-Lineman but I am still not sure that we will still be safe.

Code:
    Lepsis  Hamilton   Nalen   Kuper/Myers   Meadows/ Pears

Lepsis is the only lineman that I actually trust.

Kuper/Myers/Pears are young and inexperienced and still not proven.

Hamilton is useless from what I have seen.

Nalen could be abit unpredictable this year and I don't mean it in a good way.

I was just wondering if anyone else was slightly worried about this part of our team.

I really have not given it much thought

Does everyone realize that Our D only gave up 305 points last year, that tied for 8th best OA. Out of those 305 pts, did you know that the opposing offense scored 94 of them without having to move the ball more than 25 yards (80% of the time less than 15 yards).

Add a couple elite Oline prospects and Rogers/Jenkins and we are set IMO. Best cure for our D will be giving them longer breaks from the field and better field position to stop teams from scoring.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007
      I really have not given it much thought

Does everyone realize that Our D only gave up 305 points last year, that tied for 8th best OA. Out of those 305 pts, did you know that the opposing offense scored 94 of them without having to move the ball more than 25 yards (80% of the time less than 15 yards).

Add a couple elite Oline prospects and Rogers/Jenkins and we are set IMO. Best cure for our D will be giving them longer breaks from the field and better field position to stop teams from scoring.
      Ehhhhh.

Your talking about the defensive line.

I was talking about the offensive line, you know, the one that protects our super skilled QB.

Comment

Ive never really worried about our oline, for as long as I can remember we have been set at oline. So I guess it's just not in me to think that we need to improve it. But then again, I do agree that this line has the most people that I havent heard of out of all the positions on the team.

For example, I dont Know Kuper, I dont know Spears (just that he did well at lt last year) Montrae Holland, or Meadows. So maybe it wouldnt hurt getting some people here for support.
        "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

I haven't given it much thought. We're set at O-line. We could draft someone on day 2 for depth though.

We have a mix of veterans and newbies.

Eight years down the line, we'll be facing this issue again.

Comment

Well I want Mammy Ramirez (G) in the 3rd round but I still think we need another good O-Lineman in the RG/RT position.

Comment

We need depth at OL, just not in the first round. It is not our biggest need at this point in time. DL is, and has been for the last 3-4 years IMO.

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

i'm fine with our left side, but our right side is where i get puzzled, he lost cooper to the raiders, and traded away foster, so right now i don't know about RG or RT. i think our left side as long as they stay healthy should be fine throw in nalen in the middle and pick up 1 or 2 more guys to compete and we should be fine

props to snk16 on the sig thx brother

Comment

we're going nowhere like last year if we don't address the O-Line.

All this talk about how frgaile and terrible our D-Line is really is severely overstated. As was outlined in a post above, the biggest problem the Broncos have had is that they cannot move the ball consistently or for long distances.
                  Combined with an anemic return, we burnt our our D.

The problem is on OFFENSE not on DEFENSE!

We were 14th overall in total Defense last year.
                  We were 21st overall in total Offense last year.

You tell me what side of the ball needs the most help...

Comment

I believe we need help at oline immediately.

I feel if it is ignored, teams will continue to get penetration into our backfield immediately like last year and our running game will be non existent.

Travis Henry can be a great back in our system, but we need a better oline than what we have now, IMHO.

Comment

While Pears and Kuper haven't seen much action and are not totally proven yet, I believe they will be anchoring our O-line for quite a while. Pears impressed me a lot last year handling the hardest O-line position for pretty much an entire season and I don't think he'll regress especially with him moving back to RT that he played in college, he'll be an upgrade over Foster.

Nalen may be sketchy but I think he'll do fine this year because I don't know how many more years he'll play. If he gets sketchy and inconsistant I think Eslinger Myers or Hamilton can do a more than adequate job for this season until Eslinger gets his chance.

Hamilton is a great run blocking guard, he uses great leverage and can get to the second level quickly (which is what our O-linemen need to be able to due) but gets over powered in the passing game which I think hurts a lot more than people realize. I think Holland can fill in admirably and do a good job is the coaching staff so says but I think the right side of the line which was our 'let the defense in whenever they want' side and even with youngsters I think we'll have a better right side.

I see a fairly solid line as long as Nalen keeps playing well and Hamilton doesn't give too much ground.

Comment

Our interior will always be fine...it's set for the next 5 years, at the least, IMO.

We need a young tackle, but that's about it.

Hamilton? Useless? What team have you been watching?

Comment

The loss of Lepsis really hurt this line, which wasn't great to begin with.

Foster took the heat, but it was the guards that were weak.

Pears impressed me quite a bit.

Don't know much about Kuper, but I do think Hamilton sucks.

The Denver Broncos offensive line is not "set", imo.

It's time to move away from journeyman, over-grown FB's and TE's. A fat-load of good they're gonna be if a 300lb NT can knock Cutler out of the game, like Anthony Adams did in the 49er game.

Denver needs to protect Cutler...Even if it means the "system" suffers!

Comment

If Staley is there at 21 we have to take him.

It comes down to value and at 21, he would be great value. Lepsis may not even last the season after his knee surgery and franchise LT's are damn hard to come by. Staley makes sense, IF the D line players we are targeting aren't there.
                            The All Blacks, the greatest team on the planet!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1_puuceg0

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Apples
                              we're going nowhere like last year if we don't address the O-Line.

All this talk about how frgaile and terrible our D-Line is really is severely overstated. As was outlined in a post above, the biggest problem the Broncos have had is that they cannot move the ball consistently or for long distances.
                              Combined with an anemic return, we burnt our our D.

The problem is on OFFENSE not on DEFENSE!

We were 14th overall in total Defense last year.
                              We were 21st overall in total Offense last year.

You tell me what side of the ball needs the most help...

first 5 games we only surrendered like 1 TD last year. after that, defense fell apart, about the same time as Ferguson and brandon got injured

Comment

Working...
                              X