All the pass rush we could ever need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the pass rush we could ever need

I've read in a lot of mocks, and maybe we'll be able to take Jamaal Anderson or Adam Carriker in the first round.

What if we take Quentin Moses or in the second round?

Do you imagine? Have Carriker on one side and Moses in the other, that would be scary, wouldnt it? (if you're a QB)

Originally posted by Tour
    I've read in a lot of mocks, and maybe we'll be able to take Jamaal Anderson or Adam Carriker in the first round.

Do you imagine? Have Carriker on one side and Moses in the other, that would be scary, wouldnt it? (if you're a QB)
    I'd be more afraid of Dumervil/Ekuban on one side and Carriker on the other. Moses I don't think will become a QB nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Tour

I already know EE and Elvis can rush the passer, Carriker and Moses could be complete bust picks. Thats the thing with the draft, it is a complete crapshoot.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007
        I already know EE and Elvis can rush the passer, Carriker and Moses could be complete bust picks. Thats the thing with the draft, it is a complete crapshoot.
        You win some, you lose some. That's the game.
        sigpic

Comment

Ekuban IMO was the BEST player on the D-line this past season, and Dumervil is going to be the next Dwight Freeney (but only if he can shape up against the run).

Comment

I just hope that whoever we draft works out. I am ready for more booms than busts this year. IDK who we take if they actually "live up to expectations".

Here is to hoping that we get some quality players.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
              Ekuban IMO was the BEST player on the D-line this past season, and Dumervil is going to be the next Dwight Freeney (but only if he can shape up against the run).

I think both will have career years under Bates, maybe thats why I do not really think DE is a major need area. Shanny always seems to bring in FA at a position that seems weak in the draft. Us trying to sign Kearny hints that Shanny is not to infactuated with this years DE class. It could be said that RB and TE are also weak this year, showing why we spent on Graham and Henry.

Happened last year too when he went after Abraham then didn't take a DE until round 4. I could be wrong, but I think the talent this year is OT, S, G, WR, and CB. With CB being the one position we do not need.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I actually could live with Woodley. Its amazing how quickly people forget actual gameplay from the season. Woodley was dinged up a little and had a bad senior bowl but he was very good during the season. I also kind of like Spencer. Im not as big on Moses. Id rather have Moss than Moses. Im also not so sure we dont need a DT more especially since there are more DE prospects than other positions.

Comment

How about we skip on a DE in the first round and have a chance to get either Moses or Charles Johnson in the 2nd.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think we should take safety in the first. Likely Merriweather or Griffin. Then look to one of the remaining DE in the second. Moses, Johnson or Woodley are good picks. I still wish we could trade down with the Bears(I don't know what they're looking for). Then we could pick at 31 and still get the safety there and swap 2nd round picks with them and pick at 37 and pick up Spencer. I really like Spencer. I like the hybrid guys. They seem to have been working out well in the league lately.

If not maybe we could trade down with Tampa(3rd pick in round 2) and pick up some quality mid round picks. We could still take Spencer or Merriweather with this pick.

Comment

Originally posted by ballen
                      I think we should take safety in the first. Likely Merriweather or Griffin. Then look to one of the remaining DE in the second. Moses, Johnson or Woodley are good picks. I still wish we could trade down with the Bears(I don't know what they're looking for). Then we could pick at 31 and still get the safety there and swap 2nd round picks with them and pick at 37 and pick up Spencer. I really like Spencer. I like the hybrid guys. They seem to have been working out well in the league lately.

If not maybe we could trade down with Tampa(3rd pick in round 2) and pick up some quality mid round picks. We could still take Spencer or Merriweather with this pick.

with the talent that we have at CB.. we get a pass rush and i feel that we could average 1 int a game... With bly and bailey, we just need to get the qb uncomfortable and i feel these two guys could have massive seasons. Especially if we can do it with our front four and not have to go mad dog every-time to get a push...

I say we go HARD on d line and get someone with a presence to take some of the heat off of ekuban and dumervile.... THis is the only way we are going to get over the hump and beat a team like the Colts... QBs like Manning and Brady will burn you with their 3 and 4 look offs when you give them 5 min to survey the field... No matter who you have in the secondary... We need a pass rush with our front four and we need it bad...

Comment

Originally posted by aaronheeb
                        with the talent that we have at CB.. we get a pass rush and i feel that we could average 1 int a game... With bly and bailey, we just need to get the qb uncomfortable and i feel these two guys could have massive seasons. Especially if we can do it with our front four and not have to go mad dog every-time to get a push...

I say we go HARD on d line and get someone with a presence to take some of the heat off of ekuban and dumervile.... THis is the only way we are going to get over the hump and beat a team like the Colts... QBs like Manning and Brady will burn you with their 3 and 4 look offs when you give them 5 min to survey the field... No matter who you have in the secondary... We need a pass rush with our front four and we need it bad...
                        If you upgrade at safety though, you have more flexibility to blitz. And you can create turnovers that way.

Comment

I personally think we should take either Mayweather or Delahoya.
                          "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

As long as we go defense in the 1st Ill be happy, I dont think that we need a 1st roung olineman or a wr, but Ill be happy with a DT, DE, S, or LB. Its all good, just NO CB, RB, QB,WR, or TE. (Or kicker...Oakland)
                            "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

We are going after an OT. I can just feel it in my bones.
                              Wow, manning has us soaring to new heights.

Comment

Working...
                              X