Denver Broncos Day One Selections for 2007 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Broncos Day One Selections for 2007 Draft

This is who I think we need to get if they are still available in the upcoming draft.

Round 1 (21st overall): Adam Carriker; DE for Nebraska (Build: 6'6, 295 lbs.)
    Round 2 (56th overall): Brian Leonard; FB/RB for Rutgers (Build: 6'2, 235 lbs.)
    Round 3 (70th overall): Sabby Piscitelli; SS for Oregon St. (Build: 6'3, 225 lbs.)
    Round 3 (86th overall): Tim Shaw; OLB for Penn St. (Build: 6'2, 235 lbs.)

Each of these players have unique traits that seperate them from everyone else. Each can definitely be a starter their rookie year and all of them should add much needed depth to their respected positions. I would like to point out that Piscitelli is absolutely outstanding in coverage, but lacks the ability to be a solid tackler. I believe a little mentoring from John Lynch and some extra time in the weight room should fix that. As for the rest of them they also have small imperfections that can be coached and could become strengths. If you hadn't noticed I didn't list a DT in our my Day 1 selections, this is because their are some quite large, quality tackles that will be available in the later rounds such as Louis Leonard out of Fresno State. He stands at 6'5 and weighs a solid 322 lbs., which means he meets the criteria for our defensive scheme and will add some much needed bulk in the middle. These are the rookies I think we need, what do you guys think?
    Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

Ive heard that leonard wont drop that far, but other than that, I like it. So maybe switch leonard for Harrell if that seems more reasonable.
    "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

Piscitelli is a SS... Lynch is a FS... Ferguson is a SS, coming off an injury but still a good SS with LOTS of years left in him.

We need a FS, not a SS.

And we also need DL.

Comment

But Lynch was originally a SS in the first place and he is a Probowler so I'm pretty sure that he definitely isn't a guy that needs replaced. I'm also not saying that Piscitelli will just come in and take Fergusons spot. I'm saying that after year or two of Lynch's mentoring and some weight training, he can come in and produce way better numbers than Ferguson. He could step in his rookie year, but I'm afraid he wouldn't be fully ready. So like I said keep Ferguson around another year and then when he's ready he can become a starter. As for Lynch he may be getting old, but he is one of our best players. The only problem with his covering ability is when he has no help from the CB and then those really fast WR get past him. Other than that he's great over the middle and can make alot of WR's drop the ball. So don't ever say he needs to be replaced, he hasn't been to the Probowl 8 times cause he sucks.
        Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

Comment

Player to Draft

All the mock drafts keep saying the Broncos need a defensive lineman or linebacker to replace Al Wilson. Why hasn’t anyone addressed our needs at the wide receiver position? Let’s face the facts Rod Smith has definitely lost a step and recently underwent hip surgery. If available the Broncos should take Ted Ginn Jr. to give us a “FAST” physical alternative when Smith calls it quits.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeJr7
            All the mock drafts keep saying the Broncos need a defensive lineman or linebacker to replace Al Wilson. Why hasn’t anyone addressed our needs at the wide receiver position? Let’s face the facts Rod Smith has definitely lost a step and recently underwent hip surgery. If available the Broncos should take Ted Ginn Jr. to give us a “FAST” physical alternative when Smith calls it quits.
            We are going to have one of the best recieving corps next year and you want to waste a pick on Ted Ginn Jr.? Are you kidding me? We will still have Walker, Stokley, Kircus, and Marshall when Smith retires so we really don't need anyone else. Plus we still haven't seen Hixon show off his skills yet so as I said before, WE DON'T NEED ANY WR's!!!

Comment

Leonard, Shaw, NO.....

What do we need Leonard for. No way Shaw could play the strong side in the NFL.

Am I the only one that notices a trend in this mock draft, it seems as if you went out of your way to make this draft that way as well.....
              A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeJr7

Here's my answer to all the "WE NEED A WR" people. We have holes NOW. DL,S (because of a lack of coverage, not because Lynch might retire after this year), and LB. With Walker,Marshall,Stokley, and the possibility of the emergence of Hixon we have decent depth at the position. The only thing lost with Rod Smith retiring is amazing leadership and an unrivaled work ethic. Those things can be filled at any position and still affect the locker room. I don't see a problem gettin a wideout on the 2nd day, but day 1 is for immediate impact players.
                Holdin' down the Blue and Orange fort here in Missouri....

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
                  Leonard, Shaw, NO.....

What do we need Leonard for. No way Shaw could play the strong side in the NFL.

Am I the only one that notices a trend in this mock draft, it seems as if you went out of your way to make this draft that way as well.....
                  Yeah that "trend" was pure coincidence. I'm not like that. Plus I listed Leonard Louis if you had read the bottom part, but yeah that was honestly just pure coincidence.

Comment

Carriker wont fall that far and niether will Leonard.... and yes that is all but garunteed.
                    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
                      Piscitelli is a SS... Lynch is a FS... Ferguson is a SS, coming off an injury but still a good SS with LOTS of years left in him.

We need a FS, not a SS.

And we also need DL.
                      But Nick is going to be 33 this year. He's a great player but I can't see him having more than 2 seasons left to be honest.
                      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz

We need a FS, not a SS.

And we also need DL.
                        Why do we need a FS?

Comment

I do not like that one bit.

Carriker is not a good fit for a system that requires the DT to play 1.5 gaps to allow the Ends to come off the edge. He is slow and lacks pass rush moves. If we played the Coyer 1 gap system he would be perfect.

We already have Sapp who is an RB/FB cross over, why do we need another? we need a big old lead blocker is what we need.

I agree that John Lynch should be moved back to SS so he can play closer to the box. That would leave us with a hole at FS that we need to address, Piscetelli could fill that, but I am not a huge fan, I think Wendling would be a better pick.

Shaw is just not good value in the 3rd, especialy if a guy like Soliai or Thomas could be had instead.

Comment

we don't need a FS at all.. we need a SS to plug in and have the best secondary in the league- Lynch, Bly, Bailey, name lucky safety who is fortunate enough to play with these guys

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove
                              I do not like that one bit.

Carriker is not a good fit for a system that requires the DT to play 1.5 gaps to allow the Ends to come off the edge. He is slow and lacks pass rush moves. If we played the Coyer 1 gap system he would be perfect.

We already have Sapp who is an RB/FB cross over, why do we need another? we need a big old lead blocker is what we need.

I agree that John Lynch should be moved back to SS so he can play closer to the box. That would leave us with a hole at FS that we need to address, Piscetelli could fill that, but I am not a huge fan, I think Wendling would be a better pick.

Shaw is just not good value in the 3rd, especialy if a guy like Soliai or Thomas could be had instead.
                              Yeah John Wendling was my alternative, the thing about him is he's not the greatest in coverage he's just a hard-hitting safety like Lynch.

As for Carriker I've watched him play and saw him at the combine and believe me he has great moves to get past a blocker and is very versatile so I believe he will work in the Bates system. Plus are defense is sticking to the 4-3 base and he played that his whole time at Nebraska so he should fit perfectly.

Leonard is way better than Sapp or Johnson and with his combination of size and strength he can become a great FB or maybe even a RB later on so that's why I say we should get him.

Shaw is just needed to add some depth, but yeah I agree that if there is a better player available we should get him.

Comment

Working...
                              X