justin harrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justin harrell

i am real impressed with this guy, i just have 2 questions.

1 - can he stay healthy

2 - will he be there at 56?

1. He can. It's a maybe.

2. No.
    sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
    Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

i think he would be a reach at 21. the more i look at the draft the more i would like to see us trade down to a high round 2 pick. that could net us an extra 3rd maybe?

players like charles johnson, harrell, merriweather, griffin, spencer from purdue would all probably be there at the top of round 2 but would be reaches at 21.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
        i think he would be a reach at 21. the more i look at the draft the more i would like to see us trade down to a high round 2 pick. that could net us an extra 3rd maybe?

players like charles johnson, harrell, merriweather, griffin, spencer from purdue would all probably be there at the top of round 2 but would be reaches at 21.
        I don't see Michael Griffin slipping by the Eagles and the Pats (who have two shots at him), at the latest. He won't be there in the second.

Merriweather, Spencer, and Harrell would all be good players at a high second/really low (31/32) first rounder.

Johnson's stock is falling I think and may be a early-mid second rounder.

It'd be a good idea, depending on how the first round of the draft goes. (who's available).
        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

i am real impressed with this guy, i just have 2 questions.

1 - can he stay healthy

2 - will he be there at 56?
          Scouts.Inc gives Harrell a grade of 91. That makes him a first round prospect. So even if he can stay healthy, he isn't likely to be available at #56. I think I have seen a mock draft or two that has the Broncos taking Harrell at #21. He would have to add about 15 to 20 lbs to get up to the the ideal size for Bates' system, but at 6'4" he has the frame to do that.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

harrell from what i see could be drafted at around picks 30-40. he wouldn't be worth our 21st pick, but if we were to trade back he could be considered, and i would much rather get eric weddle from utah at safety with the 56th pick

props to snk16 on the sig thx brother

Comment

Harrell was projected as a top 15 pick prior to his Sr. season. He tore a biceps muscle and apparently is healthy again. His talent is still top 15, and we desperately need someone to play along side Warren. Sounds like good value, and it would answer a definite need at pick 21

Comment

This is why Broncos should draft whatevr with #1 pick and trade both 3s to move up in second to grab Spencer... I like this guy a lot.

Comment

If Harrel makes it past KC at the # 23 pick in the first round, and Jarret or Ginn werent
                  the players selected, i will no longer be a KC fan... and yes thats sarcasmish.
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

he has the talent to go at 21 but i wouldnt draft him there if we wanted to get him i would suggest moving down a torn biceps is a pretty bad injury most teams will shy away from drafting him in the 1st because of that. However he will be gone at 56

Comment

That's a nice theory, but it will be VERY difficult for the Broncos to trade down and stockpile picks.

The same exact reason that Denver wants to trade down -- that there are few prospects who are value picks at that point in the draft --- is why other teams don't want to move up!

Why would a team want to give up a 3rd round pick to move up?

You can't just think about a trade from the point of view of the Broncos, you have to ask -- why would the other team make this trade? What's in it for them?

They can just sit still where they are and get a player who is of comparable value to the one they would get at #21. So, why give up a 3rd round pick, just to move up a few places?

Makes no sense unless they fell in love with a certain player and needed to jump in front of anther team to get him. That happened with the Broncos and D.J. Williams, but, it's rare that it does. And so far the Broncos move up the draft board for D.J. Williams has been a mistake. They would have been better off sitting still, not giving up a draft pick to move up, letting New Orleans have D.J. and then taking Vince Wilfork or some other player when their turn came (DT Marcus Tubbs, RB Steven Jackson, TE Ben Watson were all available too).

That ought to be a lesson to teams as well as fans! Most of the time teams that fall in love with a particular player and then trade up to get him regret it! The worst recent example was the Giants giving up 2 1st round picks and a second rounder, just to move up 4 places and get Eli Manning instead of just sitting still, keeping their draft picks (one of whom became Shawne Merriman) and then taking Phillip Rivers or Ben Roethlisberger.
                      Last edited by Cugel; 04-22-2007, 10:25 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am a huge justin harrell fan and a die hard vols fan, but i think that 21 is a little high with his injury, if he was 100% healed, he would be talked about in the top 10.

Comment

The word "reach" means nothing to Shanahan.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                            That's a nice theory, but it will be VERY difficult for the Broncos to trade down and stockpile picks.

The same exact reason that Denver wants to trade down -- that there are few prospects who are value picks at that point in the draft --- is why other teams don't want to move up!

Why would a team want to give up a 3rd round pick to move up?

You can't just think about a trade from the point of view of the Broncos, you have to ask -- why would the other team make this trade? What's in it for them?
                            I think there is value at #21 for teams looking for WR, CB, LB or TE if Olsen is still on the board.

We need DT, OT, S primarily and DE is a good one slips (do not see it happing with Jax and Pitt also needing DE).

The same could be said of moving ahead of the Giants if an OT slips. Tenn would most likely swich with us for next to nothing if they want a Wr. Giants will not be taking a WR. so Tenn would have nothing to lose by dropping two spots.

GB is another team that may trade down for cheap if they decide Lynch is not the way to go and also want WR.

Teams looking to move up may be:

TB for WR if they do not get CJ
                            Jets for Olsen
                            Chicago for Olsen
                            Detroit for Benson (ILB)
                            Houston for WR or Lynch if he slides.
                            NO for CB or Olsen
                            Seattle for Olsen
                            Arizona for LB (if they get Thomas)

Obviously our best value for trading down comes if Olsen or Lynch is still on the board, although I can not see NYG or Tenn passing on Lynch.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                            J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                            R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
                            X