Best Fish in Draft Pond is a Badger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutler2007
    I agree Detroit shouldn't deal until they know if CJ lands #2. However, the offer point wise was fair. It was about 1900 pts which on the chart is slightly above #4 pick. If CJ is gone, then #2-6 holds equal value IMO and I doubt they will be able to move the 2nd pick and get much value.
    It might be worth that in YOUR opinion, but you aren't an NFL GM! It's decidedly NOT worth it in THEIR opinion and they are the only ones who count!

Teams don't want to get "cheated" so they reject trades where they "lose points." Even the fans now are onto this and will rip management over trades where their team "gave up too much", etc.

Don't expect it to change anytime soon either. GMs are more and more wedded to this system.

Picks 2-6 DON'T hold equal value anyway, because at #2 you can take anybody you want (except Johnson or Russell), whereas at #6 Russell, Thomas, AD, CJ and Gaines Adams are probably gone and you might be looking at Okoye, Landry or Brady Quinn as your pick.

And outside of Landry, none of those players are exactly stellar as far as teams are rating them right now.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
      It might be worth that in YOUR opinion, but you aren't an NFL GM! It's decidedly NOT worth it in THEIR opinion and they are the only ones who count!

Teams don't want to get "cheated" so they reject trades where they "lose points." Even the fans now are onto this and will rip management over trades where their team "gave up too much", etc.

Don't expect it to change anytime soon either. GMs are more and more wedded to this system.

Picks 2-6 DON'T hold equal value anyway, because at #2 you can take anybody you want (except Johnson or Russell), whereas at #6 Russell, Thomas, AD, CJ and Gaines Adams are probably gone and you might be looking at Okoye, Landry or Brady Quinn as your pick.

And outside of Landry, none of those players are exactly stellar as far as teams are rating them right now.
      Picks 2-6 are of equal value as far as players this year. There is no absolute #2 pick in the draft. Any player in the top 2-6 could go at any one of those spots. I am not saying that GMs will follow that logic, because I know they will not, but as far as Denver goes, there is no more value at #2 than at #6 as far as players goes.

It may come down to team need, but there is a reason Denver made trade contingent on CJ being available. If he is not there, then from our standpoint we would be over paying for the #2 pick, and we are talking about a 700 pt difference in our favor. If we are getting that kind of lopsided trade, why would the trade be contigent on CJ being available? My guess is Shanny feels no other player is worth better than a 4th round pick.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
      X