Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dream Mock Draft

Round 1-Jamaal Anderson-DE

His stock has fallen a bit, but there's no way he'll fall past the Broncos. Anderson should become a dominant player on a defensive line that has struggled during the last few years.

Round 2-Sidney Rice-WR

Rice has excellent ball skills which makes him a natural playmaker. Lacks experience, but he should be able to sit on the bench and learn from veterans such as Rod Smith in his first year.

Round 3A-Sabby Piscitelli-S

A very good coverage safety. Should have no problems being the coverage safety while John Lynch plays in the box.

Round 3B-Marcus Thomas-DT

Thomas has first round ability but has some character problems. If he can overcome his character problems he should become a very good starter beside Gerrard Warren at DT. This pick could also be used to trade for Carolina's Kris Jenkins.

Round 6A-Juwan Simpson-OLB

A very fast outside linebacker, with good football instincts. He does need to gain some weight so he has the strength to shed blocks in the pros.

Round 6B-Brandon Frye-OT

A very athletic offensive tackle. Has great feet, which should help him in the zone blocking scheme. Only started 1 year in college, needs some time before becoming a starter in the NFL.

Round 7-Courtney Brown-CB
    A terrific athlete from Cal Poly, with great speed, size and jumping ability. He should be able to play on special teams, while he works on his technique which is still raw.

I think Jamaal Anderson's stock is gonna be just fine.... He had the bad weeks in
    which he just kept sliding down the board, but recently he has been recovering
    himself and could still go in the top 10.

Sidney Rice is an amazing athlete, so i dont know if he will go that far. Some people
    see alot of WRs going in the first round, and others only have 1 going in the top
    20. If the second situation happens, then Rice might be there... but it would be
    a lucky turn of events.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
      I think Jamaal Anderson's stock is gonna be just fine.... He had the bad weeks in
      which he just kept sliding down the board, but recently he has been recovering
      himself and could still go in the top 10.

Sidney Rice is an amazing athlete, so i dont know if he will go that far. Some people
      see alot of WRs going in the first round, and others only have 1 going in the top
      20. If the second situation happens, then Rice might be there... but it would be
      a lucky turn of events.
      I'm afraid you're right and that anybody who thinks Denver will wind up with Anderson will be disappointed.

On the other hand Shanahan might try and trade up to grab him if he's still on the boards after the Steeler's pick at #15. That would make some sense.

But, if he goes to the 49ers at #11 or the Rams or Panthers at #13 or #14 then I doubt he can get up far enough to get him. Those teams would have to seriously look at Anderson if he fell to them. All of them could use a DE. Then of course the Steelers who are supposed to like Moss. They really need a replacement for Joey Porter (and Anderson is 6'6" 288 so he couldn't play OLB in a 3-4). Still his talent would make him a possible target for a lot of teams if he fell to them.
      sigpic

Comment

I dont think Rice will slip that far, and I dont really want him anyways. Gimme a safety in the 2nd, a DT and OT in the 3rd

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

It looks good other than Sidney Rice. Why do we need another WR? We have so much depth there already it's not even funny.
          Rest in peace Darrent Williams and Damien Nash. I will never let your memories die. You will never be forgotten.

John Lynch is one of the best safeties in the NFL so don't even say he needs to be replaced. He hasn't been to eight Pro Bowls cause he isn't very good. So for those of you who doubt him, stay out of CO...

SUPPORT THE TROOPS. They are risking their lives to protect our way of life and the freedoms we take for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by SS #38
            It looks good other than Sidney Rice. Why do we need another WR? We have so much depth there already it's not even funny.
            I think you severely overrated you wide-outs... Sure Walker is good.. getting older
            but good. Smith is prolly gone next year, Marshall looks solid... and then... ummm
            you got a solid guy here or there but no one near Rice's potentiol.
            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

I think you severely overrated you wide-outs... Sure Walker is good.. getting older
              but good. Smith is prolly gone next year, Marshall looks solid... and then... ummm
              I think with the two TEs we have there is less need for three WR sets. Marshall is the real deal and will be a solid #2 WR (usually 700-900 yards is good #2 numbers).

We have guys that can complement our top two, but I agree that we do not have much by the way of upside other than Hixon (who I think is going to be very solid).

Still if Hixon and Marshall both solidify the #2 and 3. Then a high pick at WR would be a waste. I say give those two this year to play and reevaluate the position next year.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I would love to have Rice. Just not in the first 2 rounds and he won't be there after the second so there goes that. Maybe Shanny has a diffrent idea...untelling.

I just hope you guys and S.D. don't pick him.

Good football player. Average speed, great hands.

Comment

The way I see it we have a pretty good chance of getting either Anderson or Carriker and either will do just fine. Even if both are gone we can trade out and get more picks and still end up with a Spencer or Johnson (Im not high on Charles Johnson though) but we are more than 5 days away and we will see then we can finally stop with the I want this player saying... we all want individual players but when was the last time we got someone we really wanted and predicted?

Comment

Working...
                  X