Draft Sleepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Sleepers

Brandon Myles/WR/West Virginia - nice combo of size and speed at 6'3" 185 lbs and 4.47 in the 40. Led the Mountaineers in receptions (36) in a run-oriented offense. Will go up and catch the ball at its highest point in traffic. Likely mid-round pick.

Antonio Johnson/DT/Mississippi State - Nice motor and has the frame to get bigger. Solid two-gap penetrator with some upside. Would work well in a rotation where he can shed blockers and tackle running backs. Early 2nd day pick.

JD Nelson/S/Oregon - Has adequate size (5'11" 215 lbs) to play either safety position but projects better to strong safety because of a lack of overall speed. Not a big playmaker and probably nothing more than a journeyman backup.

Any other sleepers?

Chris Henry RB Arizona.

Comment

Mike Walker

Not sure if he is still a defined as a sleeper but he seems like first round talent with a chance to steal him in 3rd round.

Comment

Gary Russell RB Minnesota: Had almost as many yards as Maroney in the same year! He could suprise some people.
        Mike Otto OT Purdue: Good quickness and very strong. Would fit in well in a zone blocking scheme.
        Chase Johnson OT Wyoming: Very underated.
        Leonard Peters S Hawaii: Its weird because this guy has the same hair as a certain steelers safety and they both play very fast hard and aggressive style of football.
        Jeff Smith QB Georgetown College-NAIA: Perfect size at 6-5 245. Kids got a hand cannon.
        09-17-08: OFFICIALLY BACKING JARVIS MOSS TO TURN INTO ONE HELL OF A DEFENSIVE END WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.-we are all allowed one mistake, right?

Loved McD 's first full FA. Can't wait to see the draft.

2010 Draft WISHlist:

Any center since we don't have one.

Comment

A sleeper, in a nutshell, is any prospect hardly being mentioned. The biggest sleepers are guys from schools you've never heard of who dominated. Like a Darrell Hackney or an Antoine Bethea from last year.

Comment

Justin Hickman DE, UCLA- I would love to see him here, although he will probably go early in the second day.

- An agile rusher with good hands and great closing speed.

- I was going through tapes of the Emerald Bowl (FSU v. UCLA) to look at the FSU linebackers.

However, I couldn't keep my eyes off this kid, due largely to the fact that he stuck his nose in the backfield around once a set of downs.

*Also, watching that game made me think that Booker would have been a great choice at RB had we not signed Henry.
            sigpic

"Sauced."- Broshown Broenbro

Comment

Working...
            X