Why So Down on Moss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why So Down on Moss?

Even though I would really prefer Anthony Spency at #21 for our DE, why is everyone so down on Jarvis Moss now? Hasn't he had medical help to cure his disease that had caused him to lose the weight in the 1st place?

I'm very high on Moss personally. I'm for any pick that addresses the D-line, but I am a big fan of Moss in particular. His play in the NC game was just a taste of what is to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
      I'm very high on Moss personally. I'm for any pick that addresses the D-line, but I am a big fan of Moss in particular. His play in the NC game was just a taste of what is to come.

I live in Florida and got to watch a lot more of what he can do, the NC game was like you said just a taste of what's to come. To me the kid is a beast and has the speed we could really use on the D-Line.

ILTIMATELY THOUGH .... I would like to see Denver possibly trade up a few and grab Reggie Nelson in the first and then fill the D-line needs in later rounds.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79
        I live in Florida and got to watch a lot more of what he can do, the NC game was like you said just a taste of what's to come. To me the kid is a beast and has the speed we could really use on the D-Line.

ILTIMATELY THOUGH .... I would like to see Denver possibly trade up a few and grab Reggie Nelson in the first and then fill the D-line needs in later rounds.
        Forget Nelson, we need a Meriweather, Moss or a Joe Staley. Nelson is not what we need at Saftey. I like the kid, but he's not what we need at saftey. We need a Weddle/Meriweather type player at saftey. Who can cover the field and tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar
          Forget Nelson, we need a Meriweather, Moss or a Joe Staley. Nelson is not what we need at Saftey. I like the kid, but he's not what we need at saftey. We need a Weddle/Meriweather type player at saftey. Who can cover the field and tackle.
          I have been watching film of the safety prospects and i think either Weddle or Nelson, I think Nelson can cover a little bit better, we have Lynch to hit folks all day, we need speed and coverage.

Comment

griffin is the best safety in this years draft. plus he is great on special teams. we would be getting way more value if we picked him. however if eric weddle slips to us in the 2nd or early 3rd then i think we should snag him.

as for moss, i guess any de at this point would be ideal. i hope we get an everydown de who is also good against the run and not just the pass. that of course is carriker. if we land jenkins then we can be a little pickier on whatever de we get but i wouldnt mind if we took moss at 21.

why is jamal anderson falling to us on all the mocks lately? his stock seems to be going down rapidly. anyone know why?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
              griffin is the best safety in this years draft.

Really?? Better than Landry?! O_o

Comment

Thats what I thought!

Better than Landry!?!?!?! I'd kill to have him!

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
                  why is jamal anderson falling to us on all the mocks lately? his stock seems to be going down rapidly. anyone know why?
                  I think mainly because of his Pro-Day numbers:

4.75-4.80 40's
                  32.5" vertical
                  22 reps (Cutler had 21 IIRC)

Maybe a case of failed expectations too. I think a lot of people expected his numbers to be MUCH better.
                  Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                    22 reps (Cutler had 21 IIRC)
                    i'm pretty sure cutler had 23 at the combine and like 25 at his pro day

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

i would love to tae moss the only problem that has surfaced to me is he only benched 16 times...that is weak for a DE. Strength can come through weight gain but still scares me a bit.
                      sigpic
                      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Him, Nelson, and Merriwether are better than Griffen.

His numbers were bad, but he isnt falling to you guys... he still has a good chance
                        to be a top 10 pick... his stock is re-settling again.
                        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                        X