Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less than a week until draft

FINALLY

Now, what do you think of making some sort of trade up for another 1st round pick and we can go after Patrick Willis to replace Al Wilson as well as the best DE available(hopefully Jarvis Moss).

Scenario 1: Denver trades a bunch of picks to the Lions for the #2 spot to take Joe Thomas. I believe this is Shanahan's big plan.

Scenario 2: If unable to pull off scenario one, call up Houston for a possible trade up to #10 where they will probably take Patrick Willis.

:2cents:

Comment

The only way I would do this is to trade up to 2, then trade down with either Tampa Bay or Arizona to recoup some the picks. If we could recoup a 2nd & 3rd this year it would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowGoose77
        The only way I would do this is to trade up to 2, then trade down with either Tampa Bay or Arizona to recoup some the picks. If we could recoup a 2nd & 3rd this year it would make sense.
        This would make more sense. We all know how desperate Tampa is to get Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
          Scenario 1: Denver trades a bunch of picks to the Lions for the #2 spot to take Joe Thomas. I believe this is Shanahan's big plan.

Scenario 2: If unable to pull off scenario one, call up Houston for a possible trade up to #10 where they will probably take Patrick Willis.

I honestly rather draft an OL in the later rounds where we always find great ones who fit our system perfectly. We must fill a D-line spot in the first round- our biggest need. Then we go safety and linebacker then draft 2 olineman then back to d line

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_

If he is going to trade up to #2 he better be doing it for something better than Joe Thomas... say you know, the best draft prospect as a WR to ever come out of college.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Originally posted by Combo1985
              FINALLY

Now, what do you think of making some sort of trade up for another 1st round pick and we can go after Patrick Willis to replace Al Wilson as well as the best DE available(hopefully Jarvis Moss).
              There is no way the broncos are going to trade up for ANOTHER 1st round pick... you are dreaming. We'd have to package our first round plus addtional 2007 AND 2008 picks, just to move up in the first round...

Id rather keep the 21st and move up in the 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
                If he is going to trade up to #2 he better be doing it for something better than Joe Thomas... say you know, the best draft prospect as a WR to ever come out of college.
                WR's are almost always flops in the pros. I would hate to see us go for Calvin.

Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

Comment

Originally posted by BSmitty7
                  I honestly rather draft an OL in the later rounds where we always find great ones who fit our system perfectly. We must fill a D-line spot in the first round- our biggest need. Then we go safety and linebacker then draft 2 olineman then back to d line
                  if they have any chance at getting a possible franchise OL, they better use every effort to get them!

a good OL is much harder to find then anything else, and it is the most important thing on the offensive side of the ball. a great OL can make every other player on the field look better.
                  joe thomas FTW!
                  sig pic removed by mod staff.
                  we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by tsiguy96
                    if they have any chance at getting a possible franchise OL, they better use every effort to get them!

a good OL is much harder to find then anything else, and it is the most important thing on the offensive side of the ball. a great OL can make every other player on the field look better.
                    joe thomas FTW!
                    Robert Gallery looks great for the Raiders right now...... Awesome team.
                    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcow
                      WR's are almost always flops in the pros. I would hate to see us go for Calvin.
                      So you would rather take an OL with the number 2 pick and throw all your cards away for an OL than Calvin Johnson?? I don't think you guys should move up that far for that price for anybody, but if you are going to do it then I hope to hell you take Calvin and not an OL. That would be a complete waste.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
                        Robert Gallery looks great for the Raiders right now...... Awesome team.
                        do you need me to start listing off first round draft busts for every other position?
                        because ya know, maybe your right, OL is the ONLY position in the draft that ever busts in the first round

use your head
                        sig pic removed by mod staff.
                        we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Working...
                        X