moving the number 1 pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving the number 1 pick

i would be in favor of trading down but i would also favor moving this years #1 pick for NEXT YEARS NUMBER 1 PICK ALSO.I feel the broncos have a 3 year rebuilding job in front of them i doubt we will make the playoffs next season so why not build for the future. the offensive needs to be rebuilt as well as the D line i do not think we can address those problems in ONE SINGLE DRAFT.So if i were the broncos management i would try to STOCKPILE EXTRA PICKS FOR NEXT YEARS DRAFT AS WELL. If shanahan and sundquist REBUILD METHODICALLY, INSTEAD OF THE QUICK FIX WE WILL BE A SUPER BOWLS CONTENDER FOR YEARS TO COME, BUT IT IS NOT GOING TO BE IMMEDIATLY.

only way i want to trade this years number 1 pick away for a first rounder next year is if we got 2 picks this year (say a second rounder, 4th rounder and next year first round pick) for our no. 21

Comment

We barely missed out on the playoffs last year, and our 07 team is already better than the 06 team, on both sides of the ball (Henry, & Graham on offense, hiring of Jim Bates on D). This team is not rebuilding and IMO (and most on this board) they are in the top 5 in the AFC. As for trading our pick, I would only be fine with trading down if there's nobody left worth a 1st round pick in any of the positions we need (DE, S, LB). If we trade up, I think it better be worth someone really special because I don't want to lose any picks.
      Last edited by BleedforBroncos; 04-23-2007, 12:05 PM.

R.I.P. Darrent & Damien

Comment

Originally posted by richardthebronco
        i would be in favor of trading down but i would also favor moving this years #1 pick for NEXT YEARS NUMBER 1 PICK ALSO.I feel the broncos have a 3 year rebuilding job in front of them i doubt we will make the playoffs next season so why not build for the future. the offensive needs to be rebuilt as well as the D line i do not think we can address those problems in ONE SINGLE DRAFT.So if i were the broncos management i would try to STOCKPILE EXTRA PICKS FOR NEXT YEARS DRAFT AS WELL. If shanahan and sundquist REBUILD METHODICALLY, INSTEAD OF THE QUICK FIX WE WILL BE A SUPER BOWLS CONTENDER FOR YEARS TO COME, BUT IT IS NOT GOING TO BE IMMEDIATLY.
        Come on dude, we're gonna make the playoffs... u gotta change ur outlook, even raider fans last year thought they were gonna make the playoffs.......

Comment

trading pick

my concern is we have too many grizzled veterans,Lynch-only makes plays now near the line of scrimmage. Rod Smith- how much tread left on his tire, Lepsis-coming off knee surgery.nalen - gettinold, we need 2 new safeties, another speedy wr, our linebaskers ARE TOO SMALL WE NEED TO GET TALLER AND HEAVIER LB 's. The d- line needs to be totally rebuilt. another running back, and depth at all of the positiomns i mentioned. i at present do see us challenging SAN DIEGO next year, I feel with the right moves this year and next years draft we could be back in position to challenge for the Super Bowl., that is why the broncos should try to move the #1 pick this year for some teams #1 next year. we need to stock pile draft picks.

Comment

Survey Says.... No
            sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Comment

my concern is we have too many grizzled veterans,Lynch-only makes plays now near the line of scrimmage. Rod Smith- how much tread left on his tire, Lepsis-coming off knee surgery.nalen - gettinold, we need 2 new safeties, another speedy wr, our linebaskers ARE TOO SMALL WE NEED TO GET TALLER AND HEAVIER LB 's. The d- line needs to be totally rebuilt. another running back, and depth at all of the positiomns i mentioned. i at present do see us challenging SAN DIEGO next year, I feel with the right moves this year and next years draft we could be back in position to challenge for the Super Bowl., that is why the broncos should try to move the #1 pick this year for some teams #1 next year. we need to stock pile draft picks.
              Rod's already been replaced by Marshall at the #2 spot, and speedy receivers are overrated. I'd rather have a great route runner. Lepsis will be fine coming off the injury, the only problem with him is his age, but IMO Pears will prove to be a good replacement in the future. Nalen is getting old, but we've been saying that for years now and he's still been putting up Pro Bowl years (whether or not he gets recognized for it). Plus, Eslinger is supposedly doing good over in NFL Europa. How can you say our LB's are too small? They did pretty damn good last year, so I don't see that as being a problem. The only thing we need on the D-line is a good DE. Warren is good at taking up the double-teams, and Ekuban will prove to be better under Bates. Plus, Dumervil shows a lot of potential, especially if he can improve against the rush. And when it comes to the SB, once you get into the playoffs, anyone can win it all.

R.I.P. Darrent & Damien

Comment

First of all this makes no sense. The Broncos should have been in the playoffs last year with a rookie QB, except that they lost the last game to the 49ers and let the Chefs sneak in.

This year the team is unquestionably better. They don't have Mike Myers starting at DT. They have Graham instead of Alexander starting at TE. They have added a reliable #3 WR in Stokely. They are getting Lepsis back at LT (huge). Dre Bly is more experienced than Darrent Williams was although I don't know that he's worlds better, he certainly is no worse and should be a bit better since he's a pro-bowl player.

Then there are the intangible advantages:

Cutler has more experience now. Brandon Marshall and Sheffler are more experienced and ready. Rod Smith should hopefully be recovered from injury as is Sam Brandon and Nick Ferguson at S.

Overall the team is starting out with a lot of advantages over last year, including no QB controversy.

I would expect the Broncos to win 11 games at least this year and that could be good enough for the division. It would certainly be good enough for a wild-card.

No point waiting until next year. This isn't the Lions or Browns here!
                sigpic

Comment

I would trade down if Staley isnt there and try and pick up a first rounder for next year. With the lack of RBs in this years draft and next year being a great for RBs, I think two first rounders would allow us to get a DT (good class next year) and a Safety. We already have an extra 4th rounder and should have a good CB to trade if Nique and Paymah bust out (doubt we will resign both).

EDIT - My reasons have nothing to do with what Richardthe bronco thinks

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                  J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                  R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
                  X