Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*RUMOR* NFL Sirius Radio - Briggs to Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *RUMOR* NFL Sirius Radio - Briggs to Denver?

Sup Bronco fans? Its been a while...and from over here, still recovering from that terrible SB loss thanks to the most schizophrenic QB in league history

Whether this comes into fruition or not, I'd like to hear your thoughts about this kind of trade, that would most likely send the Broncos #21 pick (if not more) to the Bears for Lance Briggs. Keep in mind, the Bears turned down the 'Skins offer of #6 overall for Briggs + #31, a purported value of 1000 in draft points. Though, this kind of deal for the Bears would allow them to keep their #31, so there would not be as much urgency to trade down.

Bear fans reaction

Would be a hell of a pick-up, but it wouldn't help our pass-rush problem at all.
    Originally posted by Soldier96B
    i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

The Earth is Not Movin for Me......
      A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

haha...

someone finally noticed and mentioned that we make out good on all of our trades.. or most.

so the general census in Chicago is you (the fans) want him out regardless if he was willing to play?
        sigpic

Comment

don't like it. We just need DJ to move to MLB and have just about anybody play SLB. We need pash rush.
          President Cool

Comment

Don't like the straight trade. Maybe if we gave 21st and got the Bears 37th.

Comment

I don't like the trade regardless of what we give up because any of the big name DEs in the draft will likely be taken by the time our number is called.
              Originally posted by Soldier96B
              i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

I think we should wait until draft day and when our pick comes up, see who's left, then decide what we should do.

R.I.P. Darrent & Damien

Comment

Id rather try and swing 2 Seconds *This year and Next* and our third *Either this year or next*
                  I straight up dont like the idea of giving up a first ever
                  sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Comment

If he's worth a first round pick. Why don't they pay him. You're not dealing with the Redskins.

Comment

We would have to give up way too much for this trade; I'd rather take Timmons or Posluszny with the 21st pick than trade it for Briggs.
                      sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

No, and here's why:

1)Where's he going to play? Certainly not on the strongside. That would mean Gold would get cut, which wouldn't really be a huge problem with Briggs coming in, but...

2)MONEY. Briggs wants a mega deal. Is Briggs really worth the cap hit, both his and Gold's?

3)We can draft a younger, high-upside player for less mula.

1, 2, 3...that simple!

Now, if Bates thinks Briggs could man the middle, or be an efficient SAM, then maybe I'd change my opinion...

Comment

This rumor sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by kcarr26
                            haha...

someone finally noticed and mentioned that we make out good on all of our trades.. or most.

so the general census in Chicago is you (the fans) want him out regardless if he was willing to play?
                            Most Bear fans think of Briggs as the devil, basically. Personally, I'd like to keep him for another SB run, since its highly unlikely we'll be able to replace an All-Pro OLB right away... Though, we did make it to the big one without 2 of our defensive pro bowlers (DT Tommie Harris, S Mike Brown) and they're expected to be back. I wouldn't be upset with this deal at all, because mainly, we'd be able to use our #31 on OL (Blalock, Grubbs, Staley hopefully) comfortably, and with the #21, grab the best available receiver either Bowe or Meachem. Then with #37 we can go BPA, or maybe a TE, or LB. This would give us tons of flexibility in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                              No, and here's why:

1)Where's he going to play? Certainly not on the strongside. That would mean Gold would get cut, which wouldn't really be a huge problem with Briggs coming in, but...

Now, if Bates thinks Briggs could man the middle, or be an efficient SAM, then maybe I'd change my opinion...
                              Briggs excelled in **** Jauron's system his rookie year as the SAM. In college, he was a MIKE, MLB. He's very versatile, and did play some middle (not start) on certain plays in '06. Very good in coverage but he's a superior tackler, very stout against the run and good at shedding blockers. I'm not sure what system you guys run, but Briggs can play all LB positions except a 3-4 OLB.

Comment

Working...
                              X