Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*RUMOR* NFL Sirius Radio - Briggs to Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• socalorado1
    replied
    Originally posted by NBudris
    I did not read through this thread but I have heard for the past week that Washington is the only team to even call about Briggs.
    This is good news as we all near the draft. Everyone is getting tight-lipped as is.
    If Briggs started creating static in the next couple of days with the bears maybe they would be hardpressed to just get rid of the headache.
    ENTER Shanny!

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    I did not read through this thread but I have heard for the past week that Washington is the only team to even call about Briggs.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado1
    replied
    Originally posted by BigJuan
    i have 2 things to comment on:
    first
    i would rather have briggs than trade up for willis between a 10th pick money and what briggs wants in money there wont be much difference. so get briggs the proven player and pay him.

second
    briggs doesnt care about the the short term money he wants a long deal like porter got. he wants the 20 mil gaurenteed that way he is set for life rather than if he gets hurt and cant play again and not getting anymore money
    Well if no one else comes to his rescue financially in the near future, Briggs is going to have to deal with another team that may not want to pay him HUGE money for his services. Chi. will just trade him for whatever the best offer is, and that team will have to deal with his complaining. Who else has expressed interest?
    There has to be another team looking for a player of his calibur with alot of money to blow. If he was smart, he would request a decent trade to the Broncos where he knows he will be on a winner, and he will eventually get paid. if alls he wants is the money, hes in for a long ride. I only say this becuase i could see the Bears just saying "scew him, let him sit" and taking the hit if they dont get a offer thats adequate. I am just speculating from a couple standpoints.

Leave a comment:

• BigJuan
    replied
    i have 2 things to comment on:
    first
    i would rather have briggs than trade up for willis between a 10th pick money and what briggs wants in money there wont be much difference. so get briggs the proven player and pay him.

second
    briggs doesnt care about the the short term money he wants a long deal like porter got. he wants the 20 mil gaurenteed that way he is set for life rather than if he gets hurt and cant play again and not getting anymore money

Leave a comment:

• lex
    replied
    If they do this, I think its to avoid screwing up on their first round pick. LB isnt really as big of a need as S or DL or even OT. I wouldnt mind our 21 for Tommie Harris though.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado1
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoAV06
    '

I agree with you there. I think this could turn into a Javon type situation. I think that since Briggs was healthy with no injury concerns that I can see why the higher price tag. If we could pull a Javon type deal of with Briggs I would be all for it, but it comes down to money. Pay a first rounder and then Briggs, I don't know if we could, espeacily with signing the rest of the draft class. Won't be big bucks for the rest but we son't have massive cap space.

I think that the Bears not having experiance with big trades really has nothing to do with it. Its an NFL team with personal that have done this for years, thats why they have the job. Building a Super Bowl team, I think there front office knows what they are doing.
    Uh i agree they know what they are doing, but some teams have a philosophy of always "lowballing" other teams or "never negotiate to another teams needs" and thats just how they do buisness. Sort of a "old school" way of doing things. thats what Lovie Smith and the Bears remind me of. I saw Lovie on NFL network last night and he had this wry smile and just commented that Briggs was on the team and he would be on the field the 1st game of the season. You could just tell the whole thing was contrived, and he was just not going to comment on the situation. Which i would expect every coach to do as well. I just got the sense that there is a much bigger problem than he was letting on with briggs.
    General manager Jerry Angelo informed Briggs he would be their franchise player. He was given a one-year tender at $7.206 million. I think if Bowlen covinced him that he would eventually get his money in the near future, he would take a deal for a year or 2 and just be glad he is out from under the Urlacher shadow.
    Than again he could just be a money whore.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoAV06
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado1
    IF a trade for Briggs happened, it would only happen if the Broncos came out on top of the trade. Remember last year? Thompson saying there was no way Javon was going to be traded for a 2nd. GB wanted a 1st because thats what he was worth, and he was coming off a injury! Of course that was just to try and get as much out of the broncos as possilbe. but Shanny didnt bite, and he got his man for a 2nd after all. Shanny knows that Chicagos front office are the ones with a problem. Briggs has already said hes not playing and will sit (sound familiar?Uh javon?)
    Shanny will just wait it out till the last second, and then the Bears will be the ones stuck with a big issue on their hands.
    I also think that the deadskins deal fell through from both sides. I think the intitial offer was waaay tooo much and Schnieder thought "what the hell, these guys are turning down the # 6 pick! Am i crazy! thats waay too much to offer! forget it! I think he re-thought the whole thing and just told the bears to pound sand.
    its just speculation, but neither teams coaching staff or GMs have experience making big trades.(what i mean by that is schnieders always screws himself) I dont think Lovie smith or the bears have made any big trades i can think of. IMHO they are just lowballing everyone because they are not knowledgeable at trades.
    I think Shanny will just sit back and wait it out till they are just desperate. I would not be suprised if Briggs makes a public or possibly a private statement (to the bears) about his current situation which would add leverage to him being traded.
    '

I agree with you there. I think this could turn into a Javon type situation. I think that since Briggs was healthy with no injury concerns that I can see why the higher price tag. If we could pull a Javon type deal of with Briggs I would be all for it, but it comes down to money. Pay a first rounder and then Briggs, I don't know if we could, espeacily with signing the rest of the draft class. Won't be big bucks for the rest but we son't have massive cap space.

I think that the Bears not having experiance with big trades really has nothing to do with it. Its an NFL team with personal that have done this for years, thats why they have the job. Building a Super Bowl team, I think there front office knows what they are doing.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado1
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    That's only part of my concern with doing it. The other is that he is going to be very expensive. So in my opinion why bring him in when we could get high quality linebacker from this year's draft.
    IF a trade for Briggs happened, it would only happen if the Broncos came out on top of the trade. Remember last year? Thompson saying there was no way Javon was going to be traded for a 2nd. GB wanted a 1st because thats what he was worth, and he was coming off a injury! Of course that was just to try and get as much out of the broncos as possilbe. but Shanny didnt bite, and he got his man for a 2nd after all. Shanny knows that Chicagos front office are the ones with a problem. Briggs has already said hes not playing and will sit (sound familiar?Uh javon?)
    Shanny will just wait it out till the last second, and then the Bears will be the ones stuck with a big issue on their hands.
    I also think that the deadskins deal fell through from both sides. I think the intitial offer was waaay tooo much and Schnieder thought "what the hell, these guys are turning down the # 6 pick! Am i crazy! thats waay too much to offer! forget it! I think he re-thought the whole thing and just told the bears to pound sand.
    its just speculation, but neither teams coaching staff or GMs have experience making big trades.(what i mean by that is schnieders always screws himself) I dont think Lovie smith or the bears have made any big trades i can think of. IMHO they are just lowballing everyone because they are not knowledgeable at trades.
    I think Shanny will just sit back and wait it out till they are just desperate. I would not be suprised if Briggs makes a public or possibly a private statement (to the bears) about his current situation which would add leverage to him being traded.

Leave a comment:

• DenBronx
    replied
    Originally posted by Fat Joe
    I dont see Briggs coming to Denver unless he becomes a DE and we dont have to give up a first rounder. If its a first rounder they want, I dont think they'll get it from Denver and I dont think they'll get it anywhere, not because Briggs isnt good, but because no ones going to give up a 1st for him knowing he's essentially in a position to get what he wants, not what the Bears want to get for him. He holds out, the Bears take a bigger hit then he does.

briggs becoming a de?? not gonna happen.

like i said before, teams are the most desperate come draft day. the packers knew they should get a lot for javon walker. imo walker was worth a 1st or early 2nd. however if a player is threatening to hold out then teams are willing to dump the guy to at least get something in return for him. we STOLE walker for a 3rd.

so hopefully we have enough sense to wait till draft day to make any deals. not unless chicago wants to trade for pick #21 straight up, then it would be well worth it. its very rare to get a rookie at pick 21 and have them make an immediate impact on a football team. it does happen but usually they take a couple years to develop.

the concern about briggs is where would he play and what kind of money is he going to want? he wants 10-15 mil guaranteed which isnt all that bad. all he wants is job security, a long term deal. denver should have no problem staying under the cap to make this happen.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
    Anyone who thinks giving up 21st pick for Briggs is a bad deal make sure to bring a friend the next time you buy a car.
    That's only part of my concern with doing it. The other is that he is going to be very expensive. So in my opinion why bring him in when we could get high quality linebacker from this year's draft.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunk Bronco
    I thought Javon Fired Him???????

And ya if we got Briggs,We would RULE the NFL(if we stayed healthy)

And Cough Cough.... J.Moss
    I think you're right about Javon.

Personally I think Anthony Spencer would be a better choice.

Leave a comment:

• Cutler2007
    replied
    Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
    Anyone who thinks giving up 21st pick for Briggs is a bad deal make sure to bring a friend the next time you buy a car.
    Its not the pick but the $$$, as any friend will tell you "go ahead and get the Benz, Im not paying for it".

Leave a comment:

• GetmeanotherTD
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee
    Briggs also isn't any bigger than DJ so there's no reason to believe he would be an upgrade at SAM. After all, Briggs is a WLB. There's a good chance that Briggs would be the Mike and DJ will still be the SAM. .

There is no reason to compare size and stuff considering both linebackers have NFL experience at the SAM. Because of this, we can compare how they did, and Briggs was much better at sheding blocks than DJ, and thats one of the primary difficulties a SAM has. Because they both have played the position, theres no need to geuss.

Leave a comment:

• anton...
    replied
    im not a fan of gold...

:nono:

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    replied
    I wouldn't mind having Briggs. Let Ian Gold go and sign Cameron Vaughn to SLB or MLB and DJ will play whatever is left. Briggs is best at WLB.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X