Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*RUMOR* NFL Sirius Radio - Briggs to Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anton...
    replied
    Originally posted by Momentum
    If we couldnt afford Wilson there is no effing way we can squeeze Briggs in and make it work on the cap, and keep him happy.
    they didnt release wilson because we couldnt afford him, but his output was not equal to his huge paycheck, and he has a serious neck issue, which is a huge risk to have when he is taking up that much cap space...

there was no guarantee he would play this season, and if he was still on our roster he would be in the same "not playing this season" position and taking up our cap...

they let him go for the good of the team...

briggs is awesome for the team...

but we do need a DE...

bad...

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by Hardbodyaz
    There is hot talk about Lance Briggs comming to Denver for Denvers 1 round draft pick straight up. The Redskins deal fell through and with Lance stating he will be traded or he will sit all year is forcing the Bears to deal him. The message boards on the Bears site is stating rumors of the trade.... to be done before Saturday. DJ Williams will move to center next to Gold and Briggs will take DJ's side. Sounds like a good deal to me for just a straight up 1st round pick...no more. The was labled a francise player by the Bears this year! OH THE FUN THE WEEK BEFORE THE DRAFT!!! CHEERS
    The Bears' GM claims that the only team he has talked to about Briggs is Washington.

Even if we do get Briggs, which I seriously doubt, don't be so sure about him taking over SAM and DJ moving to the middle. Briggs wants to be "the man" like Urlacher. Briggs also isn't any bigger than DJ so there's no reason to believe he would be an upgrade at SAM. After all, Briggs is a WLB. There's a good chance that Briggs would be the Mike and DJ will still be the SAM. I'm sure if that happened, all the DJ lovers would start whining and demand that Gold be cut for the sole purpose of letting DJ play Will. The only thing DJ has going for him is that Bates has stated that he wants to get DJ more involved in the defense. That's not, however, a guarantee that it will happen if the Broncos bring in a LB that could possibly be better at MLB than DJ.
    Last edited by broncolee; 04-25-2007, 05:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Momentum
    replied
    If we couldnt afford Wilson there is no effing way we can squeeze Briggs in and make it work on the cap, and keep him happy.

Leave a comment:

• Hardbodyaz
    replied
    Briggs straight up for the 21st pick is an awsome deal. Honestly who could we get at 21 that would equal the known output of Briggs?? We would have the top LB Core in the NFL and we could easily go after a DE in the second or trade future picks away and remaining picks for a drafted DE or FA. This deal is far better than the prayer Denver was trying for with Calvin Johnson. WE NEED A LB and a DE....Briggs is the BEST we could ever hope for. No DE out there we could get is equal to him. So use our 21st to get him and look for a DE next. Makes perfect sense and it is possible.

Leave a comment:

• 24CHAMP24
    replied
    Got any kind of link? I don't see anything on there message boards about this

Leave a comment:

• anton...
    replied
    briggs is young, proven and a prolific pro bowl machine!!!

and for the #21st pick he would be a steal!!!

my concern...

how are we going to get the cap room for a long term deal for him??

he wants a long term deal...

and a big deal...

and although he deserves it for his awesomeness, if we dont have the cap room there will be no deal...

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
    replied
    It be nice to have Lance but I dont want to trade our first rounder. I would rather get a Defensive Linemen. But we will see what falls through I guess.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    I believe Javon's agent is Rosenhaus

Javon dumped Rosenpimp before ever getting traded to Denver. He said it wasn't because of the negativety surrounding The Pimp...So that means it was because of the negativety surrounding The Pimp.

Leave a comment:

• BSmitty7
    replied
    ok what about this scenario:

If-
    Broncos are taking a LB in the first round

Do you:
    Trade 1st second and 3rd to move up and take Patrick Willis
    Or
    Take Paul Poz with 1st

Or
    Trade straight up with Briggs

Leave a comment:

• ShadeofBlue
    replied
    Trading for just the first round I could live with. I wouldn't want to give up multiple rounds of picks, though. If somehow the cap gurus in the FO can get a deal done and a contract that makes Briggs happy, then I have to say that Briggs would be a more immediate improvement than anyone we could draft at the position.

If its true that Bears are willing to do the deal for the #21 straight up (vs the #16 value they could have gotten with the skins) could be a matter of not wanting to trade to someone they'll meet more often in the next few years. Could be value decreasing as the trade nears, and Bears are forced to take what they can get or watch a big value player ride the bench all year. Or could just be smokescreen and rumors as we've heard many in the recent days.

I'd just hope that if the deal got done that Briggs could turn around, and be a happy camper. Seems that things got turned around with Javon when he joined up with the Broncos, so I know it can happen, but nobody wants to get a cancer. Well, only five days left, then we can go from rumors about every last thing to predictions based on people running fake teams through Madden and declaring that we'll beat everyone by 50 points every game.

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Bronco
    replied
    I thought Javon Fired Him???????

And ya if we got Briggs,We would RULE the NFL(if we stayed healthy)

And Cough Cough.... J.Moss

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Bronco
    replied
    I thought Javon Fired Him???????

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    no way, he is not a 1st rdr worthy to me, yes he is sick, but will he make a bigger impact then, branch,anderson,moss,lynch, or others that could possibly fall to us.

maybe i just under value his position, but he said he will not play for them, so we are holding the cards, not them.

Leave a comment:

• Spyder
    replied
    Not the first overall pick... please no

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by Shawshank24
    the redskins offering the #6 for briggs and #31 had better value and the bears turned it down, so i don't think that they'd take #21 straight up.

unless the bears really didn't want to pay the kind of money a #6 overall pick would command. idk... i don't want rosenhause players on the broncos. do we have any already? if so, they've kept quiet.
    I believe Javon's agent is Rosenhaus

Leave a comment:

Working...
X