Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*RUMOR* NFL Sirius Radio - Briggs to Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob
    great idea and all, Briggs would be a fine addition to the team...but didn't we just cut Al Wilson for cap reasons? Briggs wouldn't help that out any...of course without a first rounder, some money would be free for Briggs from that area. We could also cut stephen alexander for a bit more cap space.
    Stephen Alexander is like nothing to the cap room.

But good point on the 1st rounder.

Also, Wilson is gone and so will be Gold.

Comment

I know there are a lot of people that think getting Briggs is a great idea, especially DJ lovers because they think that bringing in Briggs will definitely mean DJ moving inside where they think he will excel. The problem with that is, Briggs wants to be "the man" like Urlacher. He might insist that he be moved to MLB. He's about the same size as Al and I would guess that he's faster.

I just don't see a trade for Briggs being worth it, especially if it doesn't at least involve swapping first round picks with the Bears.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

It would be cheaper to draft Patrick Willis than it would be bring Briggs in.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          It would be cheaper to draft Patrick Willis than it would be bring Briggs in.
          I agree... Willis is a monster as well

Comment

no need for briggs IMHO, just another high price LB that htis team has to many of as it stands right now.

Comment

i am not really down with this pick.. it does not address any needs we have
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

deal wont happen. shanahan will surprise every one with some super trade and get us somethin good!!!
                GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Broncos are 1 of 5 to have a confirmed interest in Briggs. Buccaneers are apparently the frontrunners.

http://www.fflivewire.com/Article.as...42007ays1091yt

Comment

I just don't see it happening. Denver has a good WLB, DJ will (IMO) be a very good MLB...and there are plenty of good (and cheaper!) options at SLB.

And no, I will NOT be pulled into another debate on Gold!
                    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by CSU_stat
                      I just don't see it happening. Denver has a good WLB, DJ will (IMO) be a very good MLB...and there are plenty of good (and cheaper!) options at SLB.

And no, I will NOT be pulled into another debate on Gold!
                      Lets trade GOLD TO TAMPA(OLD TEAM) for there 3rd rounder #64. Use this pick and #21 to move up and get Willis!

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado1
                        Lets trade GOLD TO TAMPA(OLD TEAM) for there 3rd rounder #64. Use this pick and #21 to move up and get Willis!
                        Nice try...but I'm three days away from a week in Cancun. I'm not going to get riled up like I did last week!

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob
                        great idea and all, Briggs would be a fine addition to the team...but didn't we just cut Al Wilson for cap reasons? Briggs wouldn't help that out any...of course without a first rounder, some money would be free for Briggs from that area. We could also cut stephen alexander for a bit more cap space.
                        Here's the other big problem: Briggs wants top-tier money, and wants to be The Man. I think DJ can be The Man here...give him the shot before going outside the team.
                        "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

So I guess were in the mix for Briggs?

I have'nt found much on a legit deal. However if Shefter is reporting us to be one of the teams then I would say it's at least possible that we are trying to aquire him. If a trade did happen then I would think we would wait till the draft when the Bears are desperate to deal him. I can only see us making a push for Briggs if we are going to move Gold along with this deal.

Also I think the Giants might end up going after Wilson instead so they should be out of the mix. The Bucs got June so I don't know how much they are willing to give up. Really I hope we don't go after him. Gold is solid were he is at and DJ is unproven in the middle.

Here is a current update. We are 1 of 5 teams interested.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ears-headlines

Briggs buzz: 5 teams are interested in Bears' LB

By David Haugh
                          Tribune staff reporter

April 24, 2007

Will Lance Briggs get the chance to excel in the Tampa-2 defense in Tampa Bay?

The Buccaneers joined the list of teams interested in the Bears' disgruntled outside linebacker, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network. If Monday is any indication—Briggs was mentioned in Internet trade rumors involving the Bucs, Giants, Broncos, Bills and Redskins — the speculation about his future will continue to fly up until this weekend's NFL draft.
                          sigpic

Comment

It says its been rumored that Denver is interested. I don't think that's a clear confirmation that Denver is actively pursuing Briggs.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              It says its been rumored that Denver is interested. I don't think that's a clear confirmation that Denver is actively pursuing Briggs.

Even so, I don't even know why we are even entertaining the thought of getting him. He is a really good player but how would he even fit in with DJ and Gold? The report said he has experience playing in the middle but if you take a guy out of his natural position it could mean a downgrade in his playing abilities.

Really if we were going to pursue another player it should have been Jenkins but we let him slip by to the Rams.
                              sigpic

Comment

I think this is very similar to the Javon Walker situation from last year. Lets see how long the bears hold out gor high value.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X