Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*RUMOR* NFL Sirius Radio - Briggs to Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawshank24
    replied
    the redskins offering the #6 for briggs and #31 had better value and the bears turned it down, so i don't think that they'd take #21 straight up.

unless the bears really didn't want to pay the kind of money a #6 overall pick would command. idk... i don't want rosenhause players on the broncos. do we have any already? if so, they've kept quiet.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    I don't really want Briggs for that price, although it would keep our LB corps the best in the league.

Leave a comment:

• Hardbodyaz
    replied
    Lance Briggs to Denver

There is hot talk about Lance Briggs comming to Denver for Denvers 1 round draft pick straight up. The Redskins deal fell through and with Lance stating he will be traded or he will sit all year is forcing the Bears to deal him. The message boards on the Bears site is stating rumors of the trade.... to be done before Saturday. DJ Williams will move to center next to Gold and Briggs will take DJ's side. Sounds like a good deal to me for just a straight up 1st round pick...no more. The was labled a francise player by the Bears this year! OH THE FUN THE WEEK BEFORE THE DRAFT!!! CHEERS

Leave a comment:

• Fat Joe
    replied
    I dont see Briggs coming to Denver unless he becomes a DE and we dont have to give up a first rounder. If its a first rounder they want, I dont think they'll get it from Denver and I dont think they'll get it anywhere, not because Briggs isnt good, but because no ones going to give up a 1st for him knowing he's essentially in a position to get what he wants, not what the Bears want to get for him. He holds out, the Bears take a bigger hit then he does.

Leave a comment:

• 24CHAMP24
    replied
    Anything at this point is possible!! Did you guys ever think we would cut Wilson?? The Broncos will get a big time player on draft day. With us being linked to so many players, we are going to get somebody!

Leave a comment:

• Neight
    replied
    The draft is definatly deeper at LB than DE. Briggs isn't worth giving up a 1st round pick when we could move D.J. inside and draft someone like Jarvis Moss who has experience playing DE and OLB.

Leave a comment:

• DenBronx
    replied
    Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
    Can Briggs play the strong side? If he can, then I'm all for getting him. Not for a 1st round pick though.

a first rounder is the only way it would happen. the bears have made that clear.

this STILL leaves a gaping hole at DE! are we going to burn a 2nd or 3rd on a rookie DE thinking that will solve the pass rush?

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by DenBronx
    Even so, I don't even know why we are even entertaining the thought of getting him. He is a really good player but how would he even fit in with DJ and Gold? The report said he has experience playing in the middle but if you take a guy out of his natural position it could mean a downgrade in his playing abilities.

Really if we were going to pursue another player it should have been Jenkins but we let him slip by to the Rams.
    I understand he is very good, but I bet he is way out of our price range.

Leave a comment:

• Navin Johnson_
    replied
    Can Briggs play the strong side? If he can, then I'm all for getting him. Not for a 1st round pick though.

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    I think this is very similar to the Javon Walker situation from last year. Lets see how long the bears hold out gor high value.

Leave a comment:

• DenBronx
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    It says its been rumored that Denver is interested. I don't think that's a clear confirmation that Denver is actively pursuing Briggs.

Even so, I don't even know why we are even entertaining the thought of getting him. He is a really good player but how would he even fit in with DJ and Gold? The report said he has experience playing in the middle but if you take a guy out of his natural position it could mean a downgrade in his playing abilities.

Really if we were going to pursue another player it should have been Jenkins but we let him slip by to the Rams.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    It says its been rumored that Denver is interested. I don't think that's a clear confirmation that Denver is actively pursuing Briggs.

Leave a comment:

• DenBronx
    replied
    So I guess were in the mix for Briggs?

I have'nt found much on a legit deal. However if Shefter is reporting us to be one of the teams then I would say it's at least possible that we are trying to aquire him. If a trade did happen then I would think we would wait till the draft when the Bears are desperate to deal him. I can only see us making a push for Briggs if we are going to move Gold along with this deal.

Also I think the Giants might end up going after Wilson instead so they should be out of the mix. The Bucs got June so I don't know how much they are willing to give up. Really I hope we don't go after him. Gold is solid were he is at and DJ is unproven in the middle.

Here is a current update. We are 1 of 5 teams interested.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ears-headlines

Briggs buzz: 5 teams are interested in Bears' LB

By David Haugh
    Tribune staff reporter

April 24, 2007

Will Lance Briggs get the chance to excel in the Tampa-2 defense in Tampa Bay?

The Buccaneers joined the list of teams interested in the Bears' disgruntled outside linebacker, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network. If Monday is any indication—Briggs was mentioned in Internet trade rumors involving the Bucs, Giants, Broncos, Bills and Redskins — the speculation about his future will continue to fly up until this weekend's NFL draft.

Leave a comment:

• CSU_stat
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado1
    Lets trade GOLD TO TAMPA(OLD TEAM) for there 3rd rounder #64. Use this pick and #21 to move up and get Willis!
    Nice try...but I'm three days away from a week in Cancun. I'm not going to get riled up like I did last week!

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob
    great idea and all, Briggs would be a fine addition to the team...but didn't we just cut Al Wilson for cap reasons? Briggs wouldn't help that out any...of course without a first rounder, some money would be free for Briggs from that area. We could also cut stephen alexander for a bit more cap space.
    Here's the other big problem: Briggs wants top-tier money, and wants to be The Man. I think DJ can be The Man here...give him the shot before going outside the team.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado1
    replied
    Originally posted by CSU_stat
    I just don't see it happening. Denver has a good WLB, DJ will (IMO) be a very good MLB...and there are plenty of good (and cheaper!) options at SLB.

And no, I will NOT be pulled into another debate on Gold!
    Lets trade GOLD TO TAMPA(OLD TEAM) for there 3rd rounder #64. Use this pick and #21 to move up and get Willis!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X