Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*RUMOR* NFL Sirius Radio - Briggs to Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Briggs play the strong side? If he can, then I'm all for getting him. Not for a 1st round pick though.

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
      Even so, I don't even know why we are even entertaining the thought of getting him. He is a really good player but how would he even fit in with DJ and Gold? The report said he has experience playing in the middle but if you take a guy out of his natural position it could mean a downgrade in his playing abilities.

Really if we were going to pursue another player it should have been Jenkins but we let him slip by to the Rams.
      I understand he is very good, but I bet he is way out of our price range.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
        Can Briggs play the strong side? If he can, then I'm all for getting him. Not for a 1st round pick though.

a first rounder is the only way it would happen. the bears have made that clear.

this STILL leaves a gaping hole at DE! are we going to burn a 2nd or 3rd on a rookie DE thinking that will solve the pass rush?
        sigpic

Comment

The draft is definatly deeper at LB than DE. Briggs isn't worth giving up a 1st round pick when we could move D.J. inside and draft someone like Jarvis Moss who has experience playing DE and OLB.

Comment

Anything at this point is possible!! Did you guys ever think we would cut Wilson?? The Broncos will get a big time player on draft day. With us being linked to so many players, we are going to get somebody!

Comment

I dont see Briggs coming to Denver unless he becomes a DE and we dont have to give up a first rounder. If its a first rounder they want, I dont think they'll get it from Denver and I dont think they'll get it anywhere, not because Briggs isnt good, but because no ones going to give up a 1st for him knowing he's essentially in a position to get what he wants, not what the Bears want to get for him. He holds out, the Bears take a bigger hit then he does.

Comment

Lance Briggs to Denver

There is hot talk about Lance Briggs comming to Denver for Denvers 1 round draft pick straight up. The Redskins deal fell through and with Lance stating he will be traded or he will sit all year is forcing the Bears to deal him. The message boards on the Bears site is stating rumors of the trade.... to be done before Saturday. DJ Williams will move to center next to Gold and Briggs will take DJ's side. Sounds like a good deal to me for just a straight up 1st round pick...no more. The was labled a francise player by the Bears this year! OH THE FUN THE WEEK BEFORE THE DRAFT!!! CHEERS

Comment

I don't really want Briggs for that price, although it would keep our LB corps the best in the league.
                  sigpic

Comment

the redskins offering the #6 for briggs and #31 had better value and the bears turned it down, so i don't think that they'd take #21 straight up.

unless the bears really didn't want to pay the kind of money a #6 overall pick would command. idk... i don't want rosenhause players on the broncos. do we have any already? if so, they've kept quiet.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
                    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank24
                      the redskins offering the #6 for briggs and #31 had better value and the bears turned it down, so i don't think that they'd take #21 straight up.

unless the bears really didn't want to pay the kind of money a #6 overall pick would command. idk... i don't want rosenhause players on the broncos. do we have any already? if so, they've kept quiet.
                      I believe Javon's agent is Rosenhaus
                      sigpic

Comment

Not the first overall pick... please no
                        sigpic

Comment

no way, he is not a 1st rdr worthy to me, yes he is sick, but will he make a bigger impact then, branch,anderson,moss,lynch, or others that could possibly fall to us.

maybe i just under value his position, but he said he will not play for them, so we are holding the cards, not them.
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I thought Javon Fired Him???????

sigpic

Comment

I thought Javon Fired Him???????

And ya if we got Briggs,We would RULE the NFL(if we stayed healthy)

And Cough Cough.... J.Moss

sigpic

Comment

Trading for just the first round I could live with. I wouldn't want to give up multiple rounds of picks, though. If somehow the cap gurus in the FO can get a deal done and a contract that makes Briggs happy, then I have to say that Briggs would be a more immediate improvement than anyone we could draft at the position.

If its true that Bears are willing to do the deal for the #21 straight up (vs the #16 value they could have gotten with the skins) could be a matter of not wanting to trade to someone they'll meet more often in the next few years. Could be value decreasing as the trade nears, and Bears are forced to take what they can get or watch a big value player ride the bench all year. Or could just be smokescreen and rumors as we've heard many in the recent days.

I'd just hope that if the deal got done that Briggs could turn around, and be a happy camper. Seems that things got turned around with Javon when he joined up with the Broncos, so I know it can happen, but nobody wants to get a cancer. Well, only five days left, then we can go from rumors about every last thing to predictions based on people running fake teams through Madden and declaring that we'll beat everyone by 50 points every game.
                                Always a Broncos fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X