Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*RUMOR* NFL Sirius Radio - Briggs to Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok what about this scenario:

If-
    Broncos are taking a LB in the first round

Do you:
    Trade 1st second and 3rd to move up and take Patrick Willis
    Or
    Take Paul Poz with 1st

Or
    Trade straight up with Briggs

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
      I believe Javon's agent is Rosenhaus

Javon dumped Rosenpimp before ever getting traded to Denver. He said it wasn't because of the negativety surrounding The Pimp...So that means it was because of the negativety surrounding The Pimp.

Comment

It be nice to have Lance but I dont want to trade our first rounder. I would rather get a Defensive Linemen. But we will see what falls through I guess.

Comment

briggs is young, proven and a prolific pro bowl machine!!!

and for the #21st pick he would be a steal!!!

my concern...

how are we going to get the cap room for a long term deal for him??

he wants a long term deal...

and a big deal...

and although he deserves it for his awesomeness, if we dont have the cap room there will be no deal...

sigpic

Comment

Got any kind of link? I don't see anything on there message boards about this

Comment

Briggs straight up for the 21st pick is an awsome deal. Honestly who could we get at 21 that would equal the known output of Briggs?? We would have the top LB Core in the NFL and we could easily go after a DE in the second or trade future picks away and remaining picks for a drafted DE or FA. This deal is far better than the prayer Denver was trying for with Calvin Johnson. WE NEED A LB and a DE....Briggs is the BEST we could ever hope for. No DE out there we could get is equal to him. So use our 21st to get him and look for a DE next. Makes perfect sense and it is possible.

Comment

If we couldnt afford Wilson there is no effing way we can squeeze Briggs in and make it work on the cap, and keep him happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardbodyaz
                  There is hot talk about Lance Briggs comming to Denver for Denvers 1 round draft pick straight up. The Redskins deal fell through and with Lance stating he will be traded or he will sit all year is forcing the Bears to deal him. The message boards on the Bears site is stating rumors of the trade.... to be done before Saturday. DJ Williams will move to center next to Gold and Briggs will take DJ's side. Sounds like a good deal to me for just a straight up 1st round pick...no more. The was labled a francise player by the Bears this year! OH THE FUN THE WEEK BEFORE THE DRAFT!!! CHEERS
                  The Bears' GM claims that the only team he has talked to about Briggs is Washington.

Even if we do get Briggs, which I seriously doubt, don't be so sure about him taking over SAM and DJ moving to the middle. Briggs wants to be "the man" like Urlacher. Briggs also isn't any bigger than DJ so there's no reason to believe he would be an upgrade at SAM. After all, Briggs is a WLB. There's a good chance that Briggs would be the Mike and DJ will still be the SAM. I'm sure if that happened, all the DJ lovers would start whining and demand that Gold be cut for the sole purpose of letting DJ play Will. The only thing DJ has going for him is that Bates has stated that he wants to get DJ more involved in the defense. That's not, however, a guarantee that it will happen if the Broncos bring in a LB that could possibly be better at MLB than DJ.
                  Last edited by broncolee; 04-25-2007, 05:54 AM.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum
                    If we couldnt afford Wilson there is no effing way we can squeeze Briggs in and make it work on the cap, and keep him happy.
                    they didnt release wilson because we couldnt afford him, but his output was not equal to his huge paycheck, and he has a serious neck issue, which is a huge risk to have when he is taking up that much cap space...

there was no guarantee he would play this season, and if he was still on our roster he would be in the same "not playing this season" position and taking up our cap...

they let him go for the good of the team...

briggs is awesome for the team...

but we do need a DE...

bad...

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind having Briggs. Let Ian Gold go and sign Cameron Vaughn to SLB or MLB and DJ will play whatever is left. Briggs is best at WLB.

Comment

im not a fan of gold...

:nono:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee
                          Briggs also isn't any bigger than DJ so there's no reason to believe he would be an upgrade at SAM. After all, Briggs is a WLB. There's a good chance that Briggs would be the Mike and DJ will still be the SAM. .

There is no reason to compare size and stuff considering both linebackers have NFL experience at the SAM. Because of this, we can compare how they did, and Briggs was much better at sheding blocks than DJ, and thats one of the primary difficulties a SAM has. Because they both have played the position, theres no need to geuss.
                          Thanks Broncos for bringing back our roided up punter .

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
                            Anyone who thinks giving up 21st pick for Briggs is a bad deal make sure to bring a friend the next time you buy a car.
                            Its not the pick but the $$$, as any friend will tell you "go ahead and get the Benz, Im not paying for it".

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                            J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                            R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Bronco
                              I thought Javon Fired Him???????

And ya if we got Briggs,We would RULE the NFL(if we stayed healthy)

And Cough Cough.... J.Moss
                              I think you're right about Javon.

Personally I think Anthony Spencer would be a better choice.
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
                                Anyone who thinks giving up 21st pick for Briggs is a bad deal make sure to bring a friend the next time you buy a car.
                                That's only part of my concern with doing it. The other is that he is going to be very expensive. So in my opinion why bring him in when we could get high quality linebacker from this year's draft.
                                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                                X