Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*RUMOR* NFL Sirius Radio - Briggs to Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why? We have greater needs at S, DT, DE, and OT. This makes no sense which means its probably true. Im having a bad feeling about this draft. It will be 2003 all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by lex
      Why? We have greater needs at S, DT, DE, and OT. This makes no sense which means its probably true. Im having a bad feeling about this draft. It will be 2003 all over again.

i honestly doubt it will be a terrible draft...but how could picking him up in the first and picking up another possible impact player in the second be bad....keep in mind im not for or against briggs im just sayin
      "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos86
        i honestly doubt it will be a terrible draft...but how could picking him up in the first and picking up another possible impact player in the second be bad....keep in mind im not for or against briggs im just sayin
        By getting Briggs and giving up the 21, its like theyre throwing up their hands...like they dont feel confident about picking at 21...and with that in mind, Im not feeling too confident about the rest of the draft either. Plus, like I said, LB isnt even a top 4 need.

Comment

• Originally posted by 85BearFan
          Sup Bronco fans? Its been a while...and from over here, still recovering from that terrible SB loss thanks to the most schizophrenic QB in league history

Whether this comes into fruition or not, I'd like to hear your thoughts about this kind of trade, that would most likely send the Broncos #21 pick (if not more) to the Bears for Lance Briggs. Keep in mind, the Bears turned down the 'Skins offer of #6 overall for Briggs + #31, a purported value of 1000 in draft points. Though, this kind of deal for the Bears would allow them to keep their #31, so there would not be as much urgency to trade down.

Bear fans reaction
          I would make this trade in a hurt beat .An impact player that could start now and improve our defense would be great.Briggs wanted to be a leader of a defense and Al Wilson is gone,so it makes since to me about the rumer.

Comment

• no thanks, he wants a tom of money and DJ is ready to be the man

Comment

The Bears also turned down the Skins #6 overall. The issue is money with the Bears, and don't want to give it to an unproven player. We have upcoming FAs to pay, that apparently are more of a priority (Briggs did reject Chicago's 6 yr 33 mil offer early last season). The Bears have to extend Tommie Harris, he's about to break bank. Peanut Tillman, Nathan Vasher, Bernard Berrian and (God help us all) Rex Grossman all need new deals. Simply put, the Bears won't pay an LB more money than Brian Urlacher, impossible.
              Maybe we can give Briggs that 600,000 that we are getting from Lelie to add to that signing bonus if we pick him up.

Comment

Sup Bronco fans? Its been a while...and from over here, still recovering from that terrible SB loss thanks to the most schizophrenic QB in league history

Whether this comes into fruition or not, I'd like to hear your thoughts about this kind of trade, that would most likely send the Broncos #21 pick (if not more) to the Bears for Lance Briggs. Keep in mind, the Bears turned down the 'Skins offer of #6 overall for Briggs + #31, a purported value of 1000 in draft points. Though, this kind of deal for the Bears would allow them to keep their #31, so there would not be as much urgency to trade down.

Bear fans reaction
                We don't have to trade places in the 1st round but kindly include your 3rd round pick please.
                Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

• I don't see this trade happening. I just don't too many reasons not too - Briggs wants a ton of money, many say he is a system LB - benefiting from the D they ran out in Chicago which I don't think Bates is asking people to adopt here (could be wrong on that) and while LB would be nice to have, we really could use help on a line that has underperformed for the past 10+ years. Dre Bly and Champ Bailey cannot carry a pass D from 21 to 5 without having some pressure applied once every 3 downs up front.

Sorry Chicago - you'll have to hold on to Briggs.
                  Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

• Originally posted by DenBronx
                    like i said before, teams are the most desperate come draft day. the packers knew they should get a lot for javon walker. imo walker was worth a 1st or early 2nd. however if a player is threatening to hold out then teams are willing to dump the guy to at least get something in return for him. we STOLE walker for a 3rd!
                    LOL! Actually, the Broncos traded the #5 pick of the second round -- #37 overall (practically a 1st round pick) to Green Bay for the rights to Javon Walker, not a 3rd round pick.

Far from being a steal, the Broncos gave up a high 2nd round pick to get Walker. Of course, he returned to pro-bowl form but he might not have, in which case the Broncos would have been big losers in the deal. It was definitely a risk, which was why Walker wasn't worth a #1 pick.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X