X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown
    Thank you for changing your mind Gridiron.

Having the Browns not pick Peterson doesn't mean the Browns won't get a running back. There are other RB's in later rounds and the Browns could even wait till next year. That's all good that Crennel likes Quinn based off of Weiss. However, Crennel isn't making the pick and it is Phil Savage that is. Savage has repeatedly said that drafting a QB does not make an impact on a team because that player has to sit. He wants players than will help right away and it is Joe Thomas who would. The offensive line has been horrid since the return and the presence of Thomas would immediately make the line far better this year and even better next year (if LeCharles returns).

Also, to say that Jamal Lewis is not starting material in the NFL is bunk. He has proven himself in the NFL over his career and should have another 1000 yard season w/ Cleveland. To help that the Browns have even signed Alan Ricard, Lewis' odl blacking buddy. That there should help right away, though I personally like Terrelle Smith and know he will be sorely missed. However, Ricard already knows Lewis' style and will help Lewis out.
    I understand what your saying, but after updating my mock today im literally torn
    on who Cleveland will take.. .whether is AP or JT im not sure.. .The easy pick would
    be AP since then the Cards would have someone they care about available for
    thier pick and then the Skins would be the ones trading down.... But with JT gone
    then Arizona has no one on thier radar except for Levi Brown who they can get
    later.... Hence the trade i put on there today although im still debating on who i
    think the Browns will take.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Thank you for changing your mind Gridiron.

Having the Browns not pick Peterson doesn't mean the Browns won't get a running back. There are other RB's in later rounds and the Browns could even wait till next year. That's all good that Crennel likes Quinn based off of Weiss. However, Crennel isn't making the pick and it is Phil Savage that is. Savage has repeatedly said that drafting a QB does not make an impact on a team because that player has to sit. He wants players than will help right away and it is Joe Thomas who would. The offensive line has been horrid since the return and the presence of Thomas would immediately make the line far better this year and even better next year (if LeCharles returns).

Also, to say that Jamal Lewis is not starting material in the NFL is bunk. He has proven himself in the NFL over his career and should have another 1000 yard season w/ Cleveland. To help that the Browns have even signed Alan Ricard, Lewis' odl blacking buddy. That there should help right away, though I personally like Terrelle Smith and know he will be sorely missed. However, Ricard already knows Lewis' style and will help Lewis out.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by bjoli198
    Cleveland have JAmal Lewis, they don+t have a screeming need for a RB

I almost wrote Jamal Anderson, but it was a few years since he wuit
    Jamal Lewis is not a set starter, yet, for Cleveland... Plus what the other two said...

One thing i did just realize though is that i dont have Leon Hall going in the first round....

I will have to go back over my draft to see if thats right.

Leave a comment:

• Navin Johnson_
    replied
    Originally posted by CSU_stat
    It's a one-year deal, and Jamal Lewis is NOT the back he once was. Cleveland's RB situation is shaky this year, and bad thereafter.

and talents like Adrian Peterson don't come around too often.

Leave a comment:

• CSU_stat
    replied
    Originally posted by bjoli198

It's a one-year deal, and Jamal Lewis is NOT the back he once was. Cleveland's RB situation is shaky this year, and bad thereafter.

Leave a comment:

• bjoli198
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp
    No one, at least IMO besides Cleveland has a screaming need for RB. A few teams
    could use one, but they have bigger needs and there is a good player out there
    to fufill them. I still think he will be the second best offensive player out of this
    draft, but he just cant find a home until Houstan comes up. But watch out for
    either Minnisota or the Buccs to throw a sneaky move in there and grab him.

Leave a comment:

• CSU_stat
    replied
    Originally posted by Colorado Bronch
    I would much rather trade down and get Leron Landry IF we are going Safety in the first round. Though only if we can nab some DL help in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Denver would need to trade UP quite a bit to get Landry.

Leave a comment:

• Navin Johnson_
    replied
    Originally posted by Colorado Bronch
    I would much rather trade down and get Leron Landry IF we are going Safety in the first round. Though only if we can nab some DL help in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Me too. Then I would take Amobi Okoye in the 2nd, and hope Patrick Willis falls to the third.

Leave a comment:

• Colorado Bronch
    replied
    21 Denver Broncos: Reggie Nelson - S Fl
    I would much rather trade UP and get Leron Landry IF we are going Safety in the first round. Though only if we can nab some DL help in the 2nd and 3rd round.

bah mispoke, thanks for the fix
    Last edited by Colorado Bronch; 04-24-2007, 02:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CSU_stat
    replied
    Originally posted by GridironChamp
    This is assuming that Culpepper is released, and Green is traded to Miami... which would result in Okland picking up Dante. If this does happen, i think alot less trades would be made seeming everyone, at least in the top 10, has a good shot at one of thier top 2 guys.

Okay, I can buy this. Still a lot of assumptions, but that's pretty much the norm for ANY sort of mock draft. And I agree, it does kinda smooth out those top 5-6 picks.

Detroit trading Josh McCown to Oakland would accomplish much the same Top 6.

Just a little matter of all the cards falling the right way now, I guess. :o)

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown
    You know full well how I feel about your mock.
    I do i do, but here is why i think the Browns will pick Quinn if he's there....

I saw about 2 or 3 articles when i was researching whle making this that said that
    Romeo liked what he has heard from and seen out of Brady. The articles were
    explaining to me why Frye wont work, and how Anderson isnt the right answer...

I was still unsure on your pick... then i heard this on ESPN ... "With the Trent Green
    trade to Miami making no more progress, it has been expressed by the Browns
    organization that they would like to aqquire Trent Green." Now, i dont think Cleveland
    will out bid Miami where Green wants to play, but that tells me right there that you
    guys are looking QB, at least IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    You know full well how I feel about your mock.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
    That's a pretty awesome mock.

AP is projected/thought of to be the "Matt Leinart" of this draft.

Projected to go at number 3 but falls to number 10.
    No one, at least IMO besides Cleveland has a screaming need for RB. A few teams
    could use one, but they have bigger needs and there is a good player out there
    to fufill them. I still think he will be the second best offensive player out of this
    draft, but he just cant find a home until Houstan comes up. But watch out for
    either Minnisota or the Buccs to throw a sneaky move in there and grab him.

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by elwayfan2k
    I hope your wrong about our pick. Also i dont think Peterson will slip that far.
    PLus as much as KC needs one i dont think you guys are drafting a WR.
    Good stuff thogh FYI some of the colors are hard to read
    Well see, i was trying not to focus on who i think a team wants before thier pick.
    I tried doing it pick by pick, and with all DLs, whos value surpass or come close
    to Nelson's, had been taken. I then looked for a LB, but i was looking more MLB
    and nothing popped up, so it came down to Merriwether or Nelson... with Beason
    being and outside shot. Nelson is a playmaking Saftey that could complete your
    guys secondary.

Again, i was trying to think more based upon what a team needed for thier pick
    and for KC it came down to Ginn, Jarret, or Harrell. Under the assumption that
    Ginn is there i would hope KC is dealing off the third rounder and Hall for Kris
    Jenkins
    filling hte DT spot and leaving the KR spot open for competition against Jeff Webb.
    Ginn could be a #2 option and return kicks successfully.

Leave a comment:

• NickTranOwnz
    replied
    That's a pretty awesome mock.

AP is projected/thought of to be the "Matt Leinart" of this draft.

Projected to go at number 3 but falls to number 10.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X