Calvin Johnson. Make the Trade or dont?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rcsodak
    Here's what I heard....tell me if my ears deserted me.

Trade away:
    1. This year's #1
    2. This year's #2
    3. This year's #3 (of 2)
    4. NEXT year's #1

Now explain to me, in a sensical manner, HOW this one guy can be worth 2yrs worth of the draft, because that's what it is.

He gets injured the first day of camp, Denver has NOTHING to show for themselves.
    He turns into Asshlee, Denver wastes yet another WR pick.

I didn't think Herschel Walker was worth the lost draft picks, and a RB will have way more opportunities to touch a ball than a WR will.

If this goes down, Shanny's on his last legs, imho.
    Agreed. Can any player be worth this much? Maybe... But WR isnt our biggest need anyways.

Fallout from the trade:

We go into the season with the same DL as last year. No wait, thats right, we added Alvin McKinley. Someone remind me what team he played for last year?

We go into the season with both of our starting OT's coming off injury, and Erik Pears backing them both up.

We go into the season with Nate Webster as a starting linebacker, with Louis Green backing him, and the inexistent Ian Gold, up.

Peyton Manning slaughters our defense again, as he sits in the pocket 8 seconds at a time. They cant stop us, but we cant stop him, AGAIN.

Im pretty sure were better off this being dead...

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
      Trade for Cutler cost: 3rd, 3rd, 4th
      Trade for Johnson would cost: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
      Cancel out a third from each scenario and you get difference in opportunity cost:
      Cutler = 3rd & 4th
      Johnson = 1st & 2nd

So, maybe you consider and 3rd and 4th rounder for a potential franchise QB to be a similar value of a 1st and 2nd rounder for a potentially great wide receiver. But I sure do not.
      Ya I guess it is a little more expensive than I thought.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
      X