Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the Rumors about Johnson, Briggs, and Jenkins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the Rumors about Johnson, Briggs, and Jenkins...

Here is my take.

First and foremost, I don't want to give up the entire Denver Bronco Organization's future for any one player. So here is what I propose.

If we want to acquire Lance Briggs, here is what I suggest....

We trade Ian Gold, our 2008 4th round pick, our 2007 6th round pick(176 overall), our other 2007 6th round pick(198 overall) and our 2007 7th round pick(233 overall) for Lance Briggs. This frees up cap space for Lance Briggs and means Denver fans only have to watch the NFL draft on Saturday. WHOO HOO!!

We trade our 2007 3rd round pick(86 overall) to Carolina for Kris Jenkins. If they want more, we offer a conditional 2008 6th or 7th round pick. Nothing more. I am not extremely sold on his health, so to offer more is absurd.

We trade our 2007 2nd round pick(56 overall), our 2008 1st round pick, and our 2010 1st round pick to Detriot for their 1st round pick(2 overall). This gives them two 1st rounders and a 2nd for their 1st rounder, and it also staggers our loss of a first rounder. This allows them to build well for at least the next 2 years. This allows us to get an outstanding playmaker in Calvin Johnson.

Then our picks we be the following:

1st round - 2nd overall - Calvin Johnson, WR
    1st round - 21st overall - Adam Carriker, DE, or Jammal Anderson, DE, or Anthony Spencer, DE, or Quentin Moses, DE
    3rd round - 70th overall - John Wendling, S or Eric Weddle, S

So, although highly unlikely, how many would be satisfied with the following scenario?
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

i dont really have an opinion to be really honest with you...

sigpic

Comment

I just hope that one of the three happen!

Comment

I would cry like a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
          I would cry like a baby.
          i would hold you in my arms like one...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diesel51
            Here is my take.

First and foremost, I don't want to give up the entire Denver Bronco Organization's future for any one player. So here is what I propose.

We trade Ian Gold, our 2008 4th round pick, our 2007 6th round pick(176 overall), our other 2007 6th round pick(198 overall) and our 2007 7th round pick(233 overall) for Lance Briggs. This frees up cap space for Lance Briggs and means Denver fans only have to watch the NFL draft on Saturday. WHOO HOO!!

We trade our 2007 3rd round pick(86 overall) to Carolina for Kris Jenkins. If they want more, we offer a conditional 2008 6th or 7th round pick. Nothing more. I am not extremely sold on his health, so to offer more is absurd.

We trade our 2007 2nd round pick(56 overall), our 2008 1st round pick, and our 2010 1st round pick to Detriot for their 1st round pick(2 overall). This gives them two 1st rounders and a 2nd for their 1st rounder, and it also staggers our loss of a first rounder. This allows them to build well for at least the next 2 years. This allows us to get an outstanding playmaker in Calvin Johnson.

1st round - 21st overall - Adam Carriker, DE, or Jammal Anderson, DE, or Anthony Spencer, DE, or Quentin Moses, DE

So, although highly unlikely, how many would be satisfied with the following scenario?
            No I wouldn't be satisfied with that scenario. For one thing Briggs wants big bucks and giving late second day picks isn't going to give us the cap space.

On a more positive note this creative.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

This is a good idea but on espn they keep saying the lions what to draft Gaines Adams and he is predicted to go 5-6 overall. So how about we trade for the redskins pick then trade that for the lions pick. It would cost us most if not all our draft picks plus 1 or 2 picks next year. I know this is a long shot but just an idea.
              Best in the West

Comment

Originally posted by rtomaine25
                This is a good idea but on espn they keep saying the lions what to draft Gaines Adams and he is predicted to go 5-6 overall. So how about we trade for the redskins pick then trade that for the lions pick. It would cost us most if not all our draft picks plus 1 or 2 picks next year. I know this is a long shot but just an idea.
                Saints did this same thing and it blew up in their face.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Here is my take.

Now, if we did this, the trade of Ian Gold would free up some cap space to sign Briggs, and then we would move DJ to the Gold's old spot, Briggs at MLB, and then play Webster at DJ's old spot.

However, to be completely honest, I'd rather just stay where we are at unless we can stockpile picks.

Comment

Trading Gold would eat up cap space not free it up. He is only two years removed from a heafty SB.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Now, if we did this, the trade of Ian Gold would free up some cap space to sign Briggs, and then we would move DJ to the Gold's old spot, Briggs at MLB, and then play Webster at DJ's old spot.

However, to be completely honest, I'd rather just stay where we are at unless we can stockpile picks.
                      Briggs isn't a MLB.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007
                        Trading Gold would eat up cap space not free it up. He is only two years removed from a heafty SB.
                        Wasn't exactly sure how that worked. Okay, so that might not be the answer.

Comment

If all of that were to happen, how would we be able to sign Calvin Johnson to a #2 salary. Broncos would be talented, but bankrupt. If we're gonna make a move, our only move should be for either Jenkins or CJ. I perfer Jenkins because we won't have to give up the house for him.

Comment

Originally posted by bengaaaaals1688
                            Briggs isn't a MLB.

Neither is DJ, but the talk is moving him there. If I am not mistaken, Briggs is bigger, so why not try him there instead.

Comment

Neither is DJ, but the talk is moving him there. If I am not mistaken, Briggs is bigger, so why not try him there instead.
                              The way Briggs plays I don't think he would be able to play MLB well. That is just my personal opinion, though. It is possible, but I think DJ even if he is smaller is better suited for the switch.

Sig by Sky.:salute:

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.:coffee:

Comment

Working...
                              X