Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mike Shanahan goin to do a kRAzY trade in the first round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if Shanahan has a history of diversion on the draft, and CJ and some of the other big names have been mentioned, expect the opposit to happen.

My two cents would be that he trades down because it hasn't been hyped, and looks to add more solid players from the second and third rounds. There some quality players in that portion of the draft, and getting a couple more would be more of an impact on this team for years to come.

Would like to see CJ here? heck yes; will it happen? I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
      i would die from pure joy if that happened
      If we did somehow get that done, we could even trade the number 2 to tampa and still take thomas at number 4. that way we could get a couple extra draft picks.
      09-17-08: OFFICIALLY BACKING JARVIS MOSS TO TURN INTO ONE HELL OF A DEFENSIVE END WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.-we are all allowed one mistake, right?

Loved McD 's first full FA. Can't wait to see the draft.

2010 Draft WISHlist:

Any center since we don't have one.

Comment

he will be aggressive but not like he was last year, trading up for cutler!
        GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

either carriker or ginn jr. will fall to us, or we're moving up to take patrick willis

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
            Just watch.

We sell the farm, end up getting into a spot where we have the 2nd pick

Calvin Johnson is still on the board.

And we take Joe Thomas

just watch!
            I dunno man!. We passin on CJs talent... Cutler will cry. I would. Eventhough his blind-side could not have better protection as far as I know.

Comment

shannys wild trade scenarios

i hope shanny stays put and uses all the broncos picks or moves down to acquire more there is no way in hell we will be able to get C.J. ! DON'T MORTGAGE THE FUTURE BUILD AND BUILD THIS TEAM THE RIGHT WAY FOR TWO TO THREE YEARS DOWN THE ROAD !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                I agree. I've been saying this all day. Who says Johnson is the target? It could even be gaines adams. I can tell you this. No one on this board knows what's up Shanny's sleeve. That's why I pay more attention to those players not mentioned. People dont even know what Shanny feels are the teams positions of need. Furthermore, I dont think our front office cares about need in the first round. I think they go with the best player they can get their hands on.
                That's an important point.

Look at those that:
                1) Don't appear at #21 on the "expert" mocks
                2) Haven't been rumored to be a target if we trade up
                3) Have not had a 'pre-draft' visit to Denver

...and, that's who we're picking. In Shanny's time here the only 1st pick that I wasn't surprised with was DJ Williams; and that's only because of the heated and informed analysis that I read on this board. To everybody else it was a surprise (it was going to be Stephen Jackson, remember?) but some here had correctly narrowed it down to DJ. Additionally, our first picks are usually surprised to hear Denver call their name (a la Cutler, et al)

Shanny has never telegraphed his first move and I don't see him changing his ways this year.

Where ya been, bleed?
                Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                  That's an important point.

Look at those that:
                  1) Don't appear at #21 on the "expert" mocks
                  2) Haven't been rumored to be a target if we trade up
                  3) Have not had a 'pre-draft' visit to Denver

...and, that's who we're picking. In Shanny's time here the only 1st pick that I wasn't surprised with was DJ Williams; and that's only because of the heated and informed analysis that I read on this board. To everybody else it was a surprise (it was going to be Stephen Jackson, remember?) but some here had correctly narrowed it down to DJ. Additionally, our first picks are usually surprised to hear Denver call their name (a la Cutler, et al)

Shanny has never telegraphed his first move and I don't see him changing his ways this year.

Where ya been, bleed?
                  I bet Shanny gives GM's fits on draft day. Shanny has got to be one of the most unpredictable on draft day.

Man I've been lurking. I'm getting amped up for the next season. We have a new offense and I cant wait to see it. Can you believe Shanny has revamped the whole offense in two years. I think I want Shanny to go after an Offensive lineman. I'd be ok with a dlineman though.

Comment

I think Shanny will move up as high as he can and take Adam Carriker or Okaye. I wouldn't mind Joe Thomas but because the fact that we have Bly and Champ as corners i think alot of teams will run it against us. Therefore we need an Impact DE in this draft
                    Twitter: @FFB_Hitman88

Comment

Giving up your whole draft for one player is absurd....Look at the Saints and what they did for Ricky Williams.

I would much rather take all of our selections and hope that more than one could contribute to the team. There are a lot of players that are selected in the mid rounds that have turned into great players Schaub 3rd Round 2004, Berrian 3rd round 2004, Jericho Cotchery 4th round 2004, Jared Allen 4th round 2004 and Michael Turner 5th round 2004.

Look at 2005:

Frank Gore 3rd, Foxworth 3rd, Brandon Jacobs 4th, Marion Barber 4th and the big one in 2006 Marques Colston 7th.

The possibilities are endless, and every once in a while you find a Pro Bowler (Brady and Davis)

I cannot fathom giving up our whole draft for one player when the odds are in our favor to find a gem in the middle rounds as we always do.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X