Spencer/Timmons/Griffin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spencer/Timmons/Griffin

Though I would absolutely love for the broncos to trade up for Patrick Willis, I would be very happy if we picked between Anthony Spencer, DE, Lawrence Timmons, LB, or Michael Griffin, S.

While I overlooked these guys before, I was very impressed with their highlight videos and athleticism. How do you guys think they would fit in our scheme??

My opinion

Spencer > Moss
    Timmons > Beason
    Griffin > Nelson (for us)

i am not a big fan of nelson and griffin is starting to look a little better ..
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Moss > Spencer
      Timmons > Beason
      Nelson > Griffin

I think Moss is the prototype DE for Bate's scheme. He is a speed rusher. Once he gains a little weight, he will be a true force in the NFL.

Timmons is simply a better prospect than Beason. More upside and fewer injuries.

Nelson is exactly the type of safety we need IMO: A deep cover safety. He also needs to bulk up some though.

Comment

Originally posted by DTownNative
        Though I would absolutely love for the broncos to trade up for Patrick Willis, I would be very happy if we picked between Anthony Spencer, DE, Lawrence Timmons, LB, or Michael Griffin, S.

While I overlooked these guys before, I was very impressed with their highlight videos and athleticism. How do you guys think they would fit in our scheme??

My opinion

Spencer > Moss
        Timmons > Beason
        Griffin > Nelson (for us)
        Spencer is a 3-4 player, at least that what he seems like. So i think he would be
        a bad pick for you all.

Timmons is the best OLB in the draft, and would be a better pick than Beason...
        But he should be gone.

Nelson > Griffen easily, in just about every aspect... Perfect fit along with Lynch
        IMO. But you could opt to trade down a few picks and go with Merriwether and
        have a very feared saftey group.. cuz IMO Merriwether will be > Landry.
        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
          Moss > Spencer
          Timmons > Beason
          Nelson > Griffin

I think Moss is the prototype DE for Bate's scheme. He is a speed rusher. Once he gains a little weight, he will be a true force in the NFL.

Timmons is simply a better prospect than Beason. More upside and fewer injuries.

Nelson is exactly the type of safety we need IMO: A deep cover safety. He also needs to bulk up some though.
          I wouldnt mind Nelson... I just think he plays high risk high reward... and in the NFL, there is high potential to get burned. Griffin plays smart and with solid strength/size

Comment

I really like Griffin and am intrigued about Spencer.

Timmons is a great athlete but i feel better about the L.B. position, than i do about DE and Safety.

Griffin brings a nice package with him that i think can really help this defense and ST.

Comment

Anthony Spencer is the guy I hope we draft in the first round.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                Anthony Spencer is the guy I hope we draft in the first round.
                i agree 100% spencer will be a stud
                Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
                Supporting this staff!
                Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life
                  i agree 100% Spencer will be a stud
                  From the draft analysis I read Spencer would be an ideal fit for what Bates like to do with the defense.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

man ive been saying that since everybody else hopped on the damn moss bandwagon. they are not evn on the same level if you compare stats and productin. all moss has is the National Championship game because nobidy decided to block him.

besides to whoever said moss is the typical bates DE all your comparing that too is jason taylor, thats one player thats been in bates system. besides spencer is faster than moss by about 6-7 seconds in the 40. yes the 40 doesnt mater blah blah and no DE runs 40 yards. but many OL in college said spencer was hell to go against.

and while we're comparing moss to taylor why dont we compare spencer to freeney hes built almost exactly alike and i feel have similar personalities based on the interviews ive watched.

i am really pulling for spencer or griffen in the first
                    sigpic
                    -------

Comment

I really like Jon Beason, wonder if he'll make it to the second round where we could pick him up. Seems like a smart and aggresive player, and if we draft a big D-line guy, i think he can be a great rusher to take up outside linebacker. Dumervile proves that the little guys can still make a difference.

Comment

I think in terms of overall talent Merriwether is up there with Landry, I think if he lands in a good secondary he'll ended being the best of the group

Comment

I don't understand why alot of people are talking about getting a LB early. I think last year showed we do not need 3 elite LB's right now. That did very little for pressuring the QB last year, and even worse 1 of the 3 will not be in half the time when we play nickel (which we do (did) frequently. For SLB we can get by with an average player. While I would love to have 3 great LB's always, it just seems that is no where near the type of need we have on the D-line.
                          We need nasty

Comment

I would love to get Spencer, but at 21 I believe is a bit of a reach. If we could make a trade with say the Saints at 27 it would work out great. Along we receiving a 3rd or 4th round pick. I just hope Shanny doesn't go the for a pick OFF the charts, ie Middlebrooks.

Comment

Originally posted by SBAlki
                              I don't understand why alot of people are talking about getting a LB early. I think last year showed we do not need 3 elite LB's right now. That did very little for pressuring the QB last year, and even worse 1 of the 3 will not be in half the time when we play nickel (which we do (did) frequently. For SLB we can get by with an average player. While I would love to have 3 great LB's always, it just seems that is no where near the type of need we have on the D-line.
                              Fast LB core makes it very difficult to run on the outside...we do need D-line badly, I just figure that with as many high potential DE/DT's in the draft, and only a handful of effective ILB/OLB's, it wouldnt be bad to consider LB in the first round, provided we pick D-line 2nd and 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                              X