why trading down can work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why trading down can work

did you see last weeks show on nfl network "best draft classes" they showed the san francisco's 1986 draft class which was obtained by trading down, they got guys like Tom rathman, tim mckyer, John taylor,larry roberts,Charles haley,kevin fagan. that draft was Bill walsh's mastepiece, so it can be done.Since the broncos need both starters and DEPTH getting more picks may be the answer.I don't want to waste a pick where we have to give up picks to move up (calvin johnson ?) trade down and draft defense i know SHANAHAN is an offensive guy but the organization has to become MORE DEFENSE ORIENTED. so trade down or out for picks next year.

If

If there is no way the broncos can possibly trade for CJ, Laron Landry, Joe Thomas or Patrick Willis, then I say trade down, without a doubt. If we trade down, we COULD add another second, and possibly two third round picks. That would be six first day picks, plus a fifth sixth and seventh, that would be 9 picks in the draft. think of who all we could get on day one. in the second round, we could get guys like Quentin moses, charles Johnson Victor abamiri, tank tyler, sidney rice, tim crower, turk mcbride, dameon hughes, and a lot of other really good players. In the third we could take guys like kenny irons, michael bush, tony hunt, brandon siler, Josh gattis, brandon mebane, quinn pitock, sabby piscitelli.

We could definitley get a lot of great players if we traded down. I got to lookin the other day and most of the dominant defensive ends were not taken in the first round. so all of the people who think drafting an end on the first day may want to consider this come saturday if we dont take an end in the first.
    09-17-08: OFFICIALLY BACKING JARVIS MOSS TO TURN INTO ONE HELL OF A DEFENSIVE END WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.-we are all allowed one mistake, right?

Loved McD 's first full FA. Can't wait to see the draft.

2010 Draft WISHlist:

Any center since we don't have one.

Comment

Trading down makes sense, but the problem is finding willing participants, to make the trades with.
      Last edited by Rackman; 04-23-2007, 10:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

the only way I wanna trade down, is that we get atleast an 08 1st rounder included in the trade for more flexibility next year. It hard always drafting in the 20's, this way if we wanna move up and grab a bad ass next year. Bottom line is that I want CJ, so give up the farm or break it up between this year and next years draft.

Comment

I think if one of the top corners starts to slide (Revis, Hall, Houston) we might get some interest from New Orleans, Baltimore, or the Jets trying to jump ahead of KC and Dallas to land them.

The 49ers also need help at WR, so they might be willing to trade back into the first round to grab Bowe, Jarrett, Meachem, or Steve Smith (depending on how the board falls), and they have plenty of first day picks to move around with.

The Bears might want to move up and grab Harrell or Branch since they don't know if Tank Johnson is going to be suspended.

There has been talk this week (can't remember if I read it or saw it on TV) that whichever team in the top 3 doesn't get Quinn or Russell could move up to grab one of the second tier guys.

So there are possibilities, but it is going to depend on how the first round plays out.
          I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

Originally posted by Rackman
            Trading down makes sense, but the problem is finding willing participants, to make the trades with.

what he said
            My Adopted Bronco is Marcus Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Rackman
              The best case scenario would be:

Oakland taking CJ, leaving TB still needing a WR after they use #4 pick. TB trades #35 and #64 (820 pts) for #21 pick. Trade #56 & 70 for #36

Denver has: 35, 36, 64, 86 on the first day.

#35 Griffin/Meriweather
              #36 Moss/Spencer
              #64 To Carolina for Jenkins
              #86 Alleman/Marten

Hope that makes everyone happy

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007
                The best case scenario would be:

Oakland taking CJ, leaving TB still needing a WR after they use #4 pick. TB trades #35 and #64 (820 pts) for #21 pick. Trade #56 & 70 for #36

Denver has: 35, 36, 64, 86 on the first day.

#35 Griffin/Meriweather
                #36 Moss/Spencer
                #64 To Carolina for Jenkins
                #86 Alleman/Marten

Hope that makes everyone happy
                YES! (except meriweather, character issues, but hes good)
                #64 Apparently the Rams got Jenkins, so who do you replace there? Rodgers?
                This would solve the Def. issues for sure.

Comment

we have bates as de-co now, you're going to get all the defensive mindedness you want

Comment

Working...
                  X