No announcement yet.

Deal with Lions dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BummmainyourmouthCanuckfanWABroncoisdumblolidoiots ...MOCK.MOCK.

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
      Oh well, moving on......:paper:

Yep.. even pipe dreams go away.
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

If Mike Shanahan wants CJ enough, he'll find a way to get him.

But it is rather unlikely.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

what denver fan wanted to move up to #2? that would be a horrible move.... CJ is a great player and probably the best player in this years draft but its not worth every pick we have to get one a WR... we dont need a WR, if anything we have to many widereceivers

A much smarter move for us would be moving up to get Gaines Adams or Amobi Okoye

or even Laron Landry
          sigpic

Comment

Back to Madden for me

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRy
              I hope they can trade up but Im quite happy the deal is dead. History says completely mortgaging the future for one player doesn't seem to work. See trades for Hershel Walker and Ricky Williams. The Broncos need depth. The Pats have proven a good draft giving your team depth is the way to go.
              Agreed! I have yet to see any deal that cost one tem 5-6 picks for one work out. I would much rather take 5-6 guys and take my chances 2 work out.
              Ask Dallas about dumb deals? Ask the saints with coach D?

NO THANKS!
              ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu
                what denver fan wanted to move up to #2? that would be a horrible move.... CJ is a great player and probably the best player in this years draft but its not worth every pick we have to get one a WR... we dont need a WR, if anything we have to many widereceivers

A much smarter move for us would be moving up to get Gaines Adams or Amobi Okoye

or even Laron Landry
                Hey man, are you at APP ST?

Im in Asheville.
                ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

Patrick Willis??? or Amobi Okoye- take your pick

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu

or even Laron Landry
                    damnnn... Laron Landry with Lynch, Bailey and Bly!

Comment

Oh well, time for plan B...

GAINES ADAMS!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperD77
                        http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5735840

Broncos fans should stop dreaming about wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

An NFL source says the Detroit Lions will trade their No. 2 overall draft pick, but will entertain offers only from teams with picks 3 through 10. That means the Broncos, with their No. 21 pick, likely are too far away to move up and get Johnson, the Georgia Tech star who is widely regarded as the draft's most cherished prize.

"Try to find a negative on him," said Jeffrey Foster, president of the NFL scouting service. "It's hard to do."

The Broncos made two trade proposals last month for the Lions' No. 2 pick, but were rebuffed. The chances of revisiting a deal for Johnson on draft day this weekend diminished with the Lions' decision to stay within the top 10 picks.

The Broncos could move up to the No. 10 pick by trading their first-round pick, second- round pick and one of their two third-round picks to the Houston Texans. But at that point, the Broncos likely wouldn't have enough left to deal with Detroit.

The only way the Broncos likely could get Johnson is if teams picking No. 3 through 10 don't make a serious bid for the Lions' No. 2 choice. That appears unlikely. There have been numerous reports that Tampa Bay, which has the No. 4 pick, will make a serious play for Johnson.
                        Come on Shanny, stay put and get a DE at 21 and keep all of this years picks, if anything happens i hope its just Plummer getting his sorry ass in gear and report to Tampa before the draft so we can get that 4th rounder this year!
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                          Come on Shanny, stay put and get a DE at 21 and keep all of this years picks, if anything happens i hope its just Plummer getting his sorry ass in gear and report to Tampa before the draft so we can get that 4th rounder this year!
                          Agreed. Stay at #21 and grab te best DLman who falls. CJ is an unbelievable prospect, maybe the most flawless prospect Ive ever seen, but he's not going to help us generate the pass rush that kept us out of the Super Bowl 2 years ago, and allowed Peyton to roll through us every year for the past 5 seasons. Ill settle for a guy who will help us get over that hump

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

This only convinces me that the three potential trading partners for Detroit at pick 2 are:

Tampa Bay #4
                            Minnesota #7 (2 second Rounders)
                            Atlanta #8 (2 Second Rounders)

This provided he slips by Oakland (also unlikely).

Culpepper's days are numbered in Miami and unless Daunte wants to keep his shame, he won't joy them, but I guarentee that Al Davis will be pleasuring himself at the prospect of getting a healthy Culpepper.

With that, he might not have to gamble on Russell and it gives a better player to develop Andrew Walter, should they choose to do that.

If Culpepper signs with them, provided Miami expectantly releases him in an impending Trent Green trade, Calvin may go to Oakland, and then Detroit is stuck in quite a predicament.
                            sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                            Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria
                              Yep.. even pipe dreams go away.
                              What?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRy
                                I hope they can trade up but Im quite happy the deal is dead. History says completely mortgaging the future for one player doesn't seem to work. See trades for Hershel Walker and Ricky Williams. The Broncos need depth. The Pats have proven a good draft giving your team depth is the way to go.

the Herschel walker trade was the greatest in history gave the cowgirls enough players to win a bunch of Superbowl's. And ironically Herschel was on the team for a couple of them after the morons in Minn cut him

Comment

Working...
                                X