Deal with Lions dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JRWIZ
    the Herschel walker trade was the greatest in history gave the cowgirls enough players to win a bunch of Superbowl's. And ironically Herschel was on the team for a couple of them after the morons in Minn cut him
    Off topic, but seeing Herschel's name makes this Georgia fan happy!! Greatest freshman running back (maybe greatest running back) in college football history!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
      This only convinces me that the three potential trading partners for Detroit at pick 2 are:

Tampa Bay #4
      Minnesota #7 (2 second Rounders)
      Atlanta #8 (2 Second Rounders)

This provided he slips by Oakland (also unlikely).

Culpepper's days are numbered in Miami and unless Daunte wants to keep his shame, he won't joy them, but I guarentee that Al Davis will be pleasuring himself at the prospect of getting a healthy Culpepper.

With that, he might not have to gamble on Russell and it gives a better player to develop Andrew Walter, should they choose to do that.

If Culpepper signs with them, provided Miami expectantly releases him in an impending Trent Green trade, Calvin may go to Oakland, and then Detroit is stuck in quite a predicament.
      N.E. may be a possibility too.

2 1st rounders to bargain with may be enticing to Detriot in a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
        Something tells me it was dead yesterday, and the day before and the day before and...........
        I've been arguing this for a solid week now, and fools keep making inane posts on the boards about "wouldn't it be cool. . . ."

Yeah, well it "would be cool" if the Broncos got Peyton Manning too, but that doesn't mean you should start a thread about every nonsensical idea that pops into your head!

Denver explored trading for the Lions pick back in January. The Lions rejected both Denver offers. This trade has been dead for months now!

In fairness to the Lions, the Denver offers totally stunk! Denver's 1st, 2nd and 3rd this year and a first round pick next year is not much compensation for the #2 overall pick.

Plus, the entire trade was contingent on Oakland NOT taking Calvin Johnson with the #1 pick. So, the Lions pick would be tied up in a trade, so they couldn't trade down, but Denver would be able to cancel the trade if Johnson were gone, leaving the Lions to twist slowly in the wind!

No wonder Matt Millen said "No way!"

They are in MUCH better shape if they trade with the Bucs and pick up a 2nd round pick or something. That way they could let the Bucs take Johnson, then they could draft either Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas with the #4 pick and pay a LOT less money to him. Win, win, win for the Lions who don't want to spend another top 5 pick on a WR anyway!

At some point, if you're the Lions you have to stop drafting WRs!

That's a MUCH better deal for them than taking Denver's #21 pick and getting stuck with the kind of player they could easily get in the 2nd round!
        Last edited by Cugel; 04-24-2007, 04:23 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

I would take Ginn, cause he could return punts as well.It wouldnt hurt me if we didnt sign Calvin Johnson.We never had him in the first place ,no love loss their.

Comment

[Yeah, well it "would be cool" if the Broncos got Peyton Manning too, but that doesn't mean you should start a thread about every nonsensical idea that pops into your head!

awe come on cugel grow a skin man.
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
              I've been arguing this for a solid week now, and fools keep making inane posts on the boards about "wouldn't it be cool. . . ."

Yeah, well it "would be cool" if the Broncos got Peyton Manning too, but that doesn't mean you should start a thread about every nonsensical idea that pops into your head!
              How dare anybody want to entertain anybody else.
              How dare anybody have wishful thinking.
              How dare anybody not "fall in line" with everybody else.

Damn you people!

Oh wait, on second thought.............if YOU don't like the thread.....why not just stay out of it.

-Disagreeing with someone's point or opinion is one thing.....to beyotch about it and call people names is another!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes7
                How dare anybody want to entertain anybody else.
                How dare anybody have wishful thinking.
                How dare anybody not "fall in line" with everybody else.

Damn you people!

Oh wait, on second thought.............if YOU don't like the thread.....why not just stay out of it.

-Disagreeing with someone's point or opinion is one thing.....to beyotch about it and call people names is another!
                Imaginations are for communists!

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                  Imaginations are for communists!

I'd say a lack of imaginations are for communists!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes7
                    I'd say a lack of imaginations are for communists!

Just roll with it.

I'm going along the whole thing of how he hates any body that brings up the idea, and nobody likes Communists......yeah

Comment

Just roll with it.

I'm going along the whole thing of how he hates any body that brings up the idea, and nobody likes Communists......yeah
                      Well even I have to say that reading the umpteenth thread about a trade scenario is umpteen too many.

I'm kinda hoping this thread will stop those threads....but everyone knows they will keep popping up like the gopher game at Chucky Cheese.

So to moan about it is useless really, they wont stop just because so and so says.

And on another note, It's Tuesday. Only 4 days to go folks....:yippie: <------
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                        Well even I have to say that reading the umpteenth thread about a trade scenario is umpteen too many.

I'm kinda hoping this thread will stop those threads....but everyone knows they will keep popping up like the gopher game at Chucky Cheese.

So to moan about it is useless really, they wont stop just because so and so says.

And on another note, It's Tuesday. Only 4 days to go folks....:yippie: <------
                        I love that Gopher game!

Theres this one chick in one of my classes, when she sneezes.........it sounds like what it sounds like when you smack teh gopher

Comment

I love that Gopher game!

Theres this one chick in one of my classes, when she sneezes.........it sounds like what it sounds like when you smack teh gopher
                          That's a girl you can take home to mom eh? >:-)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                            That's a girl you can take home to mom eh? >:-)
                            Heh....

right

Comment

Originally posted by SuperD77
                              http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5735840

Broncos fans should stop dreaming about wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

An NFL source says the Detroit Lions will trade their No. 2 overall draft pick, but will entertain offers only from teams with picks 3 through 10. That means the Broncos, with their No. 21 pick, likely are too far away to move up and get Johnson, the Georgia Tech star who is widely regarded as the draft's most cherished prize.

"Try to find a negative on him," said Jeffrey Foster, president of the NFL scouting service. "It's hard to do."

The Broncos made two trade proposals last month for the Lions' No. 2 pick, but were rebuffed. The chances of revisiting a deal for Johnson on draft day this weekend diminished with the Lions' decision to stay within the top 10 picks.

The Broncos could move up to the No. 10 pick by trading their first-round pick, second- round pick and one of their two third-round picks to the Houston Texans. But at that point, the Broncos likely wouldn't have enough left to deal with Detroit.

The only way the Broncos likely could get Johnson is if teams picking No. 3 through 10 don't make a serious bid for the Lions' No. 2 choice. That appears unlikely. There have been numerous reports that Tampa Bay, which has the No. 4 pick, will make a serious play for Johnson.
                              I heard it all depends on what Oakland does with thier pick! I guess Shanahan is trying to go after Johnson. The deal would be dead if oakland takes him. I heard we'd have to give up a number of picks this year (includeing our 1st) AND our 1st next year.
                              Romans 10:9
                              John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by 85BearFan
                                You guys are in a prime position to take Meachem/Ginn/Bowe, and though Johnson would be awesome to have, I think one of those 3 WRs along with a DE, either Spencer/Crowder/Abiamiri in the 2nd is a good way to go as well.
                                If I'm not mistaken Spencer has 1st round grade so is if waste pick a wide receiver especially Ginn (in the 1st) we wont be able to draft Spencer.
                                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                                X