• Show
Clear All

• Updated McShay 7 round mock

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=2846177

For those of you without insider, here is what he has for Denver:

21. Denver (9-7)
    Projected pick: +Jarvis Moss, DE/OLB, Florida
    Needs: DE, WR, S, OT, DT, MLB, RB, CB
    • The Broncos have four picks on the first day, so moving up in the first round is a possibility. Considering the depth at their top positions of need (DE, WR, S), it also wouldn't surprise me a bit if Denver took a deal to move down.
    • The Broncos solidified their secondary by trading for Dre' Bly, who will start opposite Champ Bailey. Drafting a pass-rushing threat like Moss is a logical step to help fix a pass defense that ranked 21st in 2006.
    • Purdue DE Anthony Spencer is moving up the boards and could easily go ahead of Moss as the fourth end taken.
    • If stuck at No. 21 with no satisfying defensive end prospect to choose from, OT Staley, WRs Bowe and Meachem and safeties Nelson, Meriweather and Griffin would all be possibilities.

56. Denver: Eric Weddle, S, Utah

70. Denver (from Washington): Doug Free, OT, Northern Illinois

86. Denver: +Brandon Siler, ILB, Florida

176. Denver (from Detroit): Rhema McKnight, WR, Notre Dame

198. Denver: Tyrone Moss, RB, Miami

233. Denver: Craig Dahl, S, North Dakota State

I would absolutely love this draft. We get a pass rushing end, the do-everything safety, a very high upside OT, and depth. The only down side is that there is no DT pick. I personally would go for Marcus Thomas, who he has going to the Raiders in the 4th, with the 2nd 3rd round pick and then draft a LB on day 2.

Originally posted by GoBroncos84

21. Denver (9-7)
    • The Broncos have four picks on the first day, so moving up in the first round is a possibility. Considering the depth at their top positions of need (DE, WR, S), it also wouldn't surprise me a bit if Denver took a deal to move down.
    • The Broncos solidified their secondary by trading for Dre' Bly, who will start opposite Champ Bailey. Drafting a pass-rushing threat like Moss is a logical step to help fix a pass defense that ranked 21st in 2006.
    • Purdue DE Anthony Spencer is moving up the boards and could easily go ahead of Moss as the fourth end taken.
    • If stuck at No. 21 with no satisfying defensive end prospect to choose from, OT Staley, WRs Bowe and Meachem and safeties Nelson, Meriweather and Griffin would all be possibilities.

I would absolutely love this draft. We get a pass rushing end, the do-everything safety, a very high upside OT, and depth. The only down side is that there is no DT pick. I personally would go for Marcus Thomas, who he has going to the Raiders in the 4th, with the 2nd 3rd round pick and then draft a LB on day 2.
    As would I! We get our needs adressed in the top of the draft. I also agree i would like to see a DT taken, and i also think the last 2 picks should be o-linemen, dont need anoher safety or RB.

Comment

I'll accept this draft, but ONLY because someone from North Dakota was drafted...

...and because it would just be a good draft.
      "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by GoBroncos84

21. Denver (9-7)

I would pick Spencer over Moss, and a DT at 198 over a RB. Other than that, not a bad draft

Comment

Working...
        X