Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just had an epiphany (another CJ thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just had an epiphany (another CJ thread)

It is now my belief that either one of two things is going to happen.

Scenario 1: One of the other NFL teams have what Denver wants (pass rushing DE) but we don't have anything to trade them. That's when CJ comes in. Maybe we can trade for the #2 pick with our first for 2008 and other picks from this year's draft, then use CJ as leverage to pick up a DE and another 1st rounder.

Just a thought that crossed my mind...not really an epiphany.

Scenario 2: Shanny is an idiot and drafts/retains CJ.
    Originally posted by Soldier96B
    i also took a crap and it was orange

Umm.. I saw a thread in general topics that pretty much said we are done with teh CJ thing.. but then again, Shanny pulls some pretty wierd stuff!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I just read an article saying otherwise and my grandpa just e-mailed me and told me he heard it on 950am.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeingRed
        It is now my belief that either one of two things is going to happen.

Scenario 1: One of the other NFL teams have what Denver wants (pass rushing DE) but we don't have anything to trade them. That's when CJ comes in. Maybe we can trade for the #2 pick with our first for 2008 and other picks from this year's draft, then use CJ as leverage to pick up a DE and another 1st rounder.

Just a thought that crossed my mind...not really an epiphany.

Scenario 2: Shanny is an idiot and drafts/retains CJ.
        Scenerio 1: Al Davis picks C.J. at #1.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria
          Umm.. I saw a thread in general topics that pretty much said we are done with teh CJ thing.. but then again, Shanny pulls some pretty wierd stuff!
          We'll never be done until he's signed a contract. There's always going to be a "what if."

Comment

After thinking about this, I realized two scenarios that would make me very happy.
            Both would have us trading up for the number two spot, but listen to this...

1) After all the talk about how interested we are in CJ, we could take the #2 and dangle him infront of another team(not tampa...at first), we ask for a medium to high price, like 1st, 2nd, and 3rd...we say that we would make this deal unless someone else can make a better offer, Tampa may offer their 1st 2nd 3rd and maybe their 4th...teh 2nd pick overall is worth 2,600(Tampa's 1,2,3,and4 are worth approximately 2700. Pretty good value. Then we would have #4, 36, 68, 86, 100, 166, 181, and 213. We could get Gaines Adams at #4, and then Griffin/Harrel at 36, Wedle/Haris/best lb available at 68, Mike Walker at 86, best OL at 100, and the rest Im not sure because Im not the best draft expert. In fact I don't know anything about rookies.

2) We do the same trade (with tampa) and pick Laron Landry at #4, then at 36 we get Anthony Spencer, then at 68 we get best LB available/DT, at 86 WR or LB or OL or DL its all good
            "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

id bet a dollar oakland takes CJ in the first and trades for a QB..
              sig pic removed by mod staff.
              we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWould#7Do
                After thinking about this, I realized two scenarios that would make me very happy.
                Both would have us trading up for the number two spot, but listen to this...

1) After all the talk about how interested we are in CJ, we could take the #2 and dangle him infront of another team(not tampa...at first), we ask for a medium to high price, like 1st, 2nd, and 3rd...we say that we would make this deal unless someone else can make a better offer, Tampa may offer their 1st 2nd 3rd and maybe their 4th...teh 2nd pick overall is worth 2,600(Tampa's 1,2,3,and4 are worth approximately 2700. Pretty good value. Then we would have #4, 36, 68, 86, 100, 166, 181, and 213. We could get Gaines Adams at #4, and then Griffin/Harrel at 36, Wedle/Haris/best lb available at 68, Mike Walker at 86, best OL at 100, and the rest Im not sure because Im not the best draft expert. In fact I don't know anything about rookies.

2) We do the same trade (with tampa) and pick Laron Landry at #4, then at 36 we get Anthony Spencer, then at 68 we get best LB available/DT, at 86 WR or LB or OL or DL its all good
                Your first scenario is more far out IMO, but not impossible.

Comment

Scenario Number 3

We never get the Number 2 pick in the draft, and people start going crazy saying "OMG!!!!!!!111! I thought dat we had teh 2nd pic fo sho!!!!!!! wat happened?!?!?!"

Comment

Worst thread ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum
                      Worst thread ever.
                      P for Phail?

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                        P for Phail?
                        P for Pony?

Oh sorry.....didnt mean to derail the thread.

I think CJ is 90% out of the equation for us, if he in fact was ever in it, so this thread topic could be.....how do you say....not realistic?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                          P for Pony?

Oh sorry.....didnt mean to derail the thread.

I think CJ is 90% out of the equation for us, if he in fact was ever in it, so this thread topic could be.....how do you say....not realistic?
                          You hijack threads too much

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                            You hijack threads too much
                            Someone else started it.....I just follow through.

I think it was that str8jacket guy who used to be Chidoze.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze
                              Someone else started it.....I just follow through.

I think it was that str8jacket guy who used to be Chidoze.
                              Uhhhh

Errrrr

Shut up

Comment

Working...
                              X