Mike Nolan: 49ers likely to trade with Denver again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Nolan: 49ers likely to trade with Denver again

I am assuming that this was found in a local SF source...The comments coming directly from Mike Nolan himself in mentioning the Broncos out of 31 other teams is incredible. Hopefully, it will be a trade for the 11th overall OR Justin Smiley, G.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/th...hlight=broncos

49erWill:
    The 49ers pulled a trade with the Denver Broncos more than a week before the draft last year to acquire a second first-round selection. The club will be involved in similar talks again this year, 49ers coach Mike Nolan said Thursday.

"There (are) always discussions leading into the draft," Nolan said. "Last year we decided to pull the trigger early enough with Denver because we felt it was good for us, as well as they felt it was good for them. It could happen in the next days, if it were to happen. It could also happen the day of the draft. Those are always things you talk about."

He mentions the broncos because we traded with them last year, no where else does it mention the broncos as possible trade partners for this year.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Why do we need Justin Smiley? He is a good guard but I think we are set at guard.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
        He mentions the broncos because we traded with them last year, no where else does it mention the broncos as possible trade partners for this year.
        Originally posted by Nolan
        The club [broncos] will be involved in similar talks again this year, 49ers coach Mike Nolan said Thursday.
        It could happen in the next days, if it were to happen. It could also happen the day of the draft.
        Im not saying its a sure thing... but yes, Nolan does mention the broncos as possible trade partners this year (See BOLD)... More importantly, it is coming from his mouth - without the mention of any of the other 31 NFL teams.
        Last edited by DTownNative; 04-24-2007, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I honestly don't want any offensive linemen from the 49'ers.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
            That is exactly what I thought after reading the quote.
            Originally posted by Soldier96B
            i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
              The niners are interested in Meachum and Bowe, so trading down would be beneficial and value to them... so the 11th overall is highly possible.

Comment

If they only have 20 players rated as first-rounders, and want two - a trade up with their second, third and fourth-round picks make much more sense.

Comment

#11 would be prime position to grab either Willis, Anderson, or Carriker.

Comment

Originally posted by DTownNative
                    Im not saying its a sure thing... but yes, Nolan does mention the broncos as possible trade partners this year (See BOLD)... More importantly, it is coming from his mouth - without the mention of any of the other 31 NFL teams.
                    I think you took this out of context:

The club will be involved in similar talks again this year, 49ers coach Mike Nolan said Thursday.
                    Nolan saying "the club" doesn't mean "Denver." It means "San Francisco." This isn't a direct indication that the 49ers are planning to trade with Denver, just that they make a pre-draft day trade with the Broncos, and are probably looking to make some other pre-draft day trade (just not necessarily with Denver.)

But trading with Denver does make sense for them...I could see it.
                    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

No we are not se at G because our best Guard, Hamilton, is also our 2nd best Center.

If we could swing a 2008 1st rounder, #42 and Smiley for #21 I would do it.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

We already have a huge amount of guards on our roster. My guess is that we're moving abck and stockpiling picks in an effort to move into the top ten.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by evendelae
                          We already have a huge amount of guards on our roster. My guess is that we're moving abck and stockpiling picks in an effort to move into the top ten.
                          And only Kuper is worth a damn if Hamilton moves to Center next year. Holland, Meyers and who? No one is going to mistake those two for probowlers.

We have a pocket passer now and need Olineman that can pass protect. Which is why Cooper is gone, Foster is gone, Hamilton asked to gain wait.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007
                            And only Kuper is worth a damn if Hamilton moves to Center next year. Holland, Meyers and who? No one is going to mistake those two for probowlers.

We have a pocket passer now and need Olineman that can pass protect. Which is why Cooper is gone, Foster is gone, Hamilton asked to gain wait.

Montrae Holland: 322 lbs. I think he'll do nicely in goal line situations, actually.

Chris Myers: Nope, not going to mistake someone who hasn't played a down for a Pro-Bowler. But then...how many Denver linemen HAVE been tagged as "Pro-Bowlers" before playing a down?

I don't think the guard situation is as bad as you think, which is a good thing!
                            "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

We're trying to either get Okoye or Willis is my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X