No announcement yet.

Mike Nolan: 49ers likely to trade with Denver again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering Holland was benched in New Orleans for lack of mobility which attributed to poor play, I don't think he's much better than a depth signing here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
      Considering Holland was benched in New Orleans for lack of mobility which attributed to poor play, I don't think he's much better than a depth signing here.

Like I said: I like him in to move a pile in goal line situations.
      "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by BSmitty7
        We're trying to either get Okoye or Willis is my opinion.
        I also think it's Patrick Willis

Comment

Originally posted by DTownNative
          I am assuming that this was found in a local SF source...The comments coming directly from Mike Nolan himself in mentioning the Broncos out of 31 other teams is incredible. Hopefully, it will be a trade for the 11th overall OR Justin Smiley, G.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/th...hlight=broncos

49erWill:
          The 49ers pulled a trade with the Denver Broncos more than a week before the draft last year to acquire a second first-round selection. The club will be involved in similar talks again this year, 49ers coach Mike Nolan said Thursday.

"There (are) always discussions leading into the draft," Nolan said. "Last year we decided to pull the trigger early enough with Denver because we felt it was good for us, as well as they felt it was good for them. It could happen in the next days, if it were to happen. It could also happen the day of the draft. Those are always things you talk about."
          It doesn't say anything about Denver trading with them again.

EDIT: ok I see it now.
          Last edited by hilife; 04-24-2007, 01:27 PM.
          President Cool

Comment

Surely that is not the Canadian Maple Leaf......

Comment

Originally posted by lex
              Why is everyone so certain its about a draft pick?
              True, we could be getting Lelie back

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

sorry but i think the denver broncos are targeting a guy by the name of adam carriker.

why?

because he brings the pain on qbs.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
                  sorry but i think the denver broncos are targeting a guy by the name of adam carriker.

why?

because he brings the pain on qbs.

WOOT WOOT! Here come the Pain Train!

Comment

Wheeling and dealing is one of Shanny's fortey's (sp)

So, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us move up (and for that matter even down) in the draft....

Hopefully up (to get A.P.)
                    I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

i hope we make this trade over the cj one..even though the cj one seems all but impossible. With the 49ers pic we could get carriker will and maybe okoye or anderson. I have a feeling if the 49ers trade down they will take branch if he falls or dwayne bowe/Ginn/Meachem
                      sigpic
                      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
                        I honestly don't want any offensive linemen from the 49'ers.

Why?

They had arguably one of the best oline's in all of football last year. It's a top notch group as far as running the ball goes, and very solid at pass protection as well.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                          Why?

They had arguably one of the best oline's in all of football last year. It's a top notch group as far as running the ball goes, and very solid at pass protection as well.
                          Exactly... Frank Gore's success in SF has been largely due to their Oline. As far as the user who was asking why the niners would trade picks...its because they are looking at Meachum and Bowe, so therefore trading down and gaining potential 2nd round picks would be huge while aquiring much needed WR.

Comment

im pretty sure the niners are keeping their 11th overall pick and will try to trade some of there later round picks (they have a bunch. like a 2, 3, and three 4ths) to move up and grab Meachum. I have heard that it would take their 2nd and two of their 4ths to trade for our 1st rounder.....
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X