Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the uhh...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • With the uhh...

    Has anyone noticed that whenever Paul Tagliabue announced a pick in the NFL Draft he would start his sentence with "With the uhh, (#) pick in the..."?

    He would pause to think of the number of the pick even if it was the first or second.
    I hope the new man in charge, Rog, says the number with authority, like "With the FIRST pick,...."

    That would be more exciting.

  • #2
    I never noticed that, but honestly, I could care less....
    "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
    R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

    Comment


    • #3
      I didnt notice. He did pause sometimes but I cant recall him saying "Uhh".
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mdterps
        Has anyone noticed that whenever Paul Tagliabue announced a pick in the NFL Draft he would start his sentence with "With the uhh, (#) pick in the..."?

        He would pause to think of the number of the pick even if it was the first or second.
        I hope the new man in charge, Rog, says the number with authority, like "With the FIRST pick,...."

        That would be more exciting.
        new Cornish new delivery style. I am so pumped for this weekend

        Comment


        • #5
          Just a sign of poor public speaking abilities...natorious through out all poor public speakers. Wanna see a good public speaker, watch a Bill Clinton SOTU address.
          Originally posted by Soldier96B
          i also took a crap and it was orange

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SeeingRed
            Just a sign of poor public speaking abilities...natorious through out all poor public speakers. Wanna see a good public speaker, watch a Bill Clinton SOTU address.
            Bill Clinton
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Anikai
              Bill Clinton
              I won't touch that...I'll just say he's a good public speaker.
              Originally posted by Soldier96B
              i also took a crap and it was orange

              Comment


              • #8
                Clinton was a very good pres for the country.

                He was just a bad human being.

                Comment


                • #9
                  ahh remember the good old days...we weren't at war, the rest of the world didn't hate us, and gas was just over a dollar per gallon....
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NuggetFan
                    Clinton was a very good pres for the country.

                    He was just a bad human being.
                    Judge one lest you be judged.

                    Anyway, I don't really care how he says it as long as he says it in clear, understandable English.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      he should say it in a thick Chicago accent....that would be awesome..

                      "wit da first Pick inda NFL draft da Oaklund Raydas select....."
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well just like Clinton and about every other male in the world I can certainly notice a sexy looking woman.

                        What seperates us though is the fact that I leave it with that and don't cheat on my wife.

                        Youe correct though in that we all have our faults, just some faults stand out more than others.

                        I still thought he was a good pres though and even voted for him.

                        Back on topic though I don't realy care how well the commish states the draft choice. He is in charge of football, not running the country or mediating for world peace.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CJ_5256
                          I never noticed that, but honestly, I could care less....

                          Here Here to that!
                          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            **cough coc** **cough coc**

                            Back on topic.........

                            I noticed the "uhh"...........funny that somebody else did too.

                            'Cept it never really bothered me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NuggetFan
                              Back on topic though I don't realy care how well the commish states the draft choice. He is in charge of football, not running the country or mediating for world peace.
                              But for being in the position he is in, it would do him well to not look like a dummy when doing something as simple as announcing a number, a team, a name, a position, and a college. It's not difficult. Hell, even I could do that.
                              Originally posted by Soldier96B
                              i also took a crap and it was orange

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X