Merril Hoge, lost his head.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merril Hoge, lost his head.

"Kellen Clemens is better than Matt Leinart" Very interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFGucgncvYo

he said that before last year's draft, he could be right, clemens hasn't had the shot to go into a season as a team's #1 qb yet, for that matter either has leinart
    sigpic

Comment

He also says the Tennessee Titans "hide Vince Young and don't highlight him".

*** does that mean....really?

VY won at least 3 games in the last five minutes of the game last year........and oh yeah......won Rookie Of The Year as well.

Hodge is a fudging idiot.

ESPN should can this joker. Each day the passes with him flapping his gums is another day ESPN loses credibility in the eye of the consumer.

Dimi
      BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

He also said he thought John Elway is the greatest Q.B. to ever play the game.

Merle Hodges reasoning...."Because he did more with less."

I like him!

Comment

Well Clemens will be almost as good as Leinart... according to FO's thingy.... unless he gets injured and stuff...

The VY stuff is way off though
          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by DimiHorn

VY won at least 3 games in the last five minutes of the game last year........and oh yeah......won Rookie Of The Year as well.

ESPN should can this joker. Each day the passes with him flapping his gums is another day ESPN loses credibility in the eye of the consumer.

Dimi
            Didn't Hodge have some serious concussions in his playing days? Maybe he had his head hit a little too hard...

Comment

Originally posted by UnderArmour
              Didn't Hodge have some serious concussions in his playing days? Maybe he had his head hit a little too hard...
              Dude must have had his dome crushed by a dump truck.

He truly is an idiot!!!

Seriously, why is he still on the air? ESPN should have dumped this clown a long time ago.

Dimi
              BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

honestly i agree with him on some of it like the part when he said once teams really start game planning for him hes screwed. i agree vick seemed like he would be invincible that year and now look at him.

i loved vince in college and dont love him in the nfl for some reason maybe its that i dont have a favorite college team to be biased against. but either way i think that once teams figure out how vince works its only a matter of time before he is shut down. his arm is also nothing to get excited about he lobes the ball. ye he did win almost all the titans games single handedly but hes not going to be able to keep it up unless he develops a great deal more, but its not going to happen because he is the next curse vicitim

also its BS that he won rookie of the year. i honestly thought that colston deserved it just because the expectations of him were oh yeah, nobody had expectations for him. and he blew everyody out of the water.
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS
                  honestly i agree with him on some of it like the part when he said once teams really start game planning for him hes screwed. i agree vick seemed like he would be invincible that year and now look at him.

i loved vince in college and dont love him in the nfl for some reason maybe its that i dont have a favorite college team to be biased against. but either way i think that once teams figure out how vince works its only a matter of time before he is shut down. his arm is also nothing to get excited about he lobes the ball. ye he did win almost all the titans games single handedly but hes not going to be able to keep it up unless he develops a great deal more, but its not going to happen because he is the next curse vicitim

also its BS that he won rookie of the year. i honestly thought that colston deserved it just because the expectations of him were oh yeah, nobody had expectations for him. and he blew everyody out of the water.
                  Vince Young will defeat the curse.

Comment

Originally posted by DimiHorn

Dimi

Are you a big fan of "VY"?

Because the Titans didn't exactly win those games on the arm of Vince Young. I think that's what Hodge meant.

Young won the ROTY because of the win streak....Not because he's already a top passer. If anything, last year proved that Young has a loooong way to go as a passer, imo.

Btw, Hodge is an idiot! But we have to stop calling for the heads of people that dis our favorite players.
                    Last edited by stnzed; 04-24-2007, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum
                      Vince Young will defeat the curse.
                      aside from getting hurt, the stats he puts up as a first year full season starter will beat his stats from last year by default , because the 06 stats were pretty pathetic for a qb , no place to go but up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Exactly the only way he can be cursed is by injury, its not like he could get much worse passer wise

Comment

He also said that in 2004 Andre Johnson was the best WR in the NFL. Merrill is a joke and his complete bias for people and against some is ridiculous

Comment

Young

Originally posted by Northern Lights
                            Exactly the only way he can be cursed is by injury, its not like he could get much worse passer wise

Wait til teams slow down his scrambling! He could be much worse.

Comment

I was unaware Hodge had a head to lose.........

Anyway, hes a moron. Young isnt a prolific passer yet, but he is a prolific playmaker and refused to lose. Hes going to be a great leader and great player. He may not wow us with passing stats which everyone is so infactuated by (unless of course they're pitting Manning vs. Brady in which case they sell stats down the river as garbage). Young is going to be a great NFL quarterback, maybe not the best passer (yes, there is a difference), but he'll be a fine QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X