Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Militant Mock Draft 7 Rounds !!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Militant Mock Draft 7 Rounds !!!!!!!!

As the draft approaches there are more questions than Answers, However, the underlining theme remains PLAYMAKERS.....

1st Round Pick (21) - Anthony Spencer - DE - Purdue

-This was a difficult pick. Battle myself with WR,LB, and S positions. At the end of the day Mike knows we need a pass rush desperately. Anthony Spencer should help the pass rush immediately. Trading out of the first round remains a viable option.

2nd Round Pick (56) - Craig Davis - WR - LSU

-As much as we pretend it isnt, Wide Reciever is a position of need. Craig Davis fills the vertical threat role that Ashley Lelie has left vacant. I personally feel he will be a better player than teammate David Bowe. Also has potential as a return man. Can be special after the catch.

3rd Round Pick (70) - Marcus Thomas - DT - Florida

-The premier interior pass rush lineman. Problem is he has some character issues. Mike Shannahan is known to gamble and reaches on someone every year. With the extra pick in the third, the gamble comes now. Reminds me ALOT of Warren Sapp.

3rd Round Pick (86) - John Wendling - S - Wyoming

-Not thrilled with this pick probably wouldnt get on the field until Lynch retired, but he could be a hell of a player with the type of talent he possesses.

6th Round Pick (176) - Prescott Burgess - OLB - Michigan

-Sleeper prospect that has solid quickness and the size to play on the strongside.

6th Round Pick (198) - Jacob Bender - OT - Nicholls State

-Practice squad player with potential to be a starter a couple years down the line.

7th Round Pick (233) - Thomas Clayton - RB - Kansas St.

-Another Late Round Gem for Shanny at the RB position.

Adding both Spencer and Thomas to the defensive line are sure to shore up our pass rush problems. Both would be rotational situation players until they developed into the studs they are destined to be. Craig Davis is a mjaor sleeper prospect that could catipult our recieving core from questionable to solid.
    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Solid picks all-around. No complaints here.

Comment

Very good mock, I personally think that we would be better off taking the chance of waiting until the 2nd. to get Spencer, but still a very good mock...
      "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
      R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Has Spencer's stock risen that much?
        "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

I'd be happy for that draft. Nothing flashy but very solid and improving needs.
          sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt say that much, but enough to where we wouldnt be able to get him with our second.
            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWould#7Do
              Has Spencer's stock risen that much?
              I read somewhere (it's getting hard to separate all of these draft articles in my mind) that Spencer's stock was rising and that he is likely to go ahead of Jarvis Moss.
              I'll duel you left-handed

"I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it" - Nick Hornby from Fever Pitch

Comment

Im not sure that I like the Craig Davis pick, i just checked, he only had 7 tds as a receiver, couldn't we get a better value pick here, I mean he has about 150 rec and like 2000 yards, not bad, but couldnt we find better value in the later rounds? I think we could, I think it wouldve been a good idea to go for best safety in round two and then get a receiver with our 2nd 3rd pick. I think that woul dbe good value. Who knows we might get lucky and have a good safety drop to us at 56.
                "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

I like that draft.

Comment

Whether it's Moss or Spencer, why would you take the chance of them not being there in round 2?

Comment

Anthony G.>>>>> Craig Davis
                      sigpic
                      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
                        3rd Round Pick (86) - John Wendling - S - Wyoming

-Not thrilled with this pick probably wouldnt get on the field until Lynch retired, but he could be a hell of a player with the type of talent he possesses.

I like the pick of John Wendling. I really don't see Lynch playing past this season, at least as a full time starter. It would be a great pickup and allow Wendling to get groomed. Plus he is a local boy, not just from the U of Wyoming, but from Rock Springs, WY. This is a Rocky Mountain product.

http://wyomingathletics.cstv.com/spo...ng_john00.html

My Mock Draft:

Round 1 (#21) Anthony Spencer - DE - Purdue
                        Round 2 (#56) Eric Weddle - S- Utah
                        Round 3 (#70) John Wendling - S - WYOMING
                        Round 3 (#86) Quinton Moses DE - Georgia
                        Round 6 (#176) Mike Walker -WR- UCF
                        Round 6 (#198) Brandon Frye -OT- Virginia Tech
                        Round 7 (#233) Stanley Doughty - DT - South Carolina

Comment

I really dont like the WR in the 2nd. I think you could use that pick to take a safety that you "like", and then take either an OLB or OT with that second 3rd rounder. Solid all the way around though, needs are addressed. If Marcus Thomas can stay outta trouble, he is the 2nd best DT in this draft, behind Okoye.

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by MHS
                            Anthony G.>>>>> Craig Davis

absolutely flawless reasoning. Bravo!

Comment

Working...
                            X