Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaylore
    replied
    We aren't drafting Jarvis Moss. Chisel it in granite.

Leave a comment:

• Q_Ball22
    replied
    Like I said in a previous Thread concerning Moss. If we pick him I might puke.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBalla2k5
    replied
    People need to realize that DE's are not used for stopping the run in bates system, thats what the big body DT's are for. Even tho moss is undersized doesn't mean he can't stop the run to save his life, even if moss doesn't put on a few extra pounds, bates can still help his technique top help him better against the run just like he did for the guys in green bay and miami. Maybe in Coyer's scheme, we needed a DE that can defend run AND pass but not this trip

Leave a comment:

• columbiaskinny
    replied
    I like Moss. A speedy DE in getting after the Q.B. and in pursuit of R.B.s. His speed is a great asset.

As for his weight...if Sheffler can gain 30 pounds in the off-season, i don't see no reason why Moss can't either (i would prefer just 15 more pnds).

Again, he's a prototypical Bates DE. "IF" he's available when Denvers pick comes up, him and Shanny may find him hard to pass up. Of course unless Shanny has his eye on someone else.

Leave a comment:

• DenBronx
    replied
    cp for that, cause me no likey j.moss. if there was ever a de in this years draft that is highly over-rated then it would be moss by far.

spencer would be way better.

Leave a comment:

• CinnaMunMun
    replied
    Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
    Yessssss I really don't want to have Moss. He is way overrated.

So many people here have hard-ons for CJ and Moss...

I'll stick to the girl in my sig.
    Which CJ are you talking about, Calvin Johnson or Charles Johnson? Calvin is understandable, hell, I bet the Broncos FO would put their hands down their pants on live TV if they got Calvin.

Charles is a bit different. He would be good/decent value at #21, he is a good pass rusher (who btw is rated higher than his teammate Moses). A bit of a risk since he is raw, but benched 33 reps and has a lot of upside.

Moss is still a good pick at his spot. Two guys who have nearly the same build as Moss: Kiwanuka and Mark Anderson. Both thought to be too lean, not sure if they would have an immediate impact, same bench press, same pretty much everything. So dog on him all you want, but many of you are blowing his weaknesses out of proportion. In fact, many guys his weight have had success in the nfl.

A list:
    John Abraham: 6'4, 256
    Derrick Burgess:6'2 260
    KGB: 6'4 250
    Jevon Kearse: 6'4 265
    Leonard Little: 6'3 263
    Robert Mathis (kind of): 6'2 245
    Adewale Ogunleye: 6'4 260
    Aaron Schobel: 6'4 262
    Osi Umenyiora: 6'3 261

And I read a bunch of people wanting to draft Quentin Moses, the guy who not only is sub-par in physical stature to Moss, but who was also burned in the individual workouts. The only upside that Moses has over Moss is he can probably be picked up in the second round.

Leave a comment:

• memphisbronco5
    replied
    I've been saying it for weeks...as someone who watched Moss twice in person I came away thinking he better be glad he played on a DL that had 3 other players who will be drafted....he looked very avg to me.

And it talking with a few Fla fans at the SEC Champonship game he doesn't like the weight room at all and isn't know as a hard worker.

I pray we pass on him...another guy who is going to be a HUGE bust is Chris Houston..

Leave a comment:

• ChampWJ
    replied
    Let me tell you, from watching every UGA game since Moses has been there, the man if a force. I've watched quite a few Gator games and Moss doesn't bring as much to the game as Moses.

I remember right after last years draft, seeing a lot of draft boards for this year and Quentin Moses was considered a top 5 talent by lots of people, including Kiper if I recall correctly. The guy slid this year because of double/triple teams and other players such as Charles Johnson benefitted, and his stock rose considerably. Moses is a much better player. No matter where Moses gets picked, he is a steal not being a first rounder, in my humble opinion.

Leave a comment:

• fullcollapse
    replied
    For the amount of risk involved I think that taking Quentin Moses in the 2nd is a better choice.

Both are natural pass rushers that have been productive at one point.

More importantly, both have question marks about being able to sustain/return to their productivity.

As of last season Moss is the better player, but I would take '06 Moses over '07 Moss any day.

However, I see Moses pulling a Tamba Hali and sneaking into the first.

Leave a comment:

• ChampWJ
    replied
    Plus he's a Gator! BOOOOO

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    ive been repin spencer since everybody jumped on that damn Moss bandwagon. spencers number were double that of moss's. and all moss really had to his name was the national championship game when nobody blocked him.

but welcome aboard the spencer bandwagon. he does seem like a more everydown type DE while still having better speed than moss to get pressure on him.

heres to the next dwight freeny. hopefully, that is if the broncos draft him . . . cause otherwise he sucks

Leave a comment:

• anton...
    replied
    we have elvis as a 1 down pass rush DE...

we dont need another one...

we need an every down DE...

spencer sounds good....

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by BSmitty7
    what ***** DE's.... 16 and 17 hahaha

I'm a total d0uchebag....Spencer did 30 reps

Quintin Moses did only 17.

Leave a comment:

• BSmitty7
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed
    Btw people, from what I've read is that if anything ever keeps Moss from being a good run defender it's his height, not his weight!

He should be able to hold 270lb's....It's his height that may keep him from getting the leverage he needs. He also only did 16 reps at the combine....Spencer did 17.

You can nit-pick a player til the cows come home, the plain truth is that the Broncos currently have the 21st pick in the draft....Every player that will be available when Denver picks will have issues. Not that the players picked in the top ten don't have their own issues as well....

If you want certainty, stick to Madden! The land of the 6-6/300lb WR that runs a 4.1..............
    what ***** DE's.... 16 and 17 hahaha

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Btw people, from what I've read is that if anything ever keeps Moss from being a good run defender it's his height, not his weight!

He should be able to hold 270lb's....It's his height that may keep him from getting the leverage he needs. He also only did 16 reps at the combine....Spencer did 17 [Edit...It was Quintin Moses that did only 17 reps....Spencer did 30].

You can nit-pick a player til the cows come home, the plain truth is that the Broncos currently have the 21st pick in the draft....Every player that will be available when Denver picks will have issues. Not that the players picked in the top ten don't have their own issues as well....

If you want certainty, stick to Madden! The land of the 6-6/300lb WR that runs a 4.1..............
    Last edited by stnzed; 04-24-2007, 11:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X