Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more rumors, its official??? Raiders and Quinn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more rumors, its official??? Raiders and Quinn?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=7761

don't know if this is true but i sure hope so.

Originally posted by stretch14

It says "to talk general numbers on a potential contract."

Im sure theyre interested, but negotiating numbers is likely a large factor in their final decision on Saturday... there's nothing official about it...

Comment

They are also doing the same with Johnson and Russel

Comment

I would rather they didn't take Quinn, because I think he is a better decision maker than Russel and will have an immediate impact on the team. At the same time taking Quinn means they have to upgrade the O-line, if they took Russel then they might be willing to skate on the one they have, which I'm okay with.

Comment

take it to the bank, it's going to be CJ (unless al gets his way which seems to always happen)
          sigpic

Comment

It was mentioned yesterday on (I believe) NFL Live: Oakland has had contact with representatives for Quinn, Russell, and Johnson.

Pretty standard for the first pick to have contracts (or at least the basic frameworks) pre-worked. As for talking with THREE potential picks at this stage in the game: the Raiders have problems. Al has options (trade for a QB, sign a free agent QB, draft a QB, etc), but he needs a QB. What Oakland does at #1 will have a HUGE impact on the rest of the draft: Al doesn't want to tip his hand, while the rest of the top picks are looking for some clue.

This is one big hand of poker...good times!
            "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

Originally posted by Fan in exile
              I would rather they didn't take Quinn, because I think he is a better decision maker than Russel and will have an immediate impact on the team. At the same time taking Quinn means they have to upgrade the O-line, if they took Russel then they might be willing to skate on the one they have, which I'm okay with.
              I agree... I think Quinn has more potential than Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by CSU_stat
                It was mentioned yesterday on (I believe) NFL Live: Oakland has had contact with representatives for Quinn, Russell, and Johnson.

Pretty standard for the first pick to have contracts (or at least the basic frameworks) pre-worked. As for talking with THREE potential picks at this stage in the game: the Raiders have problems. Al has options (trade for a QB, sign a free agent QB, draft a QB, etc), but he needs a QB. What Oakland does at #1 will have a HUGE impact on the rest of the draft: Al doesn't want to tip his hand, while the rest of the top picks are looking for some clue.

This is one big hand of poker...good times!
                Pretty good analysis.
                Originally posted by Soldier96B
                i also took a crap and it was orange

Comment

The Raiders need O-Line help more than anything BAR NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charles Johnson, JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn - hell even John Elway would look average behind that putrid O-Line in Oakland....

I have a feeling they are going to take Russell with the 1st pick and then everything else will fall into place....

1. Oakland - Russell

2. Tampa Bay - Johnson

3. Cleveland - A.P.

4. Detroit - Quinn

5. Arizona - Thomas

I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

This may be off topic, but Id love to see QUinn go to Cleveland.. thats his team! Call me a softy, I know...

Course, like most of you, Id rather see NO good fortune come to the Raiders. Not to wish it on Jemarcus, but wouldn't it be great if whoever they drafted was the next Ryan Leaf?!?!
                    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Stretch, you hope the Raiders draft Quinn because you are a fan of them? Because you are looking out for their best interest? A guy with less bust potential than Russell. You are hoping the Raiders become competitive? Because if they take Quinn that would be the smartest thing they could do.

Comment

That is by no means official, and I would go as far as to say it was expected. The Raiders need a QB and it's no surprise they would have negotiations with the top two prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosInsider
                          Stretch, you hope the Raiders draft Quinn because you are a fan of them? Because you are looking out for their best interest? A guy with less bust potential than Russell. You are hoping the Raiders become competitive? Because if they take Quinn that would be the smartest thing they could do.
                          Aint gonna happen....

Quinn will be a Lion, Viking or Dolphin....
                          I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

It's probably the smartest move Al Davis has done in a long time. Getting three players involved increases the leverage the organization has from a contract standpoint, especially when it comes to the quarterbacks, with two discussing contracts. It also gives them other options if things do not go as well as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch14

I don't know. The Raiders may not know. Smoking mirrors? Here is the question - if the Raiders pass on Russell who will pick him up??

----------------------------------------------
                              I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Working...
                              X