Mock Draft on who teams SHOULD pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Draft on who teams SHOULD pick

Even though I disagree on Denver's pick, I think he makes some good points - especially with the Titan's pick

continued at: http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/...ew.php?id=9395

1. Oakland Raiders: Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame: They need a quarterback. He's the best quarterback. It's that simple.

2. Detroit Lions: Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech: So what if Matt Millen has ruined his reputation taking receivers in the first round. This kid is a can't-miss prospect.

3. Cleveland Browns: JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU: When you don't have one, you get one. Even though I'm not as high on Russell as others, he still has a chance to be a lot better than what the Browns have.

19. Tennessee Titans: Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State: They need to get Vince Young a big-time receiver he can team with for years to come.

21. Denver Broncos: Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida: They have to improve a pass defense that struggled even though the NFL's best cover man (Champ Bailey) is in the secondary. Moss can amp up the pass rush.

i disagree with almost every pick

R.I.P. D.Nash, D.Will

Comment

Originally posted by DTownNative
      Even though I disagree on Denver's pick, I think he makes some good points - especially with the Titan's pick

continued at: http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/...ew.php?id=9395

1. Oakland Raiders: Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame: They need a quarterback. He's the best quarterback. It's that simple.

2. Detroit Lions: Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech: So what if Matt Millen has ruined his reputation taking receivers in the first round. This kid is a can't-miss prospect.

3. Cleveland Browns: JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU: When you don't have one, you get one. Even though I'm not as high on Russell as others, he still has a chance to be a lot better than what the Browns have.

19. Tennessee Titans: Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State: They need to get Vince Young a big-time receiver he can team with for years to come.

21. Denver Broncos: Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida: They have to improve a pass defense that struggled even though the NFL's best cover man (Champ Bailey) is in the secondary. Moss can amp up the pass rush.
      Jarvis moss is only a 3rd down DE why pick a one down player in the first round
      Founder of www.NFLDraftBoard.com

Comment

Horrid selection for the Browns.

The Browns should not pick JaMarcus Russell. A selection of JaMarcus Russell would mean that the Browns GM has weighed his options and feels that selecting a close friend is more important than helping the team. At least if that selection occurs, Ryan Leaf will be happy because he won't be infamous anymore.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown
          Horrid selection for the Browns.

The Browns should not pick JaMarcus Russell. A selection of JaMarcus Russell would mean that the Browns GM has weighed his options and feels that selecting a close friend is more important than helping the team. At least if that selection occurs, Ryan Leaf will be happy because he won't be infamous anymore.
          Any of the top 5 in the draft would help the Browns...Who are you hoping they pick? And Im curious...are you a Bronco fan as well?

Comment

Any of the top 5 in the draft would help the Browns...Who are you hoping they pick? And Im curious...are you a Bronco fan as well?
            CB is a Browns fan. He's been around here for a long time.

Got a question about the Browns? Ask CB.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
              CB is a Browns fan. He's been around here for a long time.

Got a question about the Browns? Ask CB.

-----
              Last I checked...This was a BRONCOMANIA message board...Yep, it still is... Im sure his beloved Browns insight would be more valued at the BROWNSMANIA message board...

Comment

Oakland should pick Thomas.

Hey....it's early afternoon, i'll wake up in a minute.

Comment

Last I checked...This was a BRONCOMANIA message board...Yep, it still is... Im sure his beloved Browns insight would be more valued at the BROWNSMANIA message board...
                  yes. Whenever I see him on here, I know he's going to be saying "terrible/horrible/horrid/frightening/dreadful/anyotheroverlylargeword pick for the Browns."

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

No, I am only a Browns fan.

The Browns need to pick Joe Thomas. He would be the best selection for the team.

Just picture this line (if and when LeCharles Gets back)

LT: Joe Thomas
                    LG: Eric Steinbach
                    C: LeCharles Bentley
                    RG: Some Draftee
                    RT: Ryan Tucker/Kevin Shaffer

Now, that entire left side of the line is one fine point that would immensely help the team. In fact, that there line could very well gel into one of the best lines in the NFL. Picture a RB or a QB behind that line.

Now, look at what the Browns have now:

LT: Kevin Shaffer - Overrated, would do better at RT
                    LG: Eric Steinbach - Good
                    C: Hank Fraley - Decent Starter
                    RG: Seth McKinney - Ugh, Dolphins center who isn't particularly impressive, likely to move to guard.
                    RT: Ryan Tucker - Mental issues this past season, but was reliable in the past.

Now, the first line looks rather good and has something going for it. This second line, which is what the Browns have now does not look good at all. Now, look at how many injuries the Browns have had over the last several years. Adrian Peterson has had a history of injuries in college. Now, having him run behind the current Browns line does not bode well for him at all. In fact, I firmly believe he'd turn into the next Ki-Jana Carter. Now, let's look at JaMarcus Russell. Had a good bowl game. He's huge, has a strong arm. Those are his positives, and those are his only positives. Before his bowl game would he have been as big of a prospect as he is now? The answer is clearly NO. His stock rose because everyone has a picture of Vince Young in their head after last year. JaMarcus Russell is overrated. Very, very, very overrated. Phil Savage is from Alabama. So is JaMarcus Russell! Wow! So the Browns have to pick him because Savage and him are from Alabama?! How does that help the team? That doesn't? That is a pick based off of friendship and not by need. Charlie Frye has looked bad behind a horrid offensive line. How about judging him when he's behind a much better line? Why must everyone have this idea that you have to be a first round pick to succeed in the NFL? You don't have to be! The Browns need an offensive line as it will help the team now and in the future. If the Browns draft a running back or a QB right now it won't help ... ever! In fact, it'll be the same as tossing an anvil to a man overboard. Don't toss the anvil just grab the life preserver and give him some help. Don't add on more weight.

Comment

Really? Wow!

You don't like my insight? Get rid of the Raiders fans and every other team fan on this board and I'll be happy to leave. But, oh yea, you can't! Unless they do something wrong!! I can come to this board and say what I wish and critique things to my hearts content. You and nobody else can or will take that from me. I'm here to stay, barring some major COC violation and I may have said things in the past that got me in some hot water, but I've learned from my mistakes and do not intend on making them again. In fact, you don't like my posts? Don't read them! Or, maybe you can leave this board and go to some other Bronco board because even though this is a Broncos board other team fans are allowed to come here. Why? Because they can. There are Raiders fans, Chiefs fans, Charger fans, a Rams fan, a Saints fan, another Browns fan, a Bengals fan, a Ravens fan, a Colts fan, even Patriots fans here. Yet you decide to come after me.

Comment

Heaven on earth.

I'm not too fond of the Jarvis Moss pick. However, since it's unlikely we'll be staying at 21, I think it's a moot point.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Really? Wow!

You don't like my insight? Get rid of the Raiders fans and every other team fan on this board and I'll be happy to leave. But, oh yea, you can't! Unless they do something wrong!! I can come to this board and say what I wish and critique things to my hearts content. You and nobody else can or will take that from me. I'm here to stay, barring some major COC violation and I may have said things in the past that got me in some hot water, but I've learned from my mistakes and do not intend on making them again. In fact, you don't like my posts? Don't read them! Or, maybe you can leave this board and go to some other Bronco board because even though this is a Broncos board other team fans are allowed to come here. Why? Because they can. There are Raiders fans, Chiefs fans, Charger fans, a Rams fan, a Saints fan, another Browns fan, a Bengals fan, a Ravens fan, a Colts fan, even Patriots fans here. Yet you decide to come after me.
                          THEY POST AND COMMENT ON SUBJECTS RELATED TO THE BRONCOS! ALL YOU DO IS TALK ABOUT THE BROWNS...why are you even here? No one cares about your post on the Cleveland Browns O-Line for crying out loud... You dont see me going to the Browns forum to analyze the Bronco O-Line...I can't believe you typed that much on a freakin Broncos forum. Did you notice the "Other NFL Teams" forum? Or are you confused by the Orange font, leading you to believe this was a Cleveland Browns forum?

The Browns need to pick Joe Thomas. He would be the best selection for the team.

Just picture this line (if and when LeCharles Gets back)

LT: Joe Thomas
                          LG: Eric Steinbach
                          C: LeCharles Bentley
                          RG: Some Draftee
                          RT: Ryan Tucker/Kevin Shaffer

Now, that entire left side of the line is one fine point that would immensely help the team. In fact, that there line could very well gel into one of the best lines in the NFL. Picture a RB or a QB behind that line.

Now, look at what the Browns have now:

LT: Kevin Shaffer - Overrated, would do better at RT
                          LG: Eric Steinbach - Good
                          C: Hank Fraley - Decent Starter
                          RG: Seth McKinney - Ugh, Dolphins center who isn't particularly impressive, likely to move to guard.
                          RT: Ryan Tucker - Mental issues this past season, but was reliable in the past.

Now, the first line looks rather good and has something going for it. This second line, which is what the Browns have now does not look good at all. Now, look at how many injuries the Browns have had over the last several years. Adrian Peterson has had a history of injuries in college. Now, having him run behind the current Browns line does not bode well for him at all. In fact, I firmly believe he'd turn into the next Ki-Jana Carter. Now, let's look at JaMarcus Russell. Had a good bowl game. He's huge, has a strong arm. Those are his positives, and those are his only positives. Before his bowl game would he have been as big of a prospect as he is now? The answer is clearly NO. His stock rose because everyone has a picture of Vince Young in their head after last year. JaMarcus Russell is overrated. Very, very, very overrated. Phil Savage is from Alabama. So is JaMarcus Russell! Wow! So the Browns have to pick him because Savage and him are from Alabama?! How does that help the team? That doesn't? That is a pick based off of friendship and not by need. Charlie Frye has looked bad behind a horrid offensive line. How about judging him when he's behind a much better line? Why must everyone have this idea that you have to be a first round pick to succeed in the NFL? You don't have to be! The Browns need an offensive line as it will help the team now and in the future. If the Browns draft a running back or a QB right now it won't help ... ever! In fact, it'll be the same as tossing an anvil to a man overboard. Don't toss the anvil just grab the life preserver and give him some help. Don't add on more weight.
                          Last edited by DTownNative; 04-25-2007, 11:11 AM.

Comment

This message is hidden because DTownNative is on your ignore list.
                            I should have known you were just another one of those posters who can't get along and talk about things civilly. So, you are on ignore.

Comment

I should have known you were just another one of those posters who can't get along and talk about things civilly. So, you are on ignore.
                              Likewise buddy...I'd happily ignore your dumb comments about the Cleveland Browns. "So, you are on ignore."

Comment

Working...
                              X