Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trade partner ready to go? (trade with Texans all merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • trade partner ready to go? (trade with Texans all merged)

    I'm hearing more and more buzz around the league, from quite a few different sources now that Shanny and his old friends down in Houston are looking to strike a deal.

    If this happens, it seems to me there are several likely candidates, who should be our pick?

    Personally, I'm a little torn...

    Patrick Willis is probably the most sure fire star of the list, but I think it is easier to find another solid MLB in rounds 2 or 3 or simply with DJ.

    Levi Brown could increase sheer size in our OL, still possessing the needed athletic ability for our scheme, and be a long term protection to allow Cutler the time in the pocket he needs to fulfill his potential.

    Adam Carriker fills a huge need regarding the d-line, and is probably an early contributor with a lower ceiling but without much bust factor.

    While J. Anderson comes with a very high ceiling, more bust factor, but fills an impact type of need that we haven't addressed early for quite some time.

    Personally, my dilemma would be solved by not even trading up that far at all. I think the price is too high unless there is more to the plan that we cannot yet see. Someone is going to slide, and we have a better shot filling our holes by holding onto most of our picks rather than trying to make such a large jump. If Carriker or Anderson begin to fall into the mid-teens, that's when I make a move. Otherwise, I'm hoping all the talk is just smoke, because I just don't see enough benefit right now. The rest of the first day is just too rich right now to let go of so many picks for a trade that still leaves more questions than answers.
    131
    Patrick Willis
    35.88%
    47
    Jamaal Anderson
    32.06%
    42
    Levi Brown
    9.16%
    12
    Adam Carriker
    22.90%
    30
    Last edited by jletourneau; 04-24-2007, 03:25 PM.

  • #2
    Willis is the BPA in an area where we could stand to improve. Enough said.
    sigpicthanks Freyaka

    Comment


    • #3
      i voted for willis but i would not want to trade up for any of them. if thats whats there at 10 i say wait for 21 and pick there

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jletourneau
        I'm hearing more and more buzz around the league, from quite a few different sources now that Shanny and his old friends down in Houston are looking to strike a deal.

        If this happens, it seems to me there are several likely candidates, who should be our pick?

        Personally, I'm a little torn...

        Patrick Willis is probably the most sure fire star of the list, but I think it is easier to find another solid MLB in rounds 2 or 3 or simply with DJ.

        Levi Brown could increase sheer size in our OL, still possessing the needed athletic ability for our scheme, and be a long term protection to allow Cutler the time in the pocket he needs to fulfill his potential.

        Adam Carriker fills a huge need regarding the d-line, and is probably an early contributor with a lower ceiling but without much bust factor.

        While J. Anderson comes with a very high ceiling, more bust factor, but fills an impact type of need that we haven't addressed early for quite some time.

        Personally, my dilemma would be solved by not even trading up that far at all. I think the price is too high unless there is more to the plan that we cannot yet see. Someone is going to slide, and we have a better shot filling our holes by holding onto most of our picks rather than trying to make such a large jump. If Carriker or Anderson begin to fall into the mid-teens, that's when I make a move. Otherwise, I'm hoping all the talk is just smoke, because I just don't see enough benefit right now. The rest of the first day is just too rich right now to let go of so many picks for a trade that still leaves more questions than answers.
        I started a thread on this earlier... Willis is the best value at 10 by far...

        Comment


        • #5
          well all thats floating around is that anderson at 10 would not be great value. as high as levi is i would rather have staley. if denver wants a tackle we dont need to leap that high to get a guy that would fit our system better. cariker i could live with at ten but willis at ten is who you have to pick in my oppion although i would rather have a D lineman .. i think willis has the better value
          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
          While he sits by his hearth at home.
          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
          That he knows nothing at all.

          Comment


          • #6
            If Laron Landry is there......do it!

            Comment


            • #7
              Not Enough Information To Make A Logical Pick... Who Is Already Gone? Why Are Only 4 Players Left In The Entire Draft?

              Comment


              • #8
                I Would Go After Landry If He Wasn't Already Gone Or Reggie Nelson.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mdterps
                  I Would Go After Landry If He Wasn't Already Gone Or Reggie Nelson.
                  Theres only 4 players left though

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There's a good chance that if we trade up to #10 that were going to go right back and trade that pick to trade up again, because Anderson is falling alittle in the draft and we still might be able to grab him at 21, so I hope they just stay there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DTownNative
                      I started a thread on this earlier... Willis is the best value at 10 by far...
                      Not necessarily. Carriker is likely to go to the 49ers at #11 (or at least the Rams at #13), so taking him at #10 is not a reach.

                      He's BIG as in BIG so he could potentially move inside and play DT, just as Trevor Pryce moved inside when he came to the Broncos and then went to the pro-bowl.

                      Carriker at 290 lbs, does not possess elite pass-rushing speed, but he's quick enough and very strong. He'd make a good DT. He could work out some in the weight room. He's 6'5" and could easily carry another 20 lbs or so and then he could be a penetrating DT of the kind Denver hasn't had since the early days of Trevor Pryce.

                      On the other hand, there's an outside chance that Okoye would also be available at #10 and he'd be an elite DT prospect.

                      I'm not saying Willis would be bad, but Denver could stay at #21 and take Paul Posluszny or Lawrence Timmons with that pick if they want a LB. You certainly don't need to move up this high simply to take a LB!

                      NO WAY!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cugel
                        Not necessarily. Carriker is likely to go to the 49ers at #11 (or at least the Rams at #13), so taking him at #10 is not a reach.

                        He's BIG as in BIG so he could potentially move inside and play DT, just as Trevor Pryce moved inside when he came to the Broncos and then went to the pro-bowl.

                        Carriker at 290 lbs, does not possess elite pass-rushing speed, but he's quick enough and very strong. He'd make a good DT. He could work out some in the weight room. He's 6'5" and could easily carry another 20 lbs or so and then he could be a penetrating DT of the kind Denver hasn't had since the early days of Trevor Pryce.

                        On the other hand, there's an outside chance that Okoye would also be available at #10 and he'd be an elite DT prospect.

                        I'm not saying Willis would be bad, but Denver could stay at #21 and take Paul Posluszny or Lawrence Timmons with that pick if they want a LB. You certainly don't need to move up this high simply to take a LB!

                        NO WAY!
                        If Shanahan is able to move up to number 10 I don't think it will be for a linebacker.
                        John 11: 25-27

                        My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                        Thanks Snk16

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Possibe trade up

                          http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba...de_partne.html April 24, 2007
                          Texans may have a trade partner ready to go
                          I guess it really wouldn't be a huge shocker, would it? After all, it wouldn't be difficult for Rick Smith to answer his cell phone if he saw "Coach Shanahan" on the caller I.D.

                          I heard from three different sources on Tuesday night and the biggest info potentially involves our boys. I'm hearing that the Broncos are going to try and make a move up the draft board and are looking to land somewhere ahead of San Francisco. Why? Because the Broncos are worried that the Niners will target the guy they want to get their hands on .... Ole Miss LB Patrick Willis. The Texans are one spot ahead of the Niners who draft at #11 and it would make perfect sense for the Texans to move back into the 21st selection and look for someone like Reggie Nelson, Aaron Ross, Joe Staley, Ted Ginn or Dwayne Bowe. The Texans will be open to trading back since they need to recoup at least one pick and I'm pretty certain they could land Denver's second round pick (#56) and potentially a later round pick too. Whether they get a deal done with Denver or not, the Texans know they have to have players and moving back is the smart move.

                          http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba...de_partne.html

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i read this too, and i just dont get it. why would we give up 2 picks for a LB. even if he is all world it wont change the fact we have no dominate lineman. We can get a DE and a DT with those picks. I am very confused by this but it sounds like a mikey move!!


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              On Mike and Mike THis morning they siad we might trade up to get Calvin Johnson...


                              I would prefer Joe Thomas!!! Think how much he could help Cutler and Henry.....
                              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                              Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X