Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jarmarcus Russel best arm in the NFL?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jarmarcus Russel best arm in the NFL?

    He was just on ESPN with Cold Pizza and he said he could easily throw the ball 85+ yards. He also said he could throw over 60 yards from his knees. Now I dont know if this guy is lying or not but that's pretty impressive. I'm not that big of a fan of Russel I will admit but arm strength is pretty important when you have guys like Moss on the other end of the throw.
    sigpic

  • #2
    I heard a local radio sports host say. He lives in the country and he knows of country boys who can throw the ball 80 yards , but they cant play QB.

    It is one thing to throw a ball far another thing is how you play. I heard Russell has been up to 300 pnds



    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

    Where Jay Graduated!


    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cutlerfan
      I heard a local radio sports host say. He lives in the country and he knows of country boys who can throw the ball 80 yards , but they cant play QB.

      It is one thing to throw a ball far another thing is how you play. I heard Russell has been up to 300 pnds
      LOL, shift him inside and have him be his own guard or something...

      Big fattie...


      RIP D-Will and Nash

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DenBronx
        He was just on ESPN with Cold Pizza and he said he could easily throw the ball 85+ yards. He also said he could throw over 60 yards from his knees. Now I dont know if this guy is lying or not but that's pretty impressive. I'm not that big of a fan of Russel I will admit but arm strength is pretty important when you have guys like Moss on the other end of the throw.
        I recently watched his game against Auburn.

        The cool thing about his throws is that he has a very relaxed throwing motion, almost effortless. That same motion can get the ball really far down the field, no sweat. He also has some seems to have some good touch on those loopy ones for screens, etc. And he fully utilizes his height, so it's pretty difficult to tip his passes.

        The one negative I've seen though is that he was pretty inaccurate on the few ones he tried to squeeze to his receivers low. It's probably because of his height that it's more difficult to accurately throw low from such a high launch point. He needs a steeper angle to throw low than most quarterbacks, so there's much greater chance for miscalculations.

        Also, though he can throw deep effortlessly, he didn't have a lot of zip, even in the short or medium ones, in the same way Elway and now Cutler have a lot of zip on the ball. Not that his is a slow floater; his is more like a heavy topspin, not a bullet.

        On a side note, those SEC teams play real defense. Saw the Young x Leinart game, and the defenses sucked compared to these teams.

        Comment


        • #5
          Best arm.. or storngest? I think a distinction needs to be made. Sure you can put the ball THROUGH someones hands, but can you put them INTO someones hands with touch and accuracy? Remember Elway? Early on used to hurt his recievers. Look how his career ended? He was good AND made the throws.
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ebsoria
            Best arm.. or storngest? I think a distinction needs to be made. Sure you can put the ball THROUGH someones hands, but can you put them INTO someones hands with touch and accuracy? Remember Elway? Early on used to hurt his recievers. Look how his career ended? He was good AND made the throws.
            Well in that context, you can put a whole bunch of guys there, specially those who have no power. I think he meant strongest arm.

            And with regards to Elway, those guys should catch the ball when it hits them square in the chest, hehehe.

            Comment


            • #7
              The fact that the guy has one heck of an arm doesn't mean he will translate into a good player in the NFL.

              Ryan Leaf had a strong arm and also ballooned to close to 300 pounds (260 lbs to be precise; not far from Russell's 266). Teams don't need a QB that can launch the ball 80+ yards as that entails a Hail Mary pass and if a team has to revert to Hail Mary passes ... well - I'm sure you know what that means for a team.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

              The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DenBronx
                He was just on ESPN with Cold Pizza and he said he could easily throw the ball 85+ yards. He also said he could throw over 60 yards from his knees. Now I dont know if this guy is lying or not but that's pretty impressive. I'm not that big of a fan of Russel I will admit but arm strength is pretty important when you have guys like Moss on the other end of the throw.
                They just showed a tape of him doing it on ESPN. He's telling the truth.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Best arm in NFL?

                  He is not in the NFL.


                  LOL

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    He does have a bionic arm, but arm strength is overrated. Jeff George had one of the strongest arms in NFL history. 'Nuff said.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He's sorta fat and pretty ugly, though.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I believe Jim Druckenmiller had a strong arm, too...

                        EDIT: Oh yeah, Chad Pennington's arm has definitely kept him out of the NFL.
                        "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

                        "All models are wrong, but some are useful."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The best arm in the NFL is the one with the best trade off between accuracy and strength. The strongest arm in the NFL does not belong to Russell cause he ain't there yet. Actually, there's a running back for the Falcons who's got a pretty huge arm. What's his name? Mick Vixen? Or is it Lon Panama? I can never remember. But whatever, it's a bit of a shotgun. So ok if you're going pheasant shooting. A'ight, that's my dig for the day over and done with.
                          sigpic

                          Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                          Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Arm strength is nothing if he has poor accuracy and throws floaters 90% of the time.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by muse
                              The best arm in the NFL is the one with the best trade off between accuracy and strength. The strongest arm in the NFL does not belong to Russell cause he ain't there yet. Actually, there's a running back for the Falcons who's got a pretty huge arm. What's his name? Mick Vixen? Or is it Lon Panama? I can never remember. But whatever, it's a bit of a shotgun. So ok if you're going pheasant shooting. A'ight, that's my dig for the day over and done with.
                              Oh yeahhhhh . . . Michael Vick! Yes, I remember him. He can throw it out of the stadium . . .



















                              . . . and often does.



                              -----

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X