Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos trying to get to #14 / New rumor (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos trying to get to #14 / New rumor (Merged)

Todd Mcshay on Espn just said that the Broncos are trying to trade with the Panthers to the #14 spot. They want to get ahead of the Steelers because they think the Steelers are also looking to pick DE.
    Last edited by ballen; 04-25-2007, 12:26 PM.

A new Rumor?

Just heard on ESPN we are trade talks with Carolina for the 14th pick. They want a safety and its to early to pick one(after Landry) and we want DE Jamaal Anderson, so we would need to jump infront of Pitt. . What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by jlhawkins9
      Just heard on ESPN we are trade talks with Carolina for the 14th pick. They want a safety and its to early to pick one(after Landry) and we want DE Jamaal Anderson, so we would need to jump infront of Pitt. . What do you think?

ya we could but i dont like the idea..because if we do make the trade to jump 7 spots its not like they are going to just trade spots for nothing they are going to want another draft pick from this a 3rd or 5th and I dont think we want this to happen..Well I dont

Comment

I think that, for what Denver is probably looking at, #21 is between the first and second tier. Moving up puts them in the first tier, moving down puts them in the second tier with extra picks. Either way works for me.
        "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." -Yogi Berra

"All models are wrong, but some are useful."

Comment

I have seen multiple mocks were he slips to us anyway. He supposedly very lazy. I would be shocked if thats who we are targeting.

Comment

Wow both posted at 1:24, you guys are on top of it!
            Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
            GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
            #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
            #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
            #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
            #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
            Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Originally posted by ballen
              Todd Mcshay on Espn just said that the Broncos are trying to trade with the Panthers to the #14 spot. They want to get ahead of the Steelers because they think the Steelers are also looking to pick DE.
              If this is true, I would think we are targeting Alan Branch at 14... possibly Carriker, but it seems Branch has fallen to the teens.

Comment

I have seen multiple mocks were he slips to us anyway. He supposedly very lazy. I would be shocked if thats who we are targeting.
                I really dought he will fall all the way to the #21 pick. More then likely a top 10 if not top 15.
                President Cool

Comment

I'll take any trade up.....means less waiting on draft day hehe.
                  sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

14 is my lucky number.
                    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

I think this is more so we can trade with the lions. The lions do not want to pick all the way at 21 but a #14 next years first and a 2nd and 3rd orsomthing might be a little more attractive. Just food for thought.

Shanny does things like this

Comment

Originally posted by broncos9697
                        ya we could but i dont like the idea..because if we do make the trade to jump 7 spots its not like they are going to just trade spots for nothing they are going to want another draft pick from this a 3rd or 5th and I dont think we want this to happen..Well I dont

According to the value chart a jump from 21 to 14 would cost you more like a second rounder.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2843046

Comment

Originally posted by Astrass
                          I'll take any trade up.....means less waiting on draft day hehe.
                          Yeah man, i agree we should trade up and get Jenkins somehow from the Pathers

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                            I'll have you know that I'll be disappointed with any Carolina trade unless you guys throw in Brett Basanez.

deal!

I watched Brett a lot in preseason, hope he gets some experience in Europe and tries again.

I'm torn about Kris but it looks like a deal of some kind is pretty much just waiting to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
                              I think this is more so we can trade with the lions. The lions do not want to pick all the way at 21 but a #14 next years first and a 2nd and 3rd orsomthing might be a little more attractive. Just food for thought.

Shanny does things like this
                              Detroit has released a statement saying that they are only willing to talk to teams in the top ten picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X