Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos trying to get to #14 / New rumor (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Humberg
    I think any trade into the 10-14 category will net us a decent defensive player that can come in and contribute this year. I'll bet thats whats on the agenda and I'll be it goes in this order:

Okoye
    Willis
    Carriker
    Branch
    Anderson

If this doesn't work out, I'll be we sit where we are and see how things go. If a bunch of players are still available at #21, then we'll trade down. If we happen to stay at #21 I think there is a great chance of drafting a safety (Nelson).
    What about Levi Brown?

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
      In the OTA's, DJ is seeing a lot of time at MIKE. That's all ya'll need to know. POOTIE TANG.
      Who is playing D.J.'s old position at Strong side, if you happen to know?
      sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
      Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
        One of the backup and and you know that mikey will get at least one LB in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
          I'm guessing Nate Webster and Cameron Vaughn.

Comment

I think Vaughn would be ok there. Remember when Sykes and Spragen were outside? Not all positions need to have an all pro there.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
            J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
            R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Thanks for stating their names I was at a loss at the time.

I'd say from what I had heard nate has the inside shot at it.

Comment

I think Nate would be a decent fill in for this year at SAM, and Vaughn has a ways to go in my opinion. There was a reason he was undrafted, but I'm glad we have him. He's a TRUE SAM.

Comment

Take a look at every other Nebraska DE and how they've underachieved in the NFL. That's all I have to say.

Grant Wistrom was a Pro Bowler, who won one Spuer Bowl and played in two others. He declined quickly, but, I doubt that has anything to do with the fact he went to Nebraska.

I'd rather stay where ae are and get Moss/Spencer than move up for Carriker. I agree with you there.

That said... Reggie Nelson would still be the best pick. Go DE in round two (this draft has the depth to make that worth while).
                  - [B]BroncoFanCanada

Comment

Originally posted by ballen
                    Todd Mcshay on Espn just said that the Broncos are trying to trade with the Panthers to the #14 spot. They want to get ahead of the Steelers because they think the Steelers are also looking to pick DE.
                    ...and we think Jamall Anderson will be there; he is the target.

Comment

Take a look at every other Nebraska DE and how they've underachieved in the NFL. That's all I have to say.
                      OK, so by your logic, ALL Nebraska OG's should be drafted early, because Will Shields was so good.

I've already corrected you on this.....

Neil Smith......
                      Grant Wistrom (b4 injury).....
                      ....etc

It's ok to be wrong.
                      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PntherPryd
                        According to the value chart a jump from 21 to 14 would cost you more like a second rounder.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2843046
                        that's fairly solid - we'd be able to keep the 2 3rd rounders which I believe we need to add depth and a potential starter if we're lucky (very very lucky).
                        Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

OMG!!!

DONT YOU PEOPLE SEE A PATTERN!?!?

MIKE IS LOOKING AT EVERY POSSIBLE SCENARIO AND LOOKING AT EVERY TEAM AND EVERY PICK FROM # 2 TO #20!!!

THE BEST VALUE WILL WIN ON THE DAY!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                            OK, so by your logic, ALL Nebraska OG's should be drafted early, because Will Shields was so good.

I've already corrected you on this.....

Neil Smith......
                            Grant Wistrom (b4 injury).....
                            ....etc

It's ok to be wrong.
                            Grant Wistrom had three good years in the NFL, the rest - average.

Chris Kelsay, a solid all-around end, but not a pass rushing threat.

Smith is a legend of the game, and in comparison to other Nebraska ends, it's almost an insult to even put him in there.

For ever Neil Smith, there's 20 Chris Kelsay's.

Times have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by lex
                              What about Levi Brown?

Not that the projected first round OL's aren't worth it, its just that Denver has made a living taking OL's in the mid rounds and molding them into ideal players for their system. I just don't think we need to spend the big one in this area. Its been awhile since (Trevor Pryce) we drafted a high round defensive lineman and I think thats where the attention should be. If Willis is there it may be hard to pass up because this is a hole right now. Those were my considerations.
                              To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Working...
                              X