No announcement yet.

How crazy are the Kansas City Chiefs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How crazy are the Kansas City Chiefs!!

Ok, so Dante Hall is out of the AFC-West...although I think he's past his prime, and that he was never an elite player in the first place, I surely don't mind that he's gone.

The Chiefs are also looking to get rid of Trent Green, and even shopping Larry Johnson!

Is it just me or has the KC front office lost their minds?? I mean, don't get me wrong, we bronco fans could care less...we invite it... But what are they thinking?

Chief fans - please offer your thoughts and comments - Id really like to hear them.

I guess we'll just wait for San Diego to start shopping LT, Merriman, and Gates...our offseason will then be complete...

Hall was looking at a 1.5 mill cap hit, which is just too much for an over the hill returner.

Green is 7.2 million cap hit and with Croyle set to back up Damon Huard he is not needed.

Larry Johnson is a big old smokescreen, he is set to void his contract next year and will be able to get a contract that is bigger than the one LT signed. So they know they have to commit to him, unless someone comes along with a couple of spare 1st round picks.

I am not defending the Kansas ****ty Cheats at all, I am just saying it makes more sense than you make it out to.

Comment

This whole forum is quickly turning into Other NFL Teams.

(Didn't I see one of those somewhere down the list?)

-----

Comment

They're rebuilding. They are also going to become a Herm team with no offense, a crappy QB, and a solid defense. That will be the team: Slow and boring.
        KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
          This whole forum is quickly turning into Other NFL Teams.

(Didn't I see one of those somewhere down the list?)

-----
          Yes, I had suggested the "Other NFL Teams" forum to Charlie Brown (Browns Fan) since all he posts is Cleveland crap...

KC is AFC West - their transactions directly affect our beloved broncos...

Comment

I see it as a sign that they are finally waking up and smelling the coffee...

They have been aging and need to get younger. So they are dumping off dead weight (Green and Hall) and trying to get value for Larry Johnson, since he won't be able to carry the team all by himself, especially with the losses on the O-line.

So, trade off guys now for draft picks, build for the future

Comment

As said, Hall really isnt that good anymore as he gets older and teams have figured him out. He isnt worth the $1.5 million.
              Green is also getting old, and since it is obvious that KC isn't really going tot he superbowl this year or next they may as well develop Croyle.
              Im not so sure about LJ though. He is pretty much the only reason that they did well last year. Then again he has also become a character problem. If the cheifs can get something good in return for him then its probably good for them in the long run.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore
                They're rebuilding. They are also going to become a Herm team with no offense, a crappy QB, and a solid defense. That will be the team: Slow and boring.
                Good to see you here, Kaylore. Your increased appearances would help to improve the board.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                  Good to see you here, Kaylore. Your increased appearances would help to improve the board.

-----
                  Thanks! I come by regularly, I just don't always post.
                  KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Not meaning to sound like a smartass
                    but all this has been posted before...

Starting with Trent,I have heard that Miami is interested and
                    the Chiefs are looking for a trade if Miami is willing to give up
                    a second round pick...talks have stalled from what I understand.

Now on to Dante,no surprise there.I have already posted my thoughts
                    about this in a couple of other threads. IMO Dante is not a threat any longer.
                    Without looking anything up,I am not sure what he was averaging on his
                    returns last season.

Now last but not least...lots of rumors out there about Larry.My understanding
                    was that the Chiefs were shopping for a back up for him and not to
                    trade him.
                    Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by DTownNative
                      Yes, I had suggested the "Other NFL Teams" forum to Charlie Brown (Browns Fan) since all he posts is Cleveland crap...

KC is AFC West - their transactions directly affect our beloved broncos...
                      What does Charlie have to do with this
                      Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Alot does have to do with money as is with any other team..

what are the Chiefs thinking....hell I don't know...I just root for them...

They need to try something else as nothing in the last 20 (30) years
                        have worked :doh:
                        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

The bottom line is none of these three guys is really worth the money they are gona make anyway so the Chiefs need to ship them off now while they can get something for them or they end up with nothing.

1. Dante is waaaaaaay over rated. Sure he had some good years...hell even a couple of great years returing punts but the amount he is going to make is way to much for a return man because he sure is not a good receiver. Dante is only valuable to a team is you can get him the ball in an open space and let him do his superstar and rent-a-car thing. He moves so fast he confuses everyone, including the refs to the point they miss calls. VERY valuable but not for the amount of times he does it for 1.5 mill. He drops way to many punts at critical times and he takes too many chances on returns that he should let go because he thinks he really is plastic man with cleats. He is worth about 800k on my team.

2. Trent....stand up guy and good for the Chiefs fans but not good for the team. He had some sick years, I'll give him that. A lot had to do with his line and LJ but moreover the old off. system he was in made him successfull. He is done due to to much money and they won't get much for him. Chiefs fans are crazy if they think they can get a second rounder for him. You will be lucky if you get a sixth and a used jock strap. Not knocking the guy because we WAS good there but his time is done and you need to draft a QB. I would at least take a chance on Troy Smith late. He is short but also is a playmaker and there has been other short QB greats before him. Draft a WR in the first and then Troy in the third if he falls that far and I think he will. Huard will still be the starter but Brodie is NOT the answer for his replacement. I know some of you Chiefs fans think he is but thats purely because you have never had a good young QB and you don't know what one can do for your team, which is EXACTLY why you can't close the deal in a playoff game going on 14 years now I think.

3. Larry is a FREAK!!!! Very good and buit right for the Chiefs. I think he is better than LT for the Chiefs for the simple reason that the Chiefs AND Broncos need a durable back made to carry the ball 30 times a game in December when it is cold. LT would not be the back he is in KC. That being said he is gonna want about 8.5 Mill next year or you loose him anyway. Trade him now and get some picks and cross your fingers they work out well for you. Save the cap room...use your other back who is very solid but has not really had a chance and get some value for your best player. This whole thought sux if you are a KC fan but it helps your team in the long run. RB's grow on trees now days, there are good deals all over the draft if you take a few chances.
                          Last edited by STR8LIMPIN; 04-25-2007, 01:35 PM.
                          "I'm your Huckelberry"

Comment

See #1 LJ isnt being shipped around... CP is entertaining offers for him. If another
                            team wants to trade him thier whole draft and the circus for him then he would
                            probably do it... But he isnt going around offering LJ... Do you understand?

I dont think its that hard to comprehend at least that much.

Secondly Green is old, he is fragile, he is no longer a starter here in KC. Dont know
                            why he is considered in this coversation seeming we have a young potentiolly good
                            QB in Croyle and at least a semi-proven QB in Huard.

And finally Hall, well CP just got schooled.
                            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

I was just asking KCLAdyfan what the hell is going on with Peterson?

Are the Chiefs just basically blowing it up and starting over?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                              You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                              X