Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrian Peterson - The Next Matt Leinart

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adrian Peterson - The Next Matt Leinart

    Adrian Peterson is projected to go at #3, but I think he will become the next Matt Leinart (dropping to #10).

    1. Oakland - JaMarcus/CJ
    2. Detroit - Whomever is left

    3. Cleveland - They just got Jamaal Lewis.

    4. Tampa Bay - They are DYING for CJ and have Caddy.

    5. Arizona - They have lots of money invested in Edgerrin James, and have a multitude of backups.

    6. Washington - Also have lots of money in Clinton Portis.

    7. Minnesota - Recently resigned Chester Taylor.

    8. Atlanta (from Houston) - Have Warrick Dunn and a good backup (whose name escapes my memory)

    9. Miami - Ronnie Brown is a good proven RB with good backups.

    10. Houston (from Atlanta) - They need a running back.

    Just what I think.

    I'll bet CPs on it.
    Last edited by NickTranOwnz; 04-25-2007, 01:46 PM.

  • #2
    The Browns should take Peterson. They do not have Droughns, he plays for the Giants. Jamal Lewis is a short term answer at best.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ballen
      The Browns should take Peterson. They do not have Droughns, he plays for the Giants. Jamal Lewis is a short term answer at best.
      Oh whoops forgot about that.

      Comment


      • #4
        Adrian Peterson is arguably the most talented in this draft. If he is taken at #10.. what a steal. In fact, I'd say the Texans made the right choice last year because I prefer Adrian Peterson to Reggie Bush. (Of course only if Mario Williams produces some.. )

        Comment


        • #5
          I think the Browns have to take either Thomas or Peterson.

          I read an article on Sports line and it said that you don’t win games in December in Ohio throwing the deep ball. They need a dominant running game and Peterson gives them that. Jamal Lewis signed a one year deal and with many teams favouring the one two punch, I’d say Peterson is a very logical pick for them.
          The All Blacks, the greatest team on the planet!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1_puuceg0

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
            Adrian Peterson is projected to go at #3, but I think he will become the next Matt Leinart (dropping to #10).

            1. Oakland - JaMarcus/CJ
            2. Detroit - Whomever is left

            3. Cleveland - They just got Jamaal Lewis.

            4. Tampa Bay - They are DYING for CJ and have Caddy.

            5. Arizona - They have lots of money invested in Edgerrin James, and have a multitude of backups.

            6. Washington - Also have lots of money in Clinton Portis.

            7. Minnesota - Recently resigned Chester Taylor.

            8. Atlanta (from Houston) - Have Warrick Dunn and a good backup (whose name escapes my memory)

            9. Miami - Ronnie Brown is a good proven RB with good backups.

            10. Houston (from Atlanta) - They need a running back.

            Just what I think.

            I'll bet CPs on it.
            Of course it's more complicated than this because both the Lions and Browns are likely to want to trade down, but essentially, this is right!

            Unless some team trades up to grab him, Peterson could be on the board at #10! And that has ramifications to the rumored Houston - Denver trade!

            If Peterson WERE available can the Texans really give up the right to take the #1 RB in the draft two years in a row? Last year they got Mario Williams, this year trade back to #21 and get a CB or something?

            Would Shanahan consider taking Peterson if he were on the boards?

            And what of the rumors that Denver was interested in Jamaal Anderson, who might go as high as #8, but who might fall all the way out of the top 12 to #13 or #14?

            Will the Redskins take Okoye at #6? If not he could fall too.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              i have thought all along that shanyy had cj #1 and AP #2, you know he can hardley ever pass up a franchise rb;

              the only reason i seem him not taking ap is because he is SO HIGH on henry. i think he said travis was a 1st rd talent, and has great potential for us for years to come.

              that and his contract and bell in the wings puts that down, but i woudlnt be the least bit surprised.

              back on topic, i think he wants okoye
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

              Comment


              • #8
                I'll bet you a CP that AP won't make it to #10.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok, this is the AP breakdown that i have...

                  #3 - Cleveland Browns... Toss up between Peterson and Thomas. I dont think Quinn
                  will be considered as strongly here now. Do they sure up thier OL, or do they take
                  the guy that can get them over the edge?

                  If they take Thomas then...

                  #7 - Minnisota Vikings... They wouldnt mind taking Peterson at all. Chester Taylor
                  is a solid RB and thats why the Vikings are trying to make any moves for AP, but
                  if Peterson is there and Brady Quinn isnt then i have a pretty good hunch that they
                  will go Peterson.

                  If they take Quinn

                  #10 - Houstan Texans... If Peterson makes it this far, they he is gone for sure. After
                  missing Bush this year, they'd love to see AP fall to them.
                  Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                  ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by underrated29
                    i have thought all along that shanyy had cj #1 and AP #2, you know he can hardley ever pass up a franchise rb;

                    the only reason i seem him not taking ap is because he is SO HIGH on henry. i think he said travis was a 1st rd talent, and has great potential for us for years to come.

                    that and his contract and bell in the wings puts that down, but i woudlnt be the least bit surprised.

                    back on topic, i think he wants okoye
                    Then again I can't recall Shanny ever taking a RB in the first round.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SteelBronco
                      Then again I can't recall Shanny ever taking a RB in the first round.
                      I hope he doesn't blow the draft (or half of it) for an unnecessary RB...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GridironChamp
                        Ok, this is the AP breakdown that i have...

                        #3 - Cleveland Browns... Toss up between Peterson and Thomas. I dont think Quinn
                        will be considered as strongly here now. Do they sure up thier OL, or do they take
                        the guy that can get them over the edge?

                        If they take Thomas then...

                        #7 - Minnisota Vikings... They wouldnt mind taking Peterson at all. Chester Taylor
                        is a solid RB and thats why the Vikings are trying to make any moves for AP, but
                        if Peterson is there and Brady Quinn isnt then i have a pretty good hunch that they
                        will go Peterson.

                        If they take Quinn

                        #10 - Houstan Texans... If Peterson makes it this far, they he is gone for sure. After
                        missing Bush this year, they'd love to see AP fall to them.
                        Cleveland: 1/2 the mocks have them taking Brady Quinn. Can they really pass up the chance to get a franchise QB when their QB is Charlie Frye? Logic says no, but this is the Browns we're talking about!

                        So, maybe they take AP. But, I think they'd have to consider strongly taking Joe Thomas if he's there. That would solidify their LT spot for the next decade.

                        But, suppose that the Lions take Gaines Adams, the Browns take trade down and somebody (maybe the Bucs) moves up to take CJ, then does Vikings Brad Childress admit he blew it last year in trading up to grab QB Tavaris Jackson last year and get Quinn at #7?

                        Or does Childress denies that he has a QB problem and take S LaRon Landry (best player available)?

                        In that case, Peterson COULD be available at #10.

                        That's why I have difficulty believing the Texans will just blithely trade down out of that spot without waiting to see if Peterson is on the board. If he is, how can they justify trading with the Broncos? I'm not saying that Shanahan would grab Peterson, but suppose he did?

                        How would that go down in Texas, first ignoring Reggie Bush (and Vince Young), then trading away the chance to get Peterson??

                        Here's a hint how the natives might react!



                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You also have to take into account a team outside the top 10 could trade into a spot in the top 10 to get Peterson.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            man some of you guys need more faith in shanny...hes lead us this far with only 1 losing season, instead of doubting him at every turn why not wait to see what he does and hwo it turns out
                            sig pic removed by mod staff.
                            we do not allow site advertising.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cugel
                              Cleveland: 1/2 the mocks have them taking Brady Quinn. Can they really pass up the chance to get a franchise QB when their QB is Charlie Frye? Logic says no, but this is the Browns we're talking about!

                              So, maybe they take AP. But, I think they'd have to consider strongly taking Joe Thomas if he's there. That would solidify their LT spot for the next decade.

                              But, suppose that the Lions take Gaines Adams, the Browns take trade down and somebody (maybe the Bucs) moves up to take CJ, then does Vikings Brad Childress admit he blew it last year in trading up to grab QB Tavaris Jackson last year and get Quinn at #7?

                              Or does Childress denies that he has a QB problem and take S LaRon Landry (best player available)?

                              In that case, Peterson COULD be available at #10.

                              That's why I have difficulty believing the Texans will just blithely trade down out of that spot without waiting to see if Peterson is on the board. If he is, how can they justify trading with the Broncos? I'm not saying that Shanahan would grab Peterson, but suppose he did?

                              How would that go down in Texas, first ignoring Reggie Bush (and Vince Young), then trading away the chance to get Peterson??

                              Here's a hint how the natives might react!





                              Its all speculation, but that is a really good point brought up about the Texans...
                              Why are they conisdering trading down, at least this far away from the draft, if
                              they will end up having the chance to draft Peterson. Unless they got some inside
                              info about someone is garunteely taking AP then it makes no sense to me.
                              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                              ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X