Vikings targeting CJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings targeting CJ?

Of the teams in the top 10 I think Minnesota have the biggest need for a #1 receiver, but I’ve hardly heard any talk about them moving up to make a play for CJ.

Is this possible? With teams like Detroit and Cleveland possibly looking to move down, could the Vikings get into the top 2 spots?

Do any of the draft gurus here feel this is possible?
    The All Blacks, the greatest team on the planet!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1_puuceg0

Of course it's possible, but it'll take a lot baby!

Comment

I think it would be the best move move in the draft personally if the vikes moved into that spot. The vikes offense is terrible and someone like CJ will give the viking fans something to brag about just like they did with moss.

I live in SD, close enough to MN to know how people loved moss and culpepper....

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
        Of course it's possible, but it'll take a lot baby!
        Look, your sig says you're a poet and may not even know... err... what rhymes with poet??
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria
          Look, your sig says you're a poet and may not even know... err... what rhymes with poet??
          Poet - Know It.

Comment

Why is everyone targeting something that won't be there come #2?

Comment

NO need to waste another recievers talents in oaktown..... let him go to any other team in the league, just not to team who isn't going to be able to show off his talents with that crappy QB walter

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn

what makes you so sure that something won't be there come #2?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU#1
                  NO need to waste another recievers talents in oaktown..... let him go to any other team in the league, just not to team who isn't going to be able to show off his talents with that crappy QB walter
                  You blame all of Walter's faults on his ability or lack of a system & protection, which we are getting him or whoever is behind center?

Comment

I dunno if they have the BIGGEST #1 WR need in the top ten. But they're neck and neck with tbe Bucs.

Comment

that would be crazy

If I'm Matt Millen I absolutely have to ROB the Vikings to make that deal. No way I let the guy everyone thinks will be the stud WR of the NFL go to my nemesis. No matter how bad I need more picks there has got to be someone else I can trade with.
                      "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Would make since for the Vikings, they have 2 2nd rounders, their original and Miami's second rounder from the Culpepper trade.

Ironically, that could be the trade that keeps them from getting Johnson.

Since Culpepper failed to meet expectations in Miami, they may very well trade for Trent Green and guess who's out in that situation?

Now if you are the raiders... do you go...

Draft Russell and have a malcontent, Jerry Porter, and Ronald Curry to throw to.

or...

A potentially healthy Culpepper (who would have more immediate impact than Russell, IMO), or if he's injured, you're back where you are with Walter, and then you have the malcontent, Porter, Curry and Calvin Johnson to throw to.

Seems like a no-brainer if I were the Raiders, but Al Davis doesn't exactly scream draft genius.

It's very likely Russell slips to #3, and Johnson is gone at #1 overall, but it sort of screws up a lot of other teams.

Detroit finds few teams that are interested in trading up to them now, and other prospects are furthur dropped down the board.

Adrian Peterson could get a free fall if the Browns are as high on Russell as predicted.

Detroit might be forced to take Adams at #2 instead of #4.

Tampa might be forced to take Okoye (not bad), but at the expense of CJ.

With that, it limits the options for the skins who could go either:
                        ~ LaRon Landry
                        ~ JaMaal Anderson

Which would effect later picks like Atl, and... well tons of **** would be screwed up and a lot of teams are praying Oakland goes Russell.
                        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

You blame all of Walter's faults on his ability or lack of a system & protection, which we are getting him or whoever is behind center?
                          Well if protection is your biggest problem, why not just draft joe thomas and see another great college T in Joe Thomas take a turn for the worse just like Mr. Gallery???

just look at this list and compare them to what you have now in Gallery and what you could have had with alot of these picks???

1 San Diego Chargers Eli Manning Quarterback Ole Miss
                          2 Oakland Raiders Robert Gallery Offensive tackle Iowa
                          3 Arizona Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald Wide receiver Pittsburgh
                          4 New York Giants Philip Rivers QB NC State
                          5 Washington Redskins Sean Taylor Free safety Miami (FL)
                          6 Cleveland Browns Kellen Winslow II TE Miami (FL)
                          7 Detroit Lions Roy Williams Wide receiver Texas
                          8 Atlanta Falcons DeAngelo Hall Cornerback Virginia Tech
                          9 Jacksonville Jaguars Reggie Williams Wide receiver Washington
                          10 Houston Texans Dunta Robinson Cornerback South Carolina
                          11 Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger Quarterback Miami (OH)
                          12 New York Jets Jonathan Vilma Linebacker Miami (FL)
                          13 Buffalo Bills Lee Evans Wide receiver Wisconsin
                          14 Chicago Bears Tommie Harris Defensive tackle Oklahoma
                          15 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Michael Clayton Wide receiver LSU
                          16 Philadelphia Eagles Shawn Andrews Offensive tackle Arkansas
                          17 Denver Broncos (from Cincinnati) D.J. Williams
                          Last edited by SDSU#1; 04-25-2007, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I don't think anyone else is all that concerned with Russell.

Comment

Working...
                            X