Wed 25APR Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed 25APR Update

Don Banks seems to have some logical news and I think he has a good history of getting information.

Here's what he has to say:

Willis is a very popular prospect as the draft looms. Not only do the Lions want a crack at the Ole Miss linebacker who can run like the wind, there are at least three other potential suitors as well. They include Denver, San Francisco and Buffalo.

One rumored scenario making its way around the league this week has the No. 21 Broncos interested in trading up to No. 10 Houston if Willis is still on the board. Denver released middle linebacker Al Wilson recently and have a vacancy there that Willis would fill.

The scenario makes sense for the Texans, who at No. 21 could still pick one of the cornerbacks or receivers who are expected to be available at that slot. The Broncos have an extra third-round pick obtained in the Ashley Lelie deal, and given that Denver coach Mike Shanahan and his Houston counterpart, Gary Kubiak, have such a close relationship, something could be brewing.

The No. 11 49ers are thought to have Willis high on their list, as well as Nebraska defensive end Adam Carriker, and No. 12 Buffalo could use Willis as a replacement for the departed London Fletcher.

More Tidbits available at:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../trades/1.html
    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

I have to respond just so that a thread i started has at least one response

in all seriousness, we're hearing the following:

1. Denver trading up to - Carolina (14)
    - I suspect this is to land J. Anderson should he slide and Pitt gets him at 15
    2. Denver trading up to - Houston (10)
    - I suspect this is to land Willis or Carriker before SF gets them (well - one of them - not sure which, I'd guess Willis)
    3. Denver trading up to - Washington (6)
    - I suspect this would be to land Okoye and get him before MIN or someone at 10 (if HOU trades out)
    4. Denver trading up to - Detroit (2)
    - CJ or JT - one of them, either one of them, would be a great pick

of those 4 options (sure to change over the next 72 hours), I believe #2 is the most likely.

how about you?
    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

What if we traded up to #10 which is 1300 points which is our #21 and #56, and something/someone else that is the equivilent of 50 points (our 3rd rounders are worth 150-165) points, so I dont think we would include one when it isn't necessary. Then we convince the 49ers that we really want to take Willis, but we are interested in hearing any offers. We could probably milk them out of their 4th round pick and we could swap 10 and 11. They take willis and we take Okoye or Anderson...

This is how I see it going
      1)Russel, Oak
      2)CJ, Tampa (they make the trade)
      3)Adrian Peterson, Cle
      4)Brady Quinn, Det
      5)Joe Thomas, Arizona
      6)Gaines Adams, Redskins
      7)Laron Landry, Min
      8)Leon Hall, Atl
      9)Levi Brown, Mia
      10)Willis, SF
      11)Okoye, DENVER
      "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

man i dont know but the hype of this offseason has me about to blow .. i am ready for the draft.okoye wont be there. i am not a huge fan of getting willis as i see we need to fic our lines. so i just dont see loseing our whole draft just for one of those guys that may or may not be there
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruke
          I have to respond just so that a thread i started has at least one response

in all seriousness, we're hearing the following:

1. Denver trading up to - Carolina (14)
          - I suspect this is to land J. Anderson should he slide and Pitt gets him at 15
          2. Denver trading up to - Houston (10)
          - I suspect this is to land Willis or Carriker before SF gets them (well - one of them - not sure which, I'd guess Willis)
          3. Denver trading up to - Washington (6)
          - I suspect this would be to land Okoye and get him before MIN or someone at 10 (if HOU trades out)
          4. Denver trading up to - Detroit (2)
          - CJ or JT - one of them, either one of them, would be a great pick

of those 4 options (sure to change over the next 72 hours), I believe #2 is the most likely.

how about you?
          1. Denver trading up with Carolina (14) - Landing J. Anderson would be huge...it's a stretch
          2. Denver trading up with Houston (10) - would be for Willis or J. Anderson, not Carriker
          3. Denver trading up with Washington (6) - not going to happen, redskins know they can get more than what we have to offer
          4. Denver trading up with Detroit (2) - Definately wont happen!... our 1st,2nd,3rd rounders arent enough... and if we trade up with say Houston for 10, we won't have anything left to offer for the 2nd overall.

Yes, 2 is most likely... I wouldnt rule out a trade with SF either... They are really interested in Meachum and Bowe...that is if they decide these guys over Willis

Comment

Originally posted by DTownNative
            1. Denver trading up with Carolina (14) - Landing J. Anderson would be huge...it's a stretch
            2. Denver trading up with Houston (10) - would be for Willis or J. Anderson, not Carriker
            3. Denver trading up with Washington (6) - not going to happen, redskins know they can get more than what we have to offer
            4. Denver trading up with Detroit (2) - Definately wont happen!... our 1st,2nd,3rd rounders arent enough... and if we trade up with say Houston for 10, we won't have anything left to offer for the 2nd overall.

Yes, 2 is most likely... I wouldnt rule out a trade with SF either... They are really interested in Meachum and Bowe...that is if they decide these guys over Willis
            Great point, I suppose that gives us the 5th rumor to compile. Regarding Anderson, I don't think he'll be taken before Pittsburg. I haven't read anything to make me think otherwise. I'm not sure why he's so favored over Carriker - that has me remiss. What is that Anderson will bring that Carriker would not? Is it the strong side rush?

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWould#7Do
              What if we traded up to #10 which is 1300 points which is our #21 and #56, and something/someone else that is the equivilent of 50 points (our 3rd rounders are worth 150-165) points, so I dont think we would include one when it isn't necessary. Then we convince the 49ers that we really want to take Willis, but we are interested in hearing any offers. We could probably milk them out of their 4th round pick and we could swap 10 and 11. They take willis and we take Okoye or Anderson...

This is how I see it going
              1)Russel, Oak
              2)CJ, Tampa (they make the trade)
              3)Adrian Peterson, Cle
              4)Brady Quinn, Det
              5)Joe Thomas, Arizona
              6)Gaines Adams, Redskins
              7)Laron Landry, Min
              8)Leon Hall, Atl
              9)Levi Brown, Mia
              10)Willis, SF
              11)Okoye, DENVER

I want whatever you're on. Falcons won't take Leon Hall after taking taking Jimmy Williams last year, and Houston has the #10 spot, not SF. I highly doubt Cleveland would take Peterson too, as well as Minnesota taking Landry.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruke
                Great point, I suppose that gives us the 5th rumor to compile. Regarding Anderson, I don't think he'll be taken before Pittsburg. I haven't read anything to make me think otherwise. I'm not sure why he's so favored over Carriker - that has me remiss. What is that Anderson will bring that Carriker would not? Is it the strong side rush?
                Carriker = strength & power
                Anderson = athleticism & explosive speed

Comment

Originally posted by Navin Johnson_
                  I want whatever you're on. Falcons won't take Leon Hall after taking taking Jimmy Williams last year, and Houston has the #10 spot, not SF. I highly doubt Cleveland would take Peterson too, as well as Minnesota taking Landry.
                  I guess he is saying after a possible trade with the 49ers since they covet Willis (and considering Okoye is still there).
                  A lot has to go right for those scenerios to fall through. The key will have to be who is selected by Detroit, Minnesota and Miami, if indeed we claw our way to #10.

If Detroit trades out of #2 they may be looking at Dline or possibly Quinn (depending how far back they go).
                  Minnesota is looking to grab Landry if AP is off the boards. Leaving Atlanta to reunite Okoye with his former head coach, Bobby Petrino.
                  I don't think Miami has given up on Culpepper and will not look to go offensive, so I see them picking the best Dlineman available (and I think Adams and Branch may be gone by their #9).

Is Saturday here yet???
                  Last edited by atl-bronco; 04-26-2007, 09:25 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DTownNative
                    Carriker = strength & power
                    Anderson = athleticism & explosive speed
                    Regarding Anderson - I think you get the same package at 21 with Moss. I really do. Carriker is unique in that he could be moved inside if need be. I personally like that flexibility. That being said, I would not mind seeing us take Willis (much to the chagrin of many here) and lock down the MLB spot for the next 8 years. I still think we can get a good DE early in round three.

Comment

Working...
                    X